Scientists and the ------------------!

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

somo
Apprentice

Scientists and the ------------------!

Post #1

Post by somo »

The following are some comments of scientists[1] on the scientific miracles in the Holy Quran.

1) Dr. T. V. N. Persaud is Professor of Anatomy, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, and Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. There, he was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy for 16 years. He is well-known in his field. He is the author or editor of 22 textbooks and has published over 181 scientific papers. In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists. When he was asked about the scientific miracles in the Quran which he has researched, he stated the following:

“The way it was explained to me is that Muhammad was a very ordinary man. He could not read, didn’t know [how] to write. In fact, he was an illiterate. And we’re talking about twelve [actually about fourteen] hundred years ago. You have someone illiterate making profound pronouncements and statements and that are amazingly accurate about scientific nature. And I personally can’t see how this could be a mere chance. There are too many accuracies and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements.”

Professor Persaud has included some Quranic verses and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, in some of his books. He has also presented these verses and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad at several conferences.

2) Dr. Joe Leigh Simpson is the Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Professor of Molecular and Human Genetics at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA. Formerly, he was Professor of Ob-Gyn and the Chairman of the Department of Ob-Gyn at the University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, USA. He was also the President of the American Fertility Society. He has received many awards, including the Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology Public Recognition Award in 1992. Professor Simpson studied the following two sayings of the Prophet Muhammad:

“In every one of you, all components of your creation are collected together in your mother’s womb by forty days...”[2]

“If forty-two nights have passed over the embryo, God sends an angel to it, who shapes it and creates its hearing, vision, skin, flesh, and bones....”[3]

He studied these two sayings of the Prophet Muhammad extensively, noting that the first forty days constitute a clearly distinguishable stage of embryo-genesis. He was particularly impressed by the absolute precision and accuracy of those sayings of the Prophet Muhammad. Then, during one conference, he gave the following opinion:

“So that the two hadeeths (the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad) that have been noted provide us with a specific time table for the main embryological development before forty days. Again, the point has been made, I think, repeatedly by other speakers this morning: these hadeeths could not have been obtained on the basis of the scientific knowledge that was available [at] the time of their writing . . . . It follows, I think, that not only there is no conflict between genetics and religion but, in fact, religion can guide science by adding revelation to some of the traditional scientific approaches, that there exist statements in the Quran shown centuries later to be valid, which support knowledge in the Quran having been derived from God.”

3) Dr. E. Marshall Johnson is Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Developmental Biology at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. There, for 22 years he was Professor of Anatomy, the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy, and the Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute. He was also the President of the Teratology Society. He has authored more than 200 publications. In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Professor Johnson said in the presentation of his research paper:

“Summary: The Quran describes not only the development of external form, but emphasizes also the internal stages, the stages inside the embryo, of its creation and development, emphasizing major events recognized by contemporary science.”

Also he said: “As a scientist, I can only deal with things which I can specifically see. I can understand embryology and developmental biology. I can understand the words that are translated to me from the Quran. As I gave the example before, if I were to transpose myself into that era, knowing what I knew today and describing things, I could not describe the things which were described. I see no evidence for the fact to refute the concept that this individual, Muhammad, had to be developing this information from some place. So I see nothing here in conflict with the concept that divine intervention was involved in what he was able to write.

4) Dr. William W. Hay is a well-known marine scientist. He is Professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA. He was formerly the Dean of the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science at the University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA. After a discussion with Professor Hay about the Quran’s mention of recently discovered facts on seas, he said:

“I find it very interesting that this sort of information is in the ancient scriptures of the Holy Quran, and I have no way of knowing where they would come from, but I think it is extremely interesting that they are there and that this work is going on to discover it, the meaning of some of the passages.” And when he was asked about the source of the Quran, he replied: “Well, I would think it must be the divine being.”

5) Dr. Gerald C. Goeringer is Course Director and Associate Professor of Medical Embryology at the Department of Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA. During the Eighth Saudi Medical Conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Professor Goeringer stated the following in the presentation of his research paper:

“In a relatively few aayahs (Quranic verses) is contained a rather comprehensive description of human development from the time of commingling of the gametes through organogenesis. No such distinct and complete record of human development, such as classification, terminology, and description, existed previously. In most, if not all, instances, this description antedates by many centuries the recording of the various stages of human embryonic and fetal development recorded in the traditional scientific literature.”

6) Dr. Yoshihide Kozai is Professor Emeritus at Tokyo University, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan, and was the Director of the National Astronomical Observatory, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan. He said:

“I am very much impressed by finding true astronomical facts in [the] Quran, and for us the modern astronomers have been studying very small pieces of the universe. We’ve concentrated our efforts for understanding of [a] very small part. Because by using telescopes, we can see only very few parts [of] the sky without thinking [about the] whole universe. So, by reading [the] Quran and by answering to the questions, I think I can find my future way for investigation of the universe.”

7) Professor Tejatat Tejasen is the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy at Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Previously, he was the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at the same university. During the Eighth Saudi Medical Conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Professor Tejasen stood up and said:

“During the last three years, I became interested in the Quran . . . . From my study and what I have learned from this conference, I believe that everything that has been recorded in the Quran fourteen hundred years ago must be the truth, that can be proved by the scientific means. Since the Prophet Muhammad could neither read nor write, Muhammad must be a messenger who relayed this truth, which was revealed to him as an enlightenment by the one who is eligible [as the] creator.

This creator must be God. Therefore, I think this is the time to say La ilaha illa Allah, there is no god to worship except Allah (God), Muhammadur rasoolu Allah, Muhammad is Messenger (Prophet) of Allah (God). Lastly, I must congratulate for the excellent and highly successful arrangement for this conference . . . . I have gained not only from the scientific point of view and religious point of view but also the great chance of meeting many well-known scientists and making many new friends among the participants. The most precious thing of all that I have gained by coming to this place is La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammadur rasoolu Allah, and to have become a Muslim.”

After all these examples we have seen about the scientific miracles in the Holy Quran and all these scientists’ comments on this, let us ask ourselves these questions:

• Could it be a coincidence that all this recently discovered scientific information from different fields was mentioned in the Quran, which was revealed fourteen centuries ago?

• Could this Quran have been authored by Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, or by any other human being?

The only possible answer is that this Quran must be the literal word of God, revealed by Him.
القرآن الكريم والعلم الحديث كاملة The Quran and Modern Science full Zakir naik youtube

somo
Apprentice

Re: Scientists and the ------------------!

Post #21

Post by somo »

Mountains

The Quran draws our attention to a very important characteristic of mountains:

“Did We not make the earth a resting place? And the mountains as stakes?” (Quran 78:6-7)

The Quran indicates that mountains have deep roots by using the word stakes to describe them. In fact mountains do have deep roots, and the word stakes is an accurate description for them. A book titled ‘Earth’ by Geophysicist Frank Press explains that mountains are like stakes, and are buried deep under the surface of the earth. , the height of which is approximately 9 km above ground, has a root deeper than 125 km.

The fact that mountains have deep ‘stake’ like roots was not known, until after the development of the theory of plate tectonics in the beginning of the 20th century.
"the Quran miracles" The formation of mountains(1/3

"the Quran miracles" The formation of mountains(2/3

somo
Apprentice

Post #22

Post by somo »

most Christians who throw away the old testament easily, if a Muslim rejects a single verse in the Quran he becomes a kafir (non-Muslim).

Problem is most don't follow the 10 commandments, especially today. I have a Christian co-worker who loves to tell me the religion is evil. But I've caught him in multiple lies, seen him steal from the company and he cheats on his wife.

People can reject it all the way to the grave but the One who sent the Torah, Injeel and Quran is the same deity. The God of Abraham. Of course you are gonna find similar rules, at-least with what man has not managed to edit.

Why did God send prophets such as Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, peace be upon them?

To warn us against following the polytheists and atheists who are corrupt in the land and those who doubt the path and the straight path of God, who cares about the interest of the whole society.

Freedom in thinking and creativity does not mean deviating from God’s commandments, and every person does what he wants according to his personal whims, even if the person harms himself or others.

Because in this case, the criteria for good and bad will differ from one person to another
What seems true to you will seem incorrect to another person because the constant criterion is personal interest only

Example
Homosexuality is a deviation and destruction of offspring in the land and has serious medical damage to both parties

But for some people, homeopathy is harmless
And agree his personal interest

is actually the logic behind why Catholics believe in a realm or state called "Limbo", because of infants dying they are not pure enough to enter into heaven because of inheriting Original Sin, so they are in this in-between state until the day of judgement. Purgatory is similar but doesn't have the same pre-mortal aspects to it.

We on the other hand believe in Fitrah, that the soul is created pure and that it is the interaction with sin in the world, and temptations of Shaitan (Satan) that makes it needing of repentance - which is also why God sends Prophets and messengers to give us the map of salvation.
We do believe in an intermediate state, called Barzakh, but it doesn't function like the intermediate states in Christian theology.
In Islamic theology, a soul is accountable only for it's own actions, whether it is good or bad to itself or towards others.

A large number of Filipino soldiers pronounce the Shahada and convert to Islam

أحد أشهر الباحثين الأمريكيين يدخل الإسلام ويتصدى للإلحاد بالقرآن – Reputable Doctor Refutes Atheism!

UK Gangster Reveals the Real Reason Why prisoners Convert to Islam

U.S. Military Officer's Fascinating Journey to Islam

Muay Thai World Champion Shocked the World by Unexpected Conversion!

A Muslim's Smile Transformed this Film Director's Life Forever

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

somo
Apprentice

Post #23

Post by somo »

Sky’s Protection

The sky plays a crucial role in protecting the earth. The sky protects the earth from the lethal rays of the sun. If the sky did not exist then the sun’s radiation would have killed off all life on earth. It also acts like a blanket wrapped around the earth, to protect it from the freezing cold of space. The temperature just above the sky is approximately -270oC. If this temperature was to reach earth then the planet would freeze over instantly. The sky also protects life on earth by warming the surface through heat retention (greenhouse effect), and reducing temperature extremes between day and night[5]. These are some of the many protective functions of the sky.

The Quran asks us to consider the sky in the following verse:

“We made the sky a protective ceiling. And yet they are turning away from Our signs!” (Quran 21:32)

The Quran points to the sky’s protection as a sign of God. The protective properties of the sky were discovered by scientific research conducted in the 20th century.

Scientific Facts in the Qur'an: SKY'S Protection

The Scientific Miracles of the Qur'an (Perfection of the Creation of the Sky)

somo
Apprentice

Post #24

Post by somo »

The Prophets of the Old Testament such as Abraham, Noah and Jonah never preached that God is part of a Trinity, and did not believe in Jesus as their saviour. Their message was simple: there is one God and He alone deserves your worship. It doesn’t make sense that God sent Prophets for thousands of years with the same essential message, and then all of a sudden he says he is in a Trinity and that you must believe in Jesus to be saved.

It is clear that the sect of Christianity who believed Jesus to be a human Prophet and nothing more, were following the true teachings of Jesus. This is because their concept of God is the same as that which was taught by the Prophets in the Old Testament.

The truth is that Jesus preached the same message that the Prophets in the Old Testament preached. There is a passage in the Bible which really emphasizes his core message. A man came to Jesus and asked “Which is the first commandment of all?”Jesus answered, “The first of all the commandments is Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.’’[Mark 12:28-29]. So the greatest commandment, the most important belief according to Jesus is that God is one. If Jesus was God he would have said ‘I am God, worship me’, but he didn’t. He merely repeated a verse from the Old Testament confirming that God is One.

: This is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you sent. I have glorified you on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.[John 17:3-4].

Jesus has confined the divine to the father alone

Also Jesus said “salvation is of the Jews” [John 4:22]. So according to this we don’t need to believe in the Trinity or that Jesus died for our sins to attain salvation since the Jews don’t have these beliefs.

Islam is not just another religion. It is the same message preached by Moses, Jesus and Abraham. Islam literally means ‘submission to God’ and it teaches us to have a direct relationship with God. It reminds us that since God created us, no one should be worshipped except God alone. It also teaches that God is nothing like a human being or like anything that we can imagine. The concept of God is summarized in the Quran as:

“Say, He is God, the One. God, the Absolute. He does not give birth, nor was He born, and there is nothing like Him.” (Quran 112:1-4)[4]

أعطونى القرآن من فضلكم! فتاة انجليزية ترغب قراءت القرآن، والمسلم يسألها لماذا؟

فتاة بريطانية للأب، هل حتقبلني لو اسلمت؟ شيخ محمد

جندي أمريكي أعلن إسلامه فاحضر زوجته واعتنقت الإسلام! الشيخ عثمان فاروق

ابتسامة كبيرة من بريطانية، اسألي عن الإسلام ولكن ليس عمري

Diogenes
Guru

Post #25

Post by Diogenes »

[Replying to somo in post #24]
The usual anti-science nonsense we periodically get from some Islamic fundamentalist who repeats the same kind of misinformation and pseudo science the fundamentalist Christians use in AIG. Hell-o! No one takes this seriously and few read it, except for a morning laugh. What you actually accomplish with this silliness is to put Islam in further disrepute. You're welcome to your beliefs, but please don't pretend you are going to convince anyone thru these long videos and passages of fake science.
But I guess that's what you need to do when the truth is against you.

somo
Apprentice

Post #26

Post by somo »

22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

To whom does Jesus say this phrase to the Jews or to the Muslims?? Or for the Christians who say that we cast out demons in the name of God?

Of course,
the Christians who say that We expel demons in the name of God

they are neither Muslims nor Jews, because they do not consider Christ a God or son of god

God is the father only
Jesus is the Prophet of God
The Holy Spirit is an angel who transmits the revelation from the Father to the Prophets

أحمد ديدات عودة المسيح وأسبابها

Christ rejects Christians on the Day of Resurrection...! Hashem in conversation with a Christian woman - Speakers Corner - (Hyde Park - London)

المسيح يرفض النصارى يوم القيامة ...! هاشم في حوار مع سيدة مسيحية - ركن المتحدثين - (هايد بارك - لندن)

somo
Apprentice

Post #27

Post by somo »

Iron

Iron is not natural to the earth. It did not form on the earth but came down to earth from outer space. This may sound strange but it’s true. Scientists have found that billions of years ago the earth was stuck by meteorites. These meteorites were carrying Iron from distant stars which had exploded[4].

The Quran says the following on the origin of Iron:

“We sent down Iron with its great inherent strength and its many benefits for humankind.” (Quran 57:25)

God uses the words ‘sent down’ for Iron. It is clear from the verse that Iron is not an earthly material, but was sent down for the benefit of humanity. The fact that Iron came down to earth from outer space is something which could not be known by the primitive science of the 7th century.

Islamic Miracle, Quran Iron Core Miracles معجزات القرآن الكريم

حول القس كنيسته بأكملها إلى الإسلام
The priest and his entire church converted to Islam

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #28

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to somo in post #1]

Namaskaram somo

Lets talk about the truth...

Your friend forever

Waterfall
Love is the salt of life. It takes a moment to understand and eternity to live.

Carsten Ploug Olsen

somo
Apprentice

Post #29

Post by somo »

You will be shocked when watching the video

DEBATE : THE QUR'AN AND THE BIBLE IN THE LIGHT OF SCIENCE | TALK + REBUTTAL + Q & A | DR ZAKIR NAIK

القرآن يذهل العالم ويكشف 10 أسرار تاريخية عن الفراعنة ومصر القديمة لم تُكتشف إلا حديثاً

Origin of Life

Water is essential for all living things. We all know that water is vital to life but the Quran makes a very unusual claim:

We made every living thing from water? Will they not believe? (Quran 21:30)

In this verse water is pointed out as the origin of all life. All living things are made of cells. We now know that cells are mostly made up of water[3]. For example, 80% of the cytoplasm (basic cell material) of a standard animal cell is described as water in biology textbooks.

The fact that living things consist mostly of water was discovered only after the invention of the microscope. In the deserts of Arabia, the last thing someone would have guessed is that all life came from water.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #30

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to somo in post #29]

Namaskaram somo

What do we care about...

Your friend forever

Waterfall
Love is the salt of life. It takes a moment to understand and eternity to live.

Carsten Ploug Olsen