Moderator: Moderators

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Soul Survivor Sex Scandal

Post #1

Post by boatsnguitars »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/0 ... -concerns/

Once again, we see Christians acting badly, and not only molesting kids, but helping to traffic children to the abusers.

Yet, we hear nothing from Christians until the law finds out about it.

What is it about Christian religious leaders and sex crimes, especially against children? They seem to target the children, even from hundreds and thousands of years ago.

There's even a story of a naked young man running from Jesus' room in the dead of night.

51 And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him: 52 And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked[Mk 14:51–52]

Are there passages in the Bible that speak to pedophiles? That makes them think they have an opening? That makes them believe Christianity is a safe place to diddle kids?

Does Christianity market itself to pedophiles?
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Adonai Yahweh
Student

Re: Soul Survivor Sex Scandal

Post #2

Post by Adonai Yahweh »

Once again, we see Christians acting badly, and not only molesting kids, but helping to traffic children to the abusers.

Yet, we hear nothing from Christians until the law finds out about it.

What is it about Christian religious leaders and sex crimes, especially against children? They seem to target the children, even from hundreds and thousands of years ago.

There's even a story of a naked young man running from Jesus' room in the dead of night.

51 And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him: 52 And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked[Mk 14:51–52]

Are there passages in the Bible that speak to pedophiles? That makes them think they have an opening? That makes them believe Christianity is a safe place to diddle kids?

Does Christianity market itself to pedophiles?
Firstly you are taking a proportion of scripture and twisting it as some awful and inaccurate interpretation . Mark 14:43-52 in the Bible recounts the events that took place during Jesus' arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane. Here is the passage from the New International Version (NIV):
"Just as he was speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, appeared. With him was a crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests, the teachers of the law, and the elders.Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: 'The one I kiss is the man; arrest him and lead him away under guard.' Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, 'Rabbi!' and kissed him. The men seized Jesus and arrested him. Then one of those standing near drew his sword and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear. 'Am I leading a rebellion,' said Jesus, 'that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? Every day I was with you, teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest me. But the Scriptures must be fulfilled.' Then everyone deserted him and fled.
A young man, wearing nothing but a linen garment, was following Jesus. When they seized him, he fled naked, leaving his garment behind."

This passage describes the betrayal of Jesus by Judas Iscariot and his subsequent arrest. It also mentions a young man who was following Jesus and fled when the soldiers tried to seize him, leaving his clothing behind. Chrisitans DO NOT support pedophilia . Many of us condone such behaviour but are voices are always silenced as usual by the world . A Christian is not determined by their mere words but by their actions . Children are indeed considered important in the Bible, and there are several passages that highlight their significance. The Bible recognizes the value and worth of children and emphasizes the responsibility of caring for and nurturing them.

Matthew 19:14 (NIV): "Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'"

Psalm 127:3 (NIV): "Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him."

Proverbs 22:6 (NIV): "Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old, they will not turn from it."

Ephesians 6:4 (NIV): "Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."

These verses, among others, highlight the importance of children as inheritors of the kingdom of heaven, blessings from God, and the future generation entrusted with passing down faith and values. They also emphasize the role of parents and caregivers in providing guidance and nurturing children in a way that aligns with God's teachings.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Purple Knight »

boatsnguitars wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:09 pm Are there passages in the Bible that speak to pedophiles?
Since it's always pederasty, and the Bible speaks plainly against homosexuality, anyone who finds something like this, imo, has engaged in projecting and wish fulfillment.
boatsnguitars wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:09 pmDoes Christianity market itself to pedophiles?
The structure and hierarchy of organised Christianity does. I don't think it's a coincidence that the biggest, most organised Christian sect (Catholics) is the one famously infested with paedophiles.

If you're talking about just the Bible, I would say definitely not. People read whatever they want and have whatever fantasies about it they want, and Da Vinci Code in whatever they want, but that's on them. Once you start talking about metaphor and what actually means what, you can get whatever you want to get.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by boatsnguitars »

Purple Knight wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:35 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:09 pm Are there passages in the Bible that speak to pedophiles?
Since it's always pederasty, and the Bible speaks plainly against homosexuality, anyone who finds something like this, imo, has engaged in projecting and wish fulfillment.
boatsnguitars wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:09 pmDoes Christianity market itself to pedophiles?
The structure and hierarchy of organised Christianity does. I don't think it's a coincidence that the biggest, most organised Christian sect (Catholics) is the one famously infested with paedophiles.

If you're talking about just the Bible, I would say definitely not. People read whatever they want and have whatever fantasies about it they want, and Da Vinci Code in whatever they want, but that's on them. Once you start talking about metaphor and what actually means what, you can get whatever you want to get.
There's an awful lot of young girls getting raped by older men in the Bible, and then in some cases, they get to marry them. Sounds like a pedophile's fantasy novel to me or a How-To Manual.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm