The Delay of the End

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Skeptical
Apprentice

The Delay of the End

Post #1

Post by Skeptical »

Hello all. Even though I am skeptical, at the same time, I am saddened and distressed by the many horrific and terrible things that we see go on around us in the world. Therefore, as a skeptic, I still do think about things such as the last days the end times. Therefore, as far as how things just keep going on and on and on, I understand that some Christians apply Habakkuk 2:3 to the situation. So, I would like to know from any type of theist, if they think that Habakkuk 2:3 is being used properly to understand this delayed situation? And the reason why I ask is because that verse seems to be able to justify any type of delay, postponement, or unfulfillment of any type of end time expectation.
New International Version
For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.
https://biblehub.com/habakkuk/2-3.htm

Miles
Savant

Re: The Delay of the End

Post #71

Post by Miles »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:56 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:59 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:44 am
Miles wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:28 am
myth-one.com wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:25 pm When did God make a mistake?
TO NOTE:
When one repents, regrets, grieves, is remorseful or sorry for what they did, that act (doing) would have been a mistake: Something they should not have done.
If something is made the best most perfect way to fulfill a specified project or goal, then it cannot be called a mistake if it stumbles due to the fault of others along the way.
That's one gigantic If, because, as it stands, this isn't the case at all. For instance, god's intention to create perfect humans failed to fulfill such a goal, an outcome that made him sorry, repentant, and regretful for trying. "The Lord was sorry he had made human beings on the earth. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth. And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth." Creating A&E was a mistake. Wanting humans to populate Earth, god should have done something different. Maybe putting Satan in solitary confinement for all eternity (being omnipotent god could have done this), or perhaps endowing A&E with better awareness insight, intellect, intuition, judgment, shrewdness, vision, wisdom, acumen, perception, quickness, and understanding. OR, maybe god would have been better off not having created A&E at all. As god would likely put it, "creating A&E was one of my all-time blunders. It made me sorry, repentant, and regretful for even trying." A blunder being a mistake.

Actually, God admitted that every thing He made was "very good,"
Then why did it come about that "The Lord was sorry he had made human beings on the earth"? And "it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth"? And "the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth"? Could it be that his "very good" wasn't so "very good" after all, but rather a mistake? Sure sounds like it to me. :mrgreen:

not perfect:
And I was just replying to your implication of god's work,"If something is made the best most perfect way to fulfill a specified project or goal, . . ."

Skeptical
Apprentice

Re: The Delay of the End

Post #72

Post by Skeptical »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:17 pm
Skeptical wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:56 am
myth-one.com wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:06 am
Skeptical wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:19 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:13 pm
Skeptical wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:03 pm Interesting stuff, 3CPO, but why not save it for another topic? Also, I would like to know whether or not Adam and Eve, the people who died in Noah's flood, the people who died in Sodom and Gomorrah, Judas Iscariot, and the scribes and the Pharisee who Jesus said sinned against or blasphemed the holy spirit are going to be resurrected,. . .
Yes, every human who ever died will be resurrected.
Skeptical wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:03 pm . . . but not now.
Say when.
You can start a new thread anytime that you want to.
Thanks, buy I have no desire to start a new thread,
That's too bad because it sounded like a good topic for debate.

You can start a new thread anytime that you want to.
No thank you. I don't want your leftovers. 😅