Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Brightfame52
Sage

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #341

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to 1213 in post #339]

You and I think differently. I told you why !

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #342

Post by Brightfame52 »

That Jesus is God is testified to all over the scripture. He is called the Mighty God Isa 9:6

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah again used the same phrase Mighty God here Isa 10:21

The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.206

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #343

Post by Brightfame52 »

That Jesus is God is testified to all over the scripture. He is King of Israel John 1:49

Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Isa 44:6

Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts;[/b] I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God

Jesus said He was the first and the last Rev 1:16-17

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 207

Avoice
Guru

Post #344

Post by Avoice »

So you are saying part of God is dead and possibly estrn by a dog. At the very least considered trash.
I speak of his foreskin.

Jesus is not God.

So… he paid the price for fir our sins,eh? Paid them to who? Himself? Whoever thinks God would let himself be spit on and humiliated and hung up to die while he peed and defacated on himself has a low opinion of God

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #345

Post by Brightfame52 »

Clearly Jesus is referred to as God by Paul in this Titus verse Titus 2:13,14

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Note also that Jesus Christ is that Great God/ Man who gave Himself for us, for the purpose of redeeming us from all iniquity.

But I believe also Jesus is being referred to as God by Paul here as well Titus 1:3

But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

Now wasnt Paul given the command and entrusted with the Ministry by Jesus Christ personally ? Acts 9:4-6

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Acts 26:15-17

15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,207

Avoice
Guru

Post #346

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to Brightfame52 in post #345]

Paul also said he was a liar.

Why would anyone believe anything he says?
Really, why?

Avoice
Guru

Post #347

Post by Avoice »

Paul also said he was a liar.

Why would anyone believe anything he says?
Really, why?
Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:06 am That Jesus is God is testified to all over the scripture. He is called the Mighty God Isa 9:6

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:06 am That Jesus is God is testified to all over the scripture. He is called the Mighty God Isa 9:6

It doesnt say that in Hebrew! It says a child WAS born to us. Its about Hezekiah. Whose name by the way mean Mighty God.

Just because Hezekiahs name means mighty god diesnt mean he is god. MANY Hebrew names have god in it. Lije Isaiah

Avoice
Guru

Post #348

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to Brightfame52 in post #1]

Its a shame how Jesus ignored the first four commandments. And when asked if there was anything else he says: IF there be any others.,,, IF THERE BE? If?And of the last six he removes one and inserts his own.
Snd when Paul quotes them he ignores the first four slso and of the six Jesus stated he too removed the god gave. And he removed the one Jesus inserted and then added his own.
Sum this up:

God gave the original 10
Jesus ignored tge first 4 and stole one of the remaining 6 and put in his own
Psul ignored the first 4 and he also stole one of the remaining 6. Plus he stole the one Jesus put in after he stole one from God. Then Paul added his own

Avoice
Guru

Post #349

Post by Avoice »

Who cares what Paul refers to Jesus as. Paul is an admitted liar. How about finding a passage that is atrributed to God saying it. His opinion is all that matters.

I would be a fool to believe in some guy ftom Tarsus. Especislly one who lies. I want to hear God say it. And he needs to identify himself.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #350

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to Avoice in post #346]

So thats your argument ? You may as well remained speecless