WHAT WAS THE REQUIREMENT FOR CHRIST TO BE DECLARED THE SON OF GOD?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

WHAT WAS THE REQUIREMENT FOR CHRIST TO BE DECLARED THE SON OF GOD?

Post #1

Post by Eddie Ramos »

The Bible tells us that Christ was declared to be the Son of God after completing one specific task, after raising from the dead.

Romans 1:4 (KJV 1900)
And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by (meaning THROUGH) the resurrection from the dead:

This passage is extremely interesting because we notice that Christ was declared to be the Son of God even from his conception as recorded in the gospels.

Luke 1:35 (KJV 1900)
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Mark 9:7 (KJV 1900)
And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Over and over, we see many passages that declare Christ to be the Son of God, but the problem is that if we look to the cross as the only time Christ died and rose again, the he had not yet died nor rose again, yet here he is, being declared to be the Son of God before his death and resurrection. But this is not a problem is we can see that Christ died and rose again from the foundation of the world to pay for sins. Now, at any time throughout the course of the history of the world, Christ could be rightfully declared to be the son of God before the cross of 33 A.D. and we still have perfect harmony with the scriptures.

For those who disagree that Christ died and rose again from the foundation of the world, then the discussion for the O.P. is, can you show from the scriptures how could Christ be declared to be the Son of God, by the resurrection from the dead, if he hadn't died nor rose again till 33 A.D. and yet was indeed declared to be the Son of God throughout his earthly ministry?

Savant

Re: WHAT WAS THE REQUIREMENT FOR CHRIST TO BE DECLARED THE SON OF GOD?

Post #31

Post by 1213 »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:08 pm ...
Leviticus 17:11 (KJV 1900)
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
I think that is the best scripture for the claim that blood is absolutely necessary. However, I still don't think it is fully understood. One reason for that is for example that all people die eventually, at least once. So, no matter how much animal blood you would spill, your blood is going to be spilled as well.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #32

Post by Revelations won »

Dear Eddie Ramos,

On or about May 28 I gave the following reply to your OP question:

To Eddie Ramos,

Jesus the Christ is called the "Son of God" simply because he was not only the "first born of all the spirit children of God, but also because he was the only "Begotten son of God in the Flesh.

In other words Elohim or God the Father Is the literal Father of Jesus Christ in the Flesh.

Putting it with a different view: Jesus Christ is the only Legitimate son of God the Father in the flesh.

I also clearly understand that this is in direct opposition to the erroneous and false accusation by the apostate Jews that he was a "bastard child". Their false claim is not based on prophetic revelation from God, but simply a man made accusation and has no evidence and basis in truth. It should also be so noted that their alleged accusation is in direct contradiction and violation of the law as given to Moses.

Please let me know if there is anything you did not understand or disagree with in my response..

Kind regards,
RW

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #33

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Revelations won wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:14 pm Dear Eddie Ramos,

On or about May 28 I gave the following reply to your OP question:

To Eddie Ramos,

Jesus the Christ is called the "Son of God" simply because he was not only the "first born of all the spirit children of God, but also because he was the only "Begotten son of God in the Flesh.

In other words Elohim or God the Father Is the literal Father of Jesus Christ in the Flesh.

Putting it with a different view: Jesus Christ is the only Legitimate son of God the Father in the flesh.

I also clearly understand that this is in direct opposition to the erroneous and false accusation by the apostate Jews that he was a "bastard child". Their false claim is not based on prophetic revelation from God, but simply a man made accusation and has no evidence and basis in truth. It should also be so noted that their alleged accusation is in direct contradiction and violation of the law as given to Moses.

Please let me know if there is anything you did not understand or disagree with in my response..

Kind regards,
RW
Yes, I saw this post from before and I replied to it on post #13. But the question from the OP is specific. By what means was Christ declared to be called the son of God? And Romans 1:4 is the answer. By raising from the dead. I just want to know who else can see this as being so.

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #34

Post by Eddie Ramos »

1213 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:25 pm
Eddie Ramos wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:08 pm ...
Leviticus 17:11 (KJV 1900)
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
I think that is the best scripture for the claim that blood is absolutely necessary. However, I still don't think it is fully understood. One reason for that is for example that all people die eventually, at least once. So, no matter how much animal blood you would spill, your blood is going to be spilled as well.
Well, there are many scriptures that spell out that "blood" (meaning death) is absolutely necessary. That is because this is the thread that runs through the heart of the gospel message. Jesus died in order to pay the penalty that his own law required. He did this because if he didn't, mankind would have utterly perished forever. But let's examine your reason above for why you think all the verses that talk require death for forgiveness are misunderstood. First, let me say that they are only misunderstood if one does not try to harmonize them with the rest of the scriptures ( as I have tried to show you). But, your reason (or perhaps one of your reasons) for believing what you do about it is that no matter how many animals are killed, people are still going to die. And that is true, primarily because the sacrifice of animals never did anything to take away sins.

Hebrews 10:4 (KJV 1900)
For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Hebrews 10:11 (KJV 1900)
And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

Now that we understand that every single sacrifice made in the Old Testament, only pointed to the one and only true sacrifice which was acceptable by God, and that was his own sacrifice, in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ. God's law demands death for sin. It has been this way from the very beginning, starting with Adam and Eve.

Romans 6:23 (KJV 1900)
For the wages of sin is death (blood shed); but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Genesis 2:17 (KJV 1900)
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Are you aware that Adam and Eve died the very day they sinned, just like God had said? The problem is that because we are physical beings, we tend to think everything is physical. But God is a spirit and his words are spiritual. God did not lie to Adam, he did die the day he sinned, his soul died.

Ezekiel 18:4 (KJV 1900)
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, IT shall die.

Then the body was also cursed shortly after.

Genesis 3:19 (KJV 1900)
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

In other words, God's requirement of death for sin, was all inclusive (body and soul). Because of Adam and Eve's sin, everyone that would come from them (all of mankind) was conceived in sin and therefore guilty of death as well.

Romans 5:12 (KJV 1900)
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Romans 3:23 (KJV 1900)
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 3:10 (KJV 1900)
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

In other words, mankind was righteously judged by the law of God and found to be guilty of sin, and the only payment God decreed as acceptable was death. Death of the complete human being (body and soul). But because God was merciful, he decided that instead of letting mankind perish in their sins, that he would save some. But he couldn't just overlook their sins because God has bound himself to follow his own law, therefore he had to address the problem of the sins of all those he chose to redeem from the curse of death and took their place himself. Fully satisfying the requirements of his own law on behalf of his elect. And because death could not hold God, he rose from the dead, and because he had victory over death, so do all of those whom he saved. This is why Christ said that all those who live (meaning, are born again) would never die.

John 11:26 (KJV 1900)
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 8:51 (KJV 1900)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

But again, because mankind, by nature is carnally minded (and take Jesus' parabolic words at face value, which ought never to be done) God shows us what happens when we apply our own logic to Jesus' words.

John 8:52 (KJV 1900)
Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

But Christ was referring to the born again soul of an elect child of God which would never again see death. The body had no immediate benefit from salvation, but the soul did.

John 6:63 (KJV 1900)
It is the spirit that quickeneth (that makes alive, in other words, salvation is spiritual); the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

This means that even the bodies of a truly saved individual is still under the curse of sin and still gets sick and dies. This is because the completion of our salvation, the redemption of our bodies, will not occur until the last day of this earth's existence.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #35

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:30 pm ...there are many scriptures that spell out that "blood" (meaning death)
Blood does not mean death; indeed quite the contrary, we read in scripture ...
LEVITICUS 17:14

For the life of every sort of flesh is its blood ...
various translations
https://biblehub.com/leviticus/17-14.htm

The blood = represents the life (NOT death)
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Savant

Post #36

Post by 1213 »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:30 pm ...
Now that we understand that every single sacrifice made in the Old Testament, only pointed to the one and only true sacrifice which was acceptable by God, and that was his own sacrifice, in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ. God's law demands death for sin. It has been this way from the very beginning, starting with Adam and Eve.
By what I remember, there are sacrifices accepted by God before Jesus. The problem with many sacrifices was that they were meaningless. People made them habitually, without any good reason. The point of sin sacrifice is to show that person is sorry, regrets and wants to be better. Person who continues in sin and thinks, "everything is fine, as long as I just kill some animals" or "...shout "sorry, please forgive me" every Sunday morning, without any regret and idea to improve, is not in a good position.

The goal is that person has no sin. Then he doesn't need to sacrifice. And the words of Jesus can cause change in person that he is "born-anew" and is without sin. That is why what Jesus did is greater than any sacrifice. The other sacrifices didn't cause change in person so that they would become righteous.
Eddie Ramos wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:30 pmAre you aware that Adam and Eve died the very day they sinned, just like God had said? The problem is that because we are physical beings, we tend to think everything is physical. But God is a spirit and his words are spiritual. God did not lie to Adam, he did die the day he sinned, his soul died.
Sorry, I don't think your ideas are well based on the Bible.
Eddie Ramos wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:30 pm...But he couldn't just overlook their sins because God has bound himself to follow his own law, therefore he had to address the problem of the sins of all those he chose to redeem from the curse of death and took their place himself. Fully satisfying the requirements of his own law on behalf of his elect. And because death could not hold God, he rose from the dead, and because he had victory over death, so do all of those whom he saved. This is why Christ said that all those who live (meaning, are born again) would never die...
You have lot of ideas that are not said in the Bible. For example Bible tells God raised Jesus from the dead, not that God raised from the dead.

And the Author of Life you killed, whom God raised up from the dead, of which we are witnesses.
Acts. 3:15