boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

'Bout Misunderstandin's and the Folly of Ignorance

Post #1

Post by boatsnguitars »

Title: 'Bout Misunderstandin's and the Folly of Ignorance

Howdy, fellow seekers of truth and wisdom,

I reckon it's 'bout time we had us a good ol' chit-chat 'bout somethin' mighty peculiar. Seems like folks got a knack for usin' fancy notions or half-cooked theories to explain the dang mysteries o' this world. It's like tryin' to patch up one hole with another, a never-endin' game o' hide and seek with the truth. Let's dig in and uncover this here matter in all its twisted glory, findin' more examples 'long the way.

Now, there's this curious notion o' usin' somethin' called Quantum Mechanics to explain consciousness. Mind ya, both them topics are right intriguin' in their own ways. But consciousness, that slippery thing called mind and feelin', dances to a different tune than them tiny bits and bobs in the quantum world. It's like wranglin' a wild stallion with a fishin' net. The mysteries and confoundments o' consciousness shouldn't lead us astray, graspin' at the straw o' Quantum Mechanics. No sir, that only gets us deeper in the muck.

Then we got folks tryin' to use fancy mathematics to explain the supernatural or theistic Creation. Now, I reckon math is a mighty powerful tool, all them numbers and logical shenanigans. It's been a trusty sidekick when unravellin' nature's secrets. But when we stretch it thin to cover the supernatural or that Creation stuff, we find ourselves starin' at empty air. These matters call for more than just fancy equations. They delve into metaphysics, philosophy, and things that go beyond the grasp of numbers. Let's not reduce their richness and depth to mere mathematical tricks.

And here we stumble 'pon them decorated permutations mixin' with consciousness. Now, decorated permutations might tickle the fancy o' them math-loving souls as they ponder on tidy arrangements. But consciousness, my friends, is a curious critter with more twists and turns than a river. It wraps 'round the notion o' experience and self-knowin', slippery as an eel. While them math models can give us a peep inside, let's not be too hasty in stuffin' the whole o' consciousness into some tidy math box.

These here examples ought to serve as a remindin' slap to our senses 'bout the dangers o' poorly defined explanations. When we use the fog in one field to cover up the ignorance in another, we step on mighty shaky ground. It's high time we approach these complex things with a humble heart, recognizin' the limits o' different studies. Instead o' reachin' for easy explanations, let's foster collaborations and have us some honest talkin'. That's the way we'll inch closer to the truth we're all seekin'.

I kindly invite y'all to share your own musin's and tales 'bout this matter. Can y'all rustle up more instances where poorly defined explanations try to tame the wild horses o' complexity? How can we steer clear of the snares o' "arguments from ignorance," aimin' for a broader and more genuine understandin' of this here world? Let's embark on this journey together, embracin' the dance o' them various fields of study.

(Yes, I had ChatGPT rewrite my original post in the voice of Jim from Tom Sawyer)
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Re: 'Bout Misunderstandin's and the Folly of Ignorance

Post #2

Post by boatsnguitars »

The point is, I'm astounded that people try to answer mysteries with ideas that aren't fully formed. Like using Quantum Mechanics or decorated permutations to explain consciousness, or Mathematics as proof for God. Generally, trying to use unknowns to "explain" unknowns.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm