Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Waterfall
Scholar

Who is God...

Post #1

Post by Waterfall »

Namaskaram...

I hope you will find this interesting and worth your time. It is from this book...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toward_the_Light

The book can be downloaded for free here in english (scroll down)...

https://vandrer-mod-lyset.dk/e-boeger/#page-content

If you download the book you can find the following on page 617. For inspiration and debate...
To the dogmatic, the fanatical and to the narrow-minded human beings and those to whom young and undeveloped spirits have been bound, the thought will in all likelihood occur that this book is the work of Antichrist (Satan or his emissary). For the benefit of such people, the following will suggest how they should arrange that which is presented in this book, under the leadership of God and through the influence of the Light, in order to compare this with the ancient Scriptures, inherited traditions and orthodox dogmatism of human origin, all of which came into existence while Ardor was still striving to withhold from humanity as much as possible of the truth and of the Light.

Which is the Mightiest, the Highest God?

He who hitherto has appeared in the human consciousness as the creator of the imperfect human body, of that world of sin and death in which human beings live; who caused one part of his divinity to appear as a human being in order through his blood sacrifice to reconcile the other part of his divine being with the fallen and sinful beings created by his whole self?

He who in His foresight arranged all things so that He could bring His fallen children and their creatures under the regulating influence of the Light, so as to win back His children and make their creatures His own; who in all ways, by every possible means, and along many roads tries to lead the human beings away from Darkness and sin and toward truth and Light?

Which God is the more Just?

He who judges the human spirit after one brief life on Earth; who demands blind obedience and belief without understanding; who demands, through his emissaries, that true faith shall be propagated by the sword; who sanctifies war; who is the supreme war lord to one of the warfaring parties, to the other or to all of them, and who thus contradicts himself; who selects one people as his own in preference to all other peoples?

He who allows human beings a sufficient number of earthly lives to mature their spirit and overcome the power of Darkness; who compels no one to blind obedience and blind faith in human dogmas; who through His emissaries calls constantly to human beings: you shall not kill, nor take by force, nor rob, nor plunder; who turns away in grief from human beings, when they wage deadly wars; who does not select one people, but who says: all human beings are equal before Me, all stand equally close to My Fatherly Heart?

Which is the more Loving, the more Compassionate God?

He who bestows the gift of eternal life upon a small chosen flock; who lets sinful human beings go to their perdition in an everlasting hell, that they may be punished, and that the joy of the blessed in the Kingdom of Heaven may be the greater in comparison with the sufferings of the damned; who demands that human beings must torment and confine themselves in narrow cloisters and hide themselves from life and from the Light; who demands that human beings shall recite prayers at given hours and according to prescribed rules; who must constantly be bribed with blood sacrifice, sweet incense, gold, silver and precious stones before granting any prayer; who demands Baptism, Communion and other Sacraments in order to receive the true believers and to forgive the repentant; and he who chains the Prince of Evil for all eternity in the darkest abyss of Hell?

He who bestows the gift of eternal life upon all who will receive it; who opens His Fatherly Home to all and bids all welcome when they have overcome sin and Darkness, and when their spirit has been purified by the Light; who seeks to open the eyes of human beings to all that is good and beautiful, that the joys of earthly life may help them bear its burdens of Darkness; who at all times has an open ear and a loving heart for the deepfelt yearning and the fervent prayers of repentant human beings; who gives without demanding tribute — or even thanks; who says: that which you have sinned against Me, that I forgive when you repent and when you pray; who has been able to forgive him that has sinned the most and fallen the deepest, and has opposed Him through millions of years?

In this way all that is now given to humanity through this work should be arranged and compared with that which has previously been given, and should there still be human beings who dare maintain that this is the work of Antichrist, then there is but a single answer to such an assertion: also the spiritually deaf and the spiritually blind can through new incarnations come unto the knowledge of truth!
Your friend forever

Waterfall
Love is the salt of life. It takes a moment to understand and eternity to live.

Carsten Ploug Olsen

Waterfall
Scholar

Re: Who is God...

Post #11

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #10]

Namaskaram Clownboat

It is not me who hate the wicked, but JW and his God ;-) To me the wicked is just a brother/sister and someone to love and set free...

Your friend forever

Waterfall

Carsten Ploug Olsen

Clownboat
Savant

Post #12

Post by Clownboat »

Waterfall wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:00 pm [Replying to Clownboat in post #10]

Namaskaram Clownboat

It is not me who hate the wicked, but JW and his God ;-)
The gods have not been show to exist, much less hate, so your claim cannot be believed. Humans exist, hate and have invented god concepts though.
To me the wicked is just a brother/sister and someone to love and set free...
Do you love all wickedness or just some? Why love the wicked and what are you wishing to set them free from? Prison perhaps? Was there some meaning you meant to relay in this post? I fear it is not clear if so.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #13

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #12]

Namaskaram Clownboat

You have not read the book - Toward the Light - and can not say if God has shown up in it or not - right ;-) I think love will set the prisoners free...free to love and not hate and be in a prison...but read the book and let us talk about it when you have done that :heart: For inspiration...

Your friend forever

Waterfall

Carsten Ploug Olsen

Clownboat
Savant

Post #14

Post by Clownboat »

Waterfall wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:15 am You have not read the book - Toward the Light - and can not say if God has shown up in it or not - right
First, you will need to define which god concept you are even talking about. Then explain how this preferred god concepts shows up in books to begin to try to make this request reasonable.
I think love will set the prisoners free...free to love and not hate and be in a prison...
You have a very odd misunderstanding about the prison system.
but read the book and let us talk about it when you have done that

You don't respond to what I type here on a debate forum, yet ask me to read some book for you. :shock:
You ask for much while you give nothing. Why is that?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #15

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #14]

Namaskaram Clownboat

I have read the book and think that God has shown up in it :study: The God concept is being explained in the book ;-) I will not quote the whole book...
PREFACE

THE the work that is hereby entrusted to humanity has come into being by means of intuition and inspiration through a female intermediary, my wife Johanne Elisabeth, née Malling-Hansen.
The book is divided into the following main parts: Ardor's Account , a historical presentation from the earliest times to our day, two ethical-religious speeches, The Speech of Christ and The Speech of God's Servant with related Parables , and a Commentary to Ardor's Account, chapter by chapter - except for chapters 18, 20 and 21. To this has been added a Summary of ethical, religious and philosophical content. The footnotes , unless otherwise indicated, are by the intermediary's spiritual guide, who is also the author of the Commentary and the Summary.
The Biblical names occurring in this work have been conveyed by the authors as they are known to the Danish people.
Further information about the circumstances surrounding the provenance and compilation of this work can be found in the more detailed Postscript , which is by the same author as the Commentary.

The main purpose of this work is to enlighten human beings on their origin, God's relationship to them, and the struggle between Good and Evil, Light and Darkness; and also to impart the true teachings of Christ, freed from the inventions and distortions of the centuries. In this respect it continues and concludes the work of the reformers of the Church.
As for the remainder of the content, reference is made directly to the text itself.
The transcendental world has requested that the following warning be given to all who come into possession of this book:
Those who read these writings should neither judge nor condemn until they have closely considered every thought in this book. Then they should let their conscience be the judge. Once their conscience has spoken, then they can speak and write according to its dictates. But everyone should bear in mind that those who speak against their conscience sin against the divine within themselves, they commit that which the Bible terms "the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost", and of which Christ says (see Ardor's Account 22 ): "But that which you have sinned against the holy within you, that shall you not be forgiven until you have suffered for it and repented of the evil you have done. Yea, I say unto you: beware the Day of Judgment; for then shall your words bear witness against you, then shall your words judge you."

Finally I wish to state that my sole task as publisher of this book has been to present the work as accurately as it was received by the intermediary. (See the preceding statement).

New Year's Eve, 1919
The Publisher

Since the authors of "Toward the Light" and its supplementary writings belong to a spiritual world, a world infinitely higher than ours, a human being was needed to represent them on Earth. They therefore addressed themselves to my husband and asked him to undertake this work, and he readily accepted. Although my husband passed away several years ago, in this third (Danish) edition, and in all subsequent editions, the name of the publisher will be his, whether I or anybody else will be performing the actual task of publishing the book.

May, 1939.
Johanne Agerskov,
née Malling - Hansen.
Let us jump to question 10 and the commentary and see if you understand any of it and can talk with me about it...
Was the Birth of Jesus Supernatural?
Was he Conceived by the Holy Ghost?

The earthly body of Jesus was conceived and born of the desire and will of man and woman.
And the eldest of the Youngest was bound unto this body, bound with the life-giving cord of the Light; for thus are all spirits of Light bound unto earthly bodies by the Will of God.
But God Himself guided and protected him in his arduous journeyings through life upon the Earth.
The commentary...
X
About eighteen centuries before the eldest of the Youngest was incarnated as Jesus of Nazareth, he was embodied as a human being for the fourth time as a priest in northern India.

In this human embodiment he became the true founder of Brahmanism, although not in the form that is known today.
Only a fraction of his original teaching has survived in the old myths and songs. A few highly distorted remnants of his ethical tenets can still be found in the scripture called „The Code of Manu“.

Jesus was born in Nazareth — at the home of his parents — and not, as tradition has it, in Bethlehem. The year of his birth has been established about five years later than the actual event. Since the 24th December has come to be honoured as the birthday of Jesus, the eldest of the Youngest does not wish this date to be changed. The correct date of his birth will therefore not be disclosed.

The accounts of the three wise men and the flight into Egypt are legend. Neither in a dream nor as a vision was the birth of Jesus announced to Mary or to Joseph. Everything on this subject is legend. None of God’s Servants (see the legend of Gabriel) has ever appeared before human beings, since no human being would be able to perceive these radiant beings of the Light, neither with the eye of the human body nor with the spirit’s eye.
However, God’s Servants have often spoken to human beings as an intensified voice of conscience, when the thoughts of the Youngest were unable to penetrate the Darkness.

The Angels mentioned in the ancient Scriptures have mostly been the Youngest, who with God’s permission and for some specific reason have appeared before human beings. But not all these accounts and legends are in accordance with the truth. In several cases what has been handed down is no more than fiction — figments of the human imagination.
Also the Eldest have appeared before human beings with the purpose of gaining greater credence or gaining greater power over them.
No human being has seen God, and no human being, incarnated or disincarnated, will ever be able to see Him until the journey to His Kingdom has been completed.

In the incarnations through which the eldest of the Youngest lived, God was his personal guardian spirit and guide (conscience) ᴐ: in constant thought-connection with the son. No one else has ever had God as guardian spirit from the moment they were born to life on Earth. But because of their unshakeable trust in God many of the incarnated Youngest have placed themselves under His guidance and protection and thereby rendered the guardian spirit superfluous, since God always takes into His care anyone who trusts Him implicitly. Only very few human spirits have ever become one with God’s Thought and Will during their life on Earth, and thus made Him their guardian spirit. But God watches over everyone and follows their earthly lives, just as through His Thought He often intervenes if the guardian spirits or His Servants fail in their attempts to guide human beings. However, God does this in such a way that He never applies any pressure on human free will.
Your friend forever

Waterfall

Carsten Ploug Olsen