Christians: why do you think Jews don’t accept the Christian Testament?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

Christians: why do you think Jews don’t accept the Christian Testament?

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Why do you think Jews reject the teachings of the church?

If you could pick one passage to convince them to believe Jesus is their anointed one (messiah) what would it be?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Christians: why do you think Jews don’t accept the Christian Testament?

Post #91

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:50 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:45 pm
Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:18 pm What does Jesus saying he is God's son mean to you? Explain 'like I am 5' ...
WHAT DOES IT MEAN THAT JESUS IS GOD'S SON?

Jesus is God's son means that God made Jesus. Jesus (also called "The Word" ) didnt exist anywhere. Then YHWH (Almighty God ) made him exist. God made other sons, we call them angels, but Jesus was the first and the most important being God created.
So how can a created thing pay for the sins committed against a Holy God?
Because God said that we must exercise faith in Jesus to be saved. God said it, so we believe it. It doesn't matter if our Savior is a created being. And by the way, Jesus is holy also. There was no blemish found in him.

Wootah
Savant

Post #92

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:56 pm
Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:50 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:45 pm
Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:18 pm What does Jesus saying he is God's son mean to you? Explain 'like I am 5' ...
WHAT DOES IT MEAN THAT JESUS IS GOD'S SON?

Jesus is God's son means that God made Jesus. Jesus (also called "The Word" ) didnt exist anywhere. Then YHWH (Almighty God ) made him exist. God made other sons, we call them angels, but Jesus was the first and the most important being God created.
So how can a created thing pay for the sins committed against a Holy God?
Because God said that we must exercise faith in Jesus to be saved. God said it, so we believe it. It doesn't matter if our Savior is a created being. And by the way, Jesus is holy also. There was no blemish found in him.
The Bible says true things but it is also logical. I am not sure your view is logical.

For instance if God can solve the problem of sin against him with a lesser not God thing then He certainly could have accepted a lot less. Ie : nothing.

For example. If someone owes you 10000 dollars by law you expect 10000 dollars. Getting $1 is unjustifiable.

Given that the difference in value between God and Jesus is basically infinite. In your logic God accepted a $1 for sins against an infinite God.

In your situation, He certainly didn't need have Jesus tortured and killed Jesus to pay for sin.

The Bible is true and the words also have to make logical sense.

Your view fails the second part.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Post #93

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:54 pm
Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:47 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:34 pm
Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:18 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #78]

I am God's son. But I don't think Jesus and I mean the same thing.

What does Jesus saying he is God's son mean to you? Explain 'like I am 5' and not commit blasphemy by making not God equal to God.
Are you suggesting saying Jesus is not equal to God ... "blasphemy"?

You have a book called the OT that makes the shema clear and you read it and how much israel suffered for not having one God but many. For putting other not God things above God.

Right?

Then you read the new testament and it has, for you, a not God creature called Jesus saying outrageous things like, 'I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the Father but through me.'

If you follow/accept Jesus as not God then that is worse blasphemy than the idolatry of the OT.

Make your position make sense.
Your position is way out in left field. Why does "I am the way, the truth and the life" have to mean that Jesus is God? No. Jesus is that because God (Jehovah) said so. Jesus is the means by which Jehovah saves the world. Jesus doesn't have to be God Himself to save us.
Read the OT. God saves time and time again by acting personally. Winning and losing are almost totally dependent on God. Think of Exodus. God saved and led his people. His people have nothing to boast of.

Read the NT. According to you, it's 26 books about God creating not God and not God saving. Your reading is opposite to that of the God in the OT.

Yes Jesus has to be God to save because that is the story of the OT and the NT completes and fulfills it.

Think of the fall of Adam and Eve. God walking in the Garden. We are with God in body. Then we fall and are separate but slowly God's plan to walk with us again starts unfolding. In Exodus God is willing to dwell in a tent. It's certainly a reveal to see God in the flesh but God comes as a man to do what we cannot.

Again. I am glad you can see that view is left field to you and you can understand it. But remember also the prophets of old came from left field, the wilderness, and Israel did not listen because they thought they were right.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."