Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Counting generations in one's family tree

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

Thinking about the genetic inheritance from my earliest ancestors to me ... it occurs to me that if my family had recorded ancestors with the same care that Jews and other ancients did from the beginning of humanity, I might find many interesting details about who they were and where my relatively distant ancestors lived, before I was born on an island in the Cuban archipelago.

I could calculate with some degree of accuracy and objectivity how many generations I would have to go back in my family tree until I reached the creation of the first human couple. As far as I know no known human civilization (for all that that word entails in the sense of human development) has been dated with certainty before the year of the Biblical creation of Adam and Eve, around 4025 BC.

Evolutionist friend, tell me: what would be the number of generations that you would have to go back in your family tree, until your ancestor is no longer an intelligent human being but a simple ape that can be considered as a common animal?

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Re: Counting generations in one's family tree

Post #41

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to Eloi in post #39]
This is a debate forum, not a conference room.
Yet you have failed to debate even a single point, or support any of your claims with anything but bible verses. Meanwhile I, and others, have supplied many external references to support our claims that you simply ignore and instead just repeat the same anti-science statements over and over. There is no debating from your side, or even an attempt to do so. You'll get challenges here to your claims that are based purely on religious beliefs, not science. If you don't want rebuttals (this is a debate forum after all) from the science perspective or don't want to debate the science ... you should find another forum section to post your evolution-bashing comments in.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #42

Post by Eloi »

DrNoGods wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:12 pm [Replying to Eloi in post #39]
This is a debate forum, not a conference room.
Yet you have failed to debate even a single point, or support any of your claims with anything but bible verses. Meanwhile I, and others, have supplied many external references to support our claims that you simply ignore and instead just repeat the same anti-science statements over and over. There is no debating from your side, or even an attempt to do so. You'll get challenges here to your claims that are based purely on religious beliefs, not science. If you don't want rebuttals (this is a debate forum after all) from the science perspective or don't want to debate the science ... you should find another forum section to post your evolution-bashing comments in.
I don't need your approval, as much as you are not the one to tell me how things work. You need to work out your modesty 8-)

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #43

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to Eloi in post #40]
What idiocy!
Why was it idiocy? Argue against her comments and why they are idiotic. Just making statements like this with no argument to support them isn't debating ... it is just more offering of personal opinion and useless. Tell us all why her argument is idiotic ... if you can.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #44

Post by Eloi »

Just sharing again ...
Eloi wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:39 pm Has any evolutionist meditated on what was the mechanism by which species inherited the instinct that makes them repeat behaviors of all kinds automatically?

Let us mention a well-known example: animal migrations. There are birds, butterflies, fish, etc., that repeat very long migrations year after year, and sometimes even die in a distant place, like monarch butterflies, and their descendants that never experienced the journey, return to the same beginning where the cycle begins. Who started the endless cycles of migratory animals? How and when did these endless cycles begin and how did the inheritance mechanism of these cycles from parents to descendants begin? :?:

God made it. :study:
Forumers need to learn how to trash personal attacks, and focus on the relevant reasonings about the topic that other posters share.

otseng
Savant

Post #45

Post by otseng »

Eloi wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:09 pm What idiocy! :D
That's the kind of lectures that fans of evolutionists are used to.
:warning: Moderator Warning

Incivility is not allowed on the forum.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

brunumb
Savant

Post #46

Post by brunumb »

Eloi wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:39 pm Has any evolutionist meditated on what was the mechanism by which species inherited the instinct that makes them repeat behaviors of all kinds automatically?
The important thing is that those migratory species do have the instinct. You are just claiming that it is impossible for it to have evolved over time and therefore ...
God made it. :study:
OK, now all that is left for you to do is prove it, or at least provide some sort of mechanism by which God imbued them with their instincts rather than evolution.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #47

Post by The Nice Centurion »

Eloi wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:43 pm Thinking about the genetic inheritance from my earliest ancestors to me ... it occurs to me that if my family had recorded ancestors with the same care that Jews and other ancients did from the beginning of humanity, I might find many interesting details about who they were and where my relatively distant ancestors lived, before I was born on an island in the Cuban archipelago.

I could calculate with some degree of accuracy and objectivity how many generations I would have to go back in my family tree until I reached the creation of the first human couple. As far as I know no known human civilization (for all that that word entails in the sense of human development) has been dated with certainty before the year of the Biblical creation of Adam and Eve, around 4025 BC.

Evolutionist friend, tell me: what would be the number of generations that you would have to go back in your family tree, until your ancestor is no longer an intelligent human being but a simple ape that can be considered as a common animal?
That would be a time and place tens of thousands of years back where an ancestor who is also Hollywood Film Producer produces a movie series " Planet of the Humans " - That woud be proof that he is an ape !
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"