Jesus is God - seven eyes

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Jesus is God - seven eyes

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Zechariah 4:8 Then the word of the Lord came to me: 9 “The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this temple; his hands will also complete it. Then you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you.

10 “Who dares despise the day of small things, since the seven eyes of the Lord that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the chosen capstone[a] in the hand of Zerubbabel?”
Revelation 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits[a] of God sent out into all the earth.
In Zechariah: YHWH has seven eyes that range throughout the earth.

In Revelation: Jesus has seven eyes that are the Spirits that go out to the earth.

Clearly, Jesus and YHWH are the same person.

Does the obvious evidence of these two scriptures prove Jesus is YHWH?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - seven eyes

Post #11

Post by Wootah »

William wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:06 pm I don't know what the fuss is all about really.

If two Christians practiced Love/Forgiveness can they been seen to be "of one Spirit" while also be seen to be two distinct personalities?

I think so.

So why is it so hard to comprehend that Jesus can be seen as "of the same spirit" as God while at the same time see them as two distinct personalities?

If Jesus isn't God then how can Jesus pay for sins against God?

But what do you think on this topic. Two references to a being with seven eyes which is the Spirit travelling around the land.

False equivalence or are we meant to see the same person?

It seems to me that a person can't innocently pretend Jesus is not YHWH after seeing the connection.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

William
Savant

Post #12

Post by William »

[Replying to Wootah in post #11]

There is an idea circulating from those days that Jesus wasn't representing the God of the old testament, so with all the different ideas floating around re this subject, I am of the opinion "keep it simple" and evaluate personalities by their overall expression re Love and Forgiveness to ascertain if they are appropriate ambassadors to "The Father" Jesus is said to have spoken of - and leave the arguing to those who are doing that, without assuming support for any side. (I am agnostic re said arguments.)

It is enough for me that I comprehend that Jesus can be seen as "of the same spirit" as God while at the same time see them as two distinct personalities, and it doesn't matter to me if Jesus was representing the OT God or some other one.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #13

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:43 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #4]

Yes perfect agreement.

Can any being in perfect agreement with God? No. That would make them God. Oh .... so Jesus is God? Yes. Welcome to Christianity.

No one is claiming Jesus is the Father.
There is one here who is claiming that Jesus is YHWH (the Father).

No one said that anyone is in perfect agreement with God. Maybe Jesus' agreement was perfect, we don't know exactly. Anyway, to be in agreement with God does not make them God. That is ridiculous. Read once again John 17:20-23 and see how the disciples could also be in agreement with God and Christ.