Donald Trump is Officially a Sexual Abuser

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Diogenes
Guru

Donald Trump is Officially a Sexual Abuser

Post #1

Post by Diogenes »

Finally, Trump is officially a sexual abuser must pay nearly $5 Million for his sexual attack and then lying about it and defaming E. Jean Carroll.
The jury was unanimous in its verdict.

NEW YORK, May 9 (Reuters) - Donald Trump sexually abused magazine writer E. Jean Carroll in the 1990s and then defamed her by branding her a liar, jurors decided on Tuesday, dealing the former U.S. president a legal setback as he campaigns to retake office in 2024.
https://www.reuters.com/legal/jurors-se ... 023-05-09/

But of course this will not deter millions of Republican 'Christian' evangelicals from supporting and voting for him... and sending him money. :(

Clownboat
Savant

Re: Donald Trump is Officially a Sexual Abuser

Post #61

Post by Clownboat »

boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:54 am Dang, you used flattery! I must admit it worked.

Fair enough, to a degree - if your point is that people like Trump. I get that, but I still believe he is a horrible human being and his supporters are woefully misguided if they think he's out to help them. He won't even be able to hurt their enemies because we have a better legal system then that.

He was horribly ineffective as a President. He had no clue how to govern. He had no interest in it, or in find pathways to do good things for America. He was given 2 SCJs because of Mitch then turned on him. He signed a tax cut that he didn't understand except that it would help himself. He didn't build the wall (or get Mexico to pay for it), didn't solve the MidEast problem, didn't solve Healthcare, he didn't do anything except foment hatred.
The economy had nothing to do with him, and he literally killed his supporters by holding rallies and telling them to not be safe during COVID.
What's more, is you can simply listen to him. He's a jackass. He's also a convicted sexual abuser.

The only reason he is popular is because there are horrible people like him, and he is their champion. He is crushing the competition, even leading his ex-VP who he wouldn't have cared if he was hung. Pence is a well-known Christian, Trump can't name a Bible verse but Evangelicals prefer Trump. It's sick.

And to think, this is the best the GOP can offer... It speaks volumes.
I agree with the bold... for both parties.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #62

Post by Clownboat »

Diogenes wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:04 pm Drumpf is a (finally) multi indicted criminal, whose traitorously cavalier attitude toward sharing deepest State secrets is now fully out in the open. He poses the greatest threat to the U.S. since the Civil War. The mystery (and national disgrace) is that he has a following of even 2% of American adults, let alone 40%. He's managed to discredit all credible news sources. He has no true loyalty to anyone but himself and it is apparent he hates himself as well since he compulsively and constantly brags and projects his own worst characteristics onto others.
I'm glad you were able to get that off of your chest.
I believe that addresses every single debate point you made.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Diogenes
Guru

Post #63

Post by Diogenes »

Clownboat wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:17 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:54 am ....
The only reason he is popular is because there are horrible people like him, and he is their champion. He is crushing the competition, even leading his ex-VP who he wouldn't have cared if he was hung. Pence is a well-known Christian, Trump can't name a Bible verse but Evangelicals prefer Trump. It's sick.

I was an Eisenhower and even Nixon Republican. The Grand Old Party started to go downhill with Reagan and it has gotten progressively worse. I thought 'W' Bush was awful and awfully stupid, but with Drumpf they've taken a quantum leap into the cesspool.

... and now we've got Tim Scott. He may be the best they've got, so he's out. Today he made the typical complaints, blaming Biden for the Palestinian retaliation against Israel. Even the mainstream media, CNN and MSNBC are falling all over themselves talking about the poor Jews killed while missing the real cause of their attack: Criminally Right Wing policies of NetanYahoo.

Steal land in 1948, more in 1967, then more every day in the West Bank, put a right wing criminal in charge of the 'Ministry of Justice,' and... BIG SURPRISE! You get another war.
"If I go the to write indictment number one, it would go to Israel's Justice Minister YARIV LEVIN. He is the man who drove this insane, corrupt, dishonest effort to basically take over the power of the Supreme Court. With Netanyahu's help, he fractured Israel. He fractured Israeli society. With Netanyahu's help, he fractured Israel. He fractured Israeli society. He fractured the Israeli ministry, the military. He fractured the Israeli air force...."
__ Tom Friedman
https://www.rawstory.com/tom-friedman-i ... RJdsYm4Ilw

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #64

Post by boatsnguitars »

Diogenes wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:08 pm
Clownboat wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:17 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:54 am ....

I was an Eisenhower and even Nixon Republican. The Grand Old Party started to go downhill with Reagan and it has gotten progressively worse. I thought 'W' Bush was awful and awfully stupid, but with Drumpf they've taken a quantum leap into the cesspool.

... and now we've got Tim Scott. He may be the best they've got, so he's out. Today he made the typical complaints, blaming Biden for the Palestinian retaliation against Israel. Even the mainstream media, CNN and MSNBC are falling all over themselves talking about the poor Jews killed while missing the real cause of their attack: Criminally Right Wing policies of NetanYahoo.

Steal land in 1948, more in 1967, then more every day in the West Bank, put a right wing criminal in charge of the 'Ministry of Justice,' and... BIG SURPRISE! You get another war.
"If I go the to write indictment number one, it would go to Israel's Justice Minister YARIV LEVIN. He is the man who drove this insane, corrupt, dishonest effort to basically take over the power of the Supreme Court. With Netanyahu's help, he fractured Israel. He fractured Israeli society. With Netanyahu's help, he fractured Israel. He fractured Israeli society. He fractured the Israeli ministry, the military. He fractured the Israeli air force...."
__ Tom Friedman
https://www.rawstory.com/tom-friedman-i ... RJdsYm4Ilw

I'm no fan of Reagan - as I see it, that was the beginning of the end of a reasonable GOP. But, I'd take Reagan over almost any GOP candidate in since him. I can't understand the grip they have on the American psyche. It seems to be simply fearmongering of 'the other' at this point. (Thinking a bit more, I see Rush Limbaugh as an inflection point, too. Clearly Newt added to it.)

There is no doubt each party has it's challenges, but I'd take the Democratic Party over the GOP any day, since they can - at least - govern. The GOP is incapable of governing - and, IMO, why should they be expected to? They've demonized the Government, so it's in their interest to "prove" to everyone that it doesn't work - by making a complete mess of things.

This, to me, is the fundamental, intractable problem facing our country. When Dems say they want the Gov to be better, more efficient, the GOP takes the opposite position: "Gov = bad! Boo!" Then, they squabble over unobtainable goals and make it seem the Gov can't get out of it's own way. Then they claim the Private sector is the only way to get things done - by subsidizing it, and giving it sweetheart deals. Or, worse, like in Education - they cut all funding to Public School, then provide intermittent funding for Private Schools - which means neither is funded properly. Meanwhile, the really wealthy can afford whatever they want - and restrict any marginalized group from entering. The GOP has somehow convinced people this is the best system - even poor people - which, to be clear, is not in their best interest (nor their childrens). Yet, Trumpers eat up whatever crap-burger they tell them is Grade-A beef.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #65

Post by Purple Knight »

boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:42 am There is no doubt each party has it's challenges, but I'd take the Democratic Party over the GOP any day, since they can - at least - govern. The GOP is incapable of governing - and, IMO, why should they be expected to? They've demonized the Government, so it's in their interest to "prove" to everyone that it doesn't work - by making a complete mess of things.
It's in both parties interest to make the biggest messes they can, if they have a chance of blaming it on the other side. This is why axes to chop off feet and legs aren't allowed in a footrace: Because they work better than just trying to run faster. Inherently. This is a problem with competition. It's worse in politics because there are no easy bandaids like "no axes" because the system inherently attracts the cleverest people who will give themselves the best spin. If you think somebody chopped a leg, it's because the cleverest politician made you think that. If you were cleverer than him, you'd be where he was and you'd be the one fooling him.