Jesus is God - who searches minds and hearts

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

10 I am the Lord who searches the heart,
who tests the inner depths
to give to each person
according to what he deserves,[e]

From <https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=ISV>

23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am the one who searches minds and hearts. I will reward each of you as your actions deserve.

From <https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=ISV>
YHWH searches minds and hearts to reward.
Jesus searches minds and hearts to reward.
Jesus is YHWH

Is this proof Jesus is YHWH?

This argument was taken from this youtube video:
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - who searches minds and hearts

Post #11

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:57 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:58 am
Wootah wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:14 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #4]

Well it's a cumulative case. Search for Jesus is God in the forums for more examples. What didn't God give Jesus that would define Jesus as separate to God?
Jehovah didn't give Jesus superiority to Himself, nor did He make Jesus equal to Himself, nor did He give Jesus all the knowledge that He Himself has ("Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son." The Father is always in a higher position than the Son, when Jesus was on Earth and also when he went back to heaven. (See Revelation 3:12 and I Corinthians 11:3.)

Revelation 3:12, KJV: Jesus said to John after returning to heaven: "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall no more go out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God and I will write upon him my new name."

I Corinthians 11:3, KJV: Paul wrote this after Jesus had returned to heaven: "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is the Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."

There is no way anyone can twist these verses to mean something else. Jesus is always in subjection to the Father (who is God).
One thing you need to understand is that relational status does not help you.

For instance the president of the united states is relationally more powerful than you. But you are both equal as human beings. Unless you are saying you are not human or not like the president of the united states.

This is a logical defeater for your argument but will you drink that cup?
I stand by what I said. Jesus said that the Father was greater than himself (John 14:28) and that means the Father holds all the cards, He has all the power (though allowing the Son to have a measure of it) and the authority. The Son didn't exist in the beginning of Creation, and Jehovah created him. How can they be equal? You say they are equal even though the Son didn't know the day or hour of the Great Tribulation? (Matthew 24:36) How do you figure that? Also, Jesus called the Father "my God." (Revelation 3:12) If "God" means all three individuals of the Trinity doctrine, why would Jesus call the Father "my God" when there are supposed to be three in the equation? Relationships do mean something, and the relationship of Jehovah to Jesus is that Jehovah is God and Jesus is the Son OF God.

(And in this world, I am NOT equal to the President of the US.)