Jehovah's Witnesses Bible

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Ross
Scholar

Jehovah's Witnesses Bible

Post #1

Post by Ross »

Much debate has taken place over the change the Jehovah's Witnesses made to John 1:1 rendering GOD as 'a god'. Virtually all references made to the Divinity of Jesus Christ in the NWT of the Greek Scriptures included adjustments to the literal rendering of the Koine' Greek to English, with the notable exception of John 20:28.

This translation of the Greek Scriptures was performed in secret by a Translation Committee led by the President and Vice President without the knowledge of the Governing Body who had no option but to accept this once it was revealed, as back then the Governing Body had little power.

After this they produced the Hebrew Scriptures, and It didn't take long for them to carry out similar unfaithful translation.

Almost every Bible ever written translates the second part of Genesis 1:2 as it appears to us in the Hebrew Masoretic Text:

"And The Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters"

Jehovah's Witnesses assert that the Spirit of God, The Holy Spirit, is a none intelligent, none personal form of Gods power, likened in their literature to electricity that makes things work or happen.

Their official description and interpretation of the Holy Spirit is 'Gods active force'.

Genesis 1:2 reads in the New World Translation:

" and God’s active force was moving about over the surface of the waters."

Is this not the most blatant insertion of pre conceived doctrine into scripture you have ever seen?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Bible

Post #121

Post by onewithhim »

Ross wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:56 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:43 am
From what I can tell, the only way for Ross to make his case is to convince us of his doctrine. If he can convince us of his doctrine then we can be convinced to use eisegesis to see Mt. 28:19 the way he interprets it. However, its not working because we reject his doctrine and the use of eisegesis to explain Mt 28:19. He can't support his claim without someone agreeing to his doctrine first. That is why all the questions and attempts to get us to engage. His support depends not on references or the Bible, but on us changing our minds about his doctrine.
Anyone with even half a brain can see that I did not make a claim, but instead, posed a question that caused you to fall into a trap, and subsequently admit the true meaning of 'name' with regard to Almighty God.

Matthew 28:19 clearly demonstrates by your testimony that this principle applies to The Father, The Son, and also to The Holy Spirit.

There is no defence presented because you have none; only a 'straw man' ( a diversion from the topic under discussion.) Shame on your religion and it's tactics.
What good is it to reply to you when you don't take what we say into account? You obviously passed right over post #98 wherein I explained why someone's name is important, and it IS to everyone, including God Almighty. Defenses have been made, but you choose to ignore them. And you are frustrated for some reason---can't get anyone to side with your thinking? That's when a poster will start attacking someone and/or their religion.

Ross
Scholar

Post #122

Post by Ross »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:55 am
From what I can tell, the only way for Ross to make his case is to convince us of his doctrine. If he can convince us of his doctrine then we can be convinced to use eisegesis to see Mt. 28:19 the way he interprets it. However, its not working because we reject his doctrine and the use of eisegesis to explain Mt 28:19. He can't support his claim without someone agreeing to his doctrine first. That is why all the questions and attempts to get us to engage. His support depends not on references or the Bible, but on us changing our minds about his doctrine.
Anyone with even half a brain can see that I did not make a claim, but instead, posed a question that caused you to fall into a trap, and subsequently admit the true meaning of 'name' with regard to Almighty God.

Matthew 28:19 clearly demonstrates by your testimony that this principle applies to The Father, The Son, and also to The Holy Spirit.

There is no defence presented because you have none; only a 'straw man' ( a diversion from the topic under discussion.) Shame on your religion and it's tactics.
What good is it to reply to you when you don't take what we say into account? You obviously passed right over post #98 wherein I explained why someone's name is important, and it IS to everyone, including God Almighty. Defenses have been made, but you choose to ignore them. And you are frustrated for some reason---can't get anyone to side with your thinking? That's when a poster will start attacking someone and/or their religion.
Your reply is comical

onewithhim
Savant

Post #123

Post by onewithhim »

Ross wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:03 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:55 am

Your reply is comical
Let's laugh together :D

otseng
Savant

Post #124

Post by otseng »

Ross wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:31 pm Oh you poor badly treated Jehovah's Witnesses. All martyred and persecuted, so unfair!

Aloof. Defensive. Evasive. Blocking others posts. But you expect special treatment.
Ross wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:56 pm Anyone with even half a brain can see that I did not make a claim, but instead, posed a question that caused you to fall into a trap

Shame on your religion and it's tactics.
Ross wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:03 pm Your reply is comical
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

These posts are in violation of the rules of civility.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Ross
Scholar

Post #125

Post by Ross »

My apologies to anyone who may have been offended. I did not realise this forum was quite so sensitive.