Jesus is God - John 20:17

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Jesus is God - John 20:17

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Jeremiah 32:26 Then this message from the Lord came to Jeremiah: 27 “Look, I am the Lord, the God who rules over all flesh. Is anything too difficult for me?”
John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
John 20:17 Jesus told her, “Don’t hold on to me, because I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I’m ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
John 1:14 Jesus came from the Father and was the Father's son from the beginning.
Jeremiah 32:26 God rules over all flesh. So Jesus in his flesh body worshipped God.
John 1:12 All those who receive Jesus become adopted sons of God.
John 20:17 Because of Jesus dying and rising now the Father is also Mary's Father (since she believes and is adopted in).

Why didn't Jesus say 'I'm ascending to our father' instead of the more complicated 'my Father and your Father'?

This is because Jesus is the Father's son in a unique sense. As flesh creatures God is our God (Jeremiah) and so when Jesus took on our flesh nature to rescue us the Father was Jesus God. now Jesus is returning to the Father in Heaven to co-rule again.

The Father always was Jesus Father but now the Father can be ours.

Does this resolve issues with John 20:17 and explain how Jesus is God and also as a flesh creature worshipped the Father?

Watch the video here:
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - John 20:17

Post #11

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:39 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:50 am
Wootah wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:52 pm
As flesh creatures God is our God (Jeremiah) and so when Jesus took on our flesh nature to rescue us the Father was Jesus God. now Jesus is returning to the Father in Heaven to co-rule again.
So you're claiming that the perfect God the Father changes. That is, God was originally God. But during the lifetime of Jesus, God was "Jesus God."

The Bible defines only two type of living bodies -- natural and spiritual.

Jesus was a natural bodied being.

God is a spiritual bodied being.

What type of body does your "Jesus God" have?

<=============================>

Are you simply giving Jesus the last name of "God" as God was "His Father"? :confused2:
I am claiming the Word became flesh.

What and Who do you think the Word is?
The Word was Jesus Christ. The Bible says that he came down from heaven (where he had a spirit body) and became a perfect human being here on Earth. Then he returned to heaven where he took on, once again, a spirit body. He called Jehovah, the Father, his God while on Earth AND after he went back to heaven. (John 20:17; Mark 15:34; Revelation 3:12)

Jesus said, from heaven: "The one that conquers---I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God...and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which descends out of heaven from my God, and that new name of mine." (Revelation 3:12) So the Father has been Jesus' God while he has been in heaven AND on Earth.

Jesus' own words. Do we honor them? He was very clear when he said at John 17:3 to his Father: "This is eternal life, that they may know YOU, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." If Jesus was God, wouldn't he have said "that they may know US, the only true God"? Of course he would have.