Welcome!

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

His Name Is John
Site Supporter

Welcome!

Post #1

Post by His Name Is John »

It seems to me, that new members rarely post a introduction thread anymore. As such I am making this thread as a way that new members can say hi, and get to know a couple of people on the forums.

So to all the new members:

First of all, hello! :wave:

Second, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?
“People generally quarrel because they cannot argue.�
- G.K. Chesterton

“A detective story generally describes six living men discussing how it is that a man is dead. A modern philosophic story generally describes six dead men discussing how any man can possibly be alive.�
- G.K. Chesterton

LeafOfTheNorth

Re: Welcome!

Post #491

Post by LeafOfTheNorth »

Hello everyone! I'm a fairly young guy with a particular interest in Christianity, to the point that I believe in it. I'm decently well-read on history, though I'm no expert. I thought it'd be interesting to join in on discussions with people I might strongly disagree with, whether they be non-Christians or other Christians.

Clownboat
Savant

Re: Welcome!

Post #492

Post by Clownboat »

LeafOfTheNorth wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:27 pm Hello everyone! I'm a fairly young guy with a particular interest in Christianity, to the point that I believe in it. I'm decently well-read on history, though I'm no expert. I thought it'd be interesting to join in on discussions with people I might strongly disagree with, whether they be non-Christians or other Christians.
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing some new points of view!
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb