old western TV series like:
Gun Smoke
Wanted Dead Or Alive

Comedies series like:
Seinfeld (TV Series 1989–1998)
Friends 1994–2004

& Out Of the many other TV shows not shown here
I found ONE THING IN & COMMON

At the end of all of them they left a good moral image behind and a feeling of honesty. It is there to rub off on you.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. if you see the moral values before your eyes and hear the words----

There is good all around you, just watch out for the MEPA-REPUBLICONS

They’VE GOT A BITE.

Or so it seems to me, I see the light; do you see it too-?
8-)

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: morality

Post #2

Post by Purple Knight »

justlearning wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:25 pm Or so it seems to me, I see the light; do you see it too-?
Yes. In all this old media there is one common morality that has common features. For example:

1. You may not initiate hurting someone but you are justified if you do it in return, as long as it is not violent (even if their harm to you was violent).

2. Respect the law even if you have minor disagreements.

YET...!

3. Only one version of morality is correct. Something that goes against that is wrong. This includes the law. Vigilantism is ultimately okay if the law has been given ample opportunity and will not or cannot punish genuine evildoers.

The weird thing is that modern morality has the exact opposite contradiction. Instead of the expectation that we will respect authority while admitting it can be wrong, modern morality expects us to flout authority but insists that we may never personally punish a wrongdoer, no matter what.