What about Satan?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

juliod
Guru

What about Satan?

Post #1

Post by juliod »

Often, in these forums, we are debating whether or not prayer "works". This usually takes the form of the christians explaining away the fact that we can never seem to detect the influence of prayer. It's always "God doesn't do tests" or "God does what's best for you, not necessarily what you ask for" or "Sometimes god says no".

So let's try the opposition. Will Satan answer a prayer in an unambiguous fashion? If not, why not? Does Satan have any power in the world today? Does he have a will independant of YHWH?

We often hear from christians about Satan or demons influencing people, or people working for them. So it should be possible to interact with them in some way.

Is it possible to summon a demon? Can a person converse with Satan?

How about if I ask Satan to cause me to sin? For example, I do not drink alcohol. If I pray to Satan to make me an alcoholic, will he? If not, why not?

DanZ

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Re: what about Satan

Post #41

Post by boatsnguitars »

unprofitable servant wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:06 pm Please DON'T TRY IT!!! IT'S NOT WORTH THE PAIN!!
Wow, that Church has really got you wrapped up in it's fear mongering!

I've tried it. Demons don't exist, or God.

I'd appeal to you: You have one life, why not live in Reality, and not some wacky religion some ancient guys invented?
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm