Should Christians destroy Satanic displays?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Should Christians destroy Satanic displays?

Post #1

Post by boatsnguitars »

Why can't people worship Satan in America? Why does this guy think he needs to police people's religious choices?

It sounds like he's a bigot. Is he opening up the idea that we should destroy everything that offends us?
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

oldbadger
Guru

Re: Should Christians destroy Satanic displays?

Post #31

Post by oldbadger »

boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:06 am
What gives you the impression he believes there is anyone greater than himself?
Robert Reich has Trump as a total fascist. Some kind of megalomaniac as well.
Believe me, I'd love to find out he's a Theist. One more thing to find wrong about Theism, however, I don't see anything that indicates he even knows that Theism is.
If he wins the next presidential election then you'll find out, because he won't need the Christian voters quite so much after that. ........ what do you think?

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #32

Post by Purple Knight »

Satanism is antagonistic. It's taking a bad guy character from someone else's canon and casting him as something other than what that canon defines him as. I'm not even saying it doesn't make sense. It actually does, considering the canon.

But imagine if I created a religion using people that already existed. Imagine I cast Mohammed as a villain.

I'm not defending anyone destroying or damaging property, but if you want to know why Satanism is taking the brunt of it, that's why. Satanists steal characters from the Christian canon and cast the good guy as the bad. People who actually worship that good guy have every reason to be offended.

Now this will never happen, because nowadays the world thinks that if you're in the majority, the law need not protect you, but if Christians made the case that the Satanist religion offended them, and said, any Satanist displays should be taken down, I would support them. Don't punish the Satanists for having them. Just warn them and then take them down.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by boatsnguitars »

oldbadger wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:30 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:06 am
What gives you the impression he believes there is anyone greater than himself?
Robert Reich has Trump as a total fascist. Some kind of megalomaniac as well.
Believe me, I'd love to find out he's a Theist. One more thing to find wrong about Theism, however, I don't see anything that indicates he even knows that Theism is.
If he wins the next presidential election then you'll find out, because he won't need the Christian voters quite so much after that. ........ what do you think?
Too scary to ponder!
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Clownboat
Savant

Post #34

Post by Clownboat »

Muckman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:56 pm [Replying to boatsnguitars in post #21]
Sorry big guy but you'll never convince many of us that Trump was or is an Atheist.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca the Younger is thought to have said this.

Commoner: The god concept of our geographic region is true!
Wise man: Nah, it's just another available god concept. You haven't traveled much have you?
Ruler: You mean I can get these people to go to war with our neighbors if I can convince them that their god concept wants it done? I can even ignore that I really want their females, food, gold and land? How useful! Now get me the Shaman, I have claims to make about our neighbors!

Are you able to be convinced that Trump is smart enough to realize this? If so, him being an atheist, but claiming to be a Christian would be a useful thing for the said man to say.

The ruler named Moses surely found this concept as useful if we are to believe the Bible:
Numbers 31:17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb