RED letter quotes of CHRIST

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

LittleNipper
Scholar

RED letter quotes of CHRIST

Post #1

Post by LittleNipper »

Here is what CHRIST HIMself declared in the book of John. Here is Jesus presenting HIMself as the GOOD SHEPHERD:
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Who is CHRIST speaking of? HE is speaking of HIMSELF and yet the FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT benefit because they are ONE! And yet again, CHRIST declares HIMself yet HE fulfills the desire of HIS FATHER because THEY are ONE.

7 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I AM the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before ME are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I AM the door: by ME if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I AM come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I AM the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth HIS life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I AM the good shepherd, and know MY sheep, and AM known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth ME, even so know I the Father: and I lay down MY life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

17 Therefore doth my Father love ME, because I lay down MY life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from ME, but I lay it down of MYself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

JESUS CHRIST is in total agreement with HIS FATHER because THEY are ONE! An angel would be but a hireling; however, since CHRIST created man along with the HOLY SPIRIT and the FATHER ---- man is loved of CHRIST and not just an observed creation as witnessed by angels. CHRIST walked in the Garden with Adam. And Adam saw CHRIST as GOD.

Savant

Re: RED letter quotes of CHRIST

Post #2

Post by 1213 »

LittleNipper wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:57 pm ....
JESUS CHRIST is in total agreement with HIS FATHER because THEY are ONE! An angel would be but a hireling; however, since CHRIST created man along with the HOLY SPIRIT and the FATHER ---- man is loved of CHRIST and not just an observed creation as witnessed by angels. CHRIST walked in the Garden with Adam. And Adam saw CHRIST as GOD.
Also disciples of Jesus are one with God.

I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them through your name which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are.
John 17:11
that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you sent me.
John 17:21

Doesn't mean that people who are one with God, are then also God.

But, is there really any Biblical scripture that says "Adam saw CHRIST as GOD"?

I know that Jesus said there is only on true God who is greater than him. Would Adam say something that is in contradiction with the teachings of Jesus?

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3
...the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Tim. 2:5

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #3

Post by LittleNipper »

You may wish to consider the following: https://www.gotquestions.org/God-walk-garden.html

And you may also wish to regard this: https://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/ ... -genesis-3

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to LittleNipper in post #1]

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.