Shouldn't the Christian Infighting be Over?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

POI
Prodigy

Shouldn't the Christian Infighting be Over?

Post #1

Post by POI »

1213 made an excellent point in post 556 of this thread (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39327&start=550). He stated:

"People have enough understanding to get it and if someone thinks he doesn't have it, he can always ask wisdom from God to understand it correctly.".

Followed by the given Bible verse to back up his claim (i.e.):

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given to him.
James 1:5

Well, some here claim to have such communication with "the almighty."

For debate: If the above verse is true, as well as Christians whose claims also comport with the Biblical claim, then why do Christians not know some Biblical answers? Case/point, I recently asked about the topic of Genesis being literal, vs. not? The Christian, who answered thus far, claims (paraphrased) -- they cannot know for sure, because the author is dead. Why wouldn't this individual simply ask for wisdom, in accordance with the Bible's claim?

Reference (viewtopic.php?t=41373). Post #16.
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

William
Savant

Re: Shouldn't the Christian Infighting be Over?

Post #71

Post by William »

I can't tell that either 1213 (in the quote) or the pastor mentioned by you, believe that when they interact with their idea of God they believe that is an "external source" or if they also think this can happen internally.
[Replying to POI in post #70]
In the OP, 1213 states that when people do not get it, they can ask the Bible God for wisdom. Many claim to receive such responses/answers from the Bible God. But their answers do not align. Why don't they? There is enough information to reach a logical conclusion here.
It would be best to ask 1213 and the pastor if he believes the bible god is an external source, an internal source or a mix of both, before making such conclusion as to where the alleged wisdom is coming from.

POI
Prodigy

Post #72

Post by POI »

William wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:53 am
I can't tell that either 1213 (in the quote) or the pastor mentioned by you, believe that when they interact with their idea of God they believe that is an "external source" or if they also think this can happen internally.
[Replying to POI in post #70]
In the OP, 1213 states that when people do not get it, they can ask the Bible God for wisdom. Many claim to receive such responses/answers from the Bible God. But their answers do not align. Why don't they? There is enough information to reach a logical conclusion here.
It would be best to ask 1213 and the pastor if he believes the bible god is an external source, an internal source or a mix of both, before making such conclusion as to where the alleged wisdom is coming from.
I do not need more clarification. External source means anyone giving you answers, which is not yourself alone. I think the ones who claim they receive answers/responses from 'God' are in self-deception, for the already listed aforementioned reason(s).

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Savant

Post #73

Post by 1213 »

POI wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:47 am
William wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:29 pm I can't tell that either 1213 (in the quote) or the pastor mentioned by you, believe that when they interact with their idea of God they believe that is an "external source" or if they also think this can happen internally.
In the OP, 1213 states that when people do not get it, they can ask the Bible God for wisdom. Many claim to receive such responses/answers from the Bible God. But their answers do not align. Why don't they?
Please give one example.

POI
Prodigy

Post #74

Post by POI »

1213 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:43 pm
William wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:29 pm I can't tell that either 1213 (in the quote) or the pastor mentioned by you, believe that when they interact with their idea of God they believe that is an "external source" or if they also think this can happen internally.
In the OP, 1213 states that when people do not get it, they can ask the Bible God for wisdom. Many claim to receive such responses/answers from the Bible God. But their answers do not align. Why don't they?
Please give one example.
Example of what exactly? That a) the Bible claims you can ask him for wisdom or b) an example of one claiming to received wisdom after asking him?

Savant

Post #75

Post by 1213 »

POI wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:45 pm
Please give one example.
Example of what exactly? That a) the Bible claims you can ask him for wisdom or b) an example of one claiming to received wisdom after asking him?
Example of an answer that does not align.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #76

Post by TRANSPONDER »

1213 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:14 am
Please give one example.
Obvious one is Hell is realv s hell is not (ET vs UR believers) or those who say that Jesus will come again vs those who say he already has, or perhaps those who see Peter being given the keys of Heaven as validating papal authority vs those who don't, or in fact every doctrinal, dogmatic or sectarian rift in Christianity from 500 AD to today.

Savant

Post #77

Post by 1213 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:21 am
Please give one example.
Obvious one is Hell is realv s hell is not (ET vs UR believers) or those who say that Jesus will come again vs those who say he already has, or perhaps those who see Peter being given the keys of Heaven as validating papal authority vs those who don't, or in fact every doctrinal, dogmatic or sectarian rift in Christianity from 500 AD to today.
So, are you saying for example that someone asked from God an answer for question "is hell real", and got answer no, and some other person got the answer yes?

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #78

Post by TRANSPONDER »

1213 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:54 am
TRANSPONDER wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:21 am
Please give one example.
So, are you saying for example that someone asked from God an answer for question "is hell real", and got answer no, and some other person got the answer yes?
Easy to say 'Yes' but in fact the more credible answer is, the answers they get are their own opinions, inflated to divinity level. It's as obvious as prayer not answered, miracles don't happen, Bible is not reliable and the sun was not made later than the daylight. As go -to a 'theory' as the nativities can't be true, NDE's are human imagination, and if human evaluation of data and evidence is not credible, then Revelation, prophecy and messages from God are certainly not. And mainly because they differ, wildly and widely. They are human ideas, opinions and imaginings credited to their own personal god, which by no means identical with the god of Christianity.

There are many who reject Hellthreat, not (such as I've heard) because Jesus told them so O:) no, usually it's Reasoning and morality that forced them to drop that. Hellfire seems more the imaginary fantasy message that comes from God.