Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

The Subnatural

Post #1

Post by boatsnguitars »

We all know about the Natural World. Easy. We all agree.
Less accepted is the Supernatural realm. This is defined as not natural, non-material.
Lesser known still is the Subnatural realm. This is defined as not natural or supernatural, non-material and non-supernatural.

It is undetectable, even to God, even to us, but it's evidence is clear. For example, why can evil exist even when the material world doesn't? Because of the Subnatural realm that allows God to be apart from something.
The Subnatural realm is the Ground of All Being, including the Supernatural and God. It didn't create God - but it exists eternally with God.

Is anyone else aware of the Subnatural? There aren't many of us. I can't even say how I came to know about it, but it is self-authenticating. I believe you have to earnestly seek it out, but some times it's answer is yes, sometimes no, sometimes wait, sometimes 42, sometimes cheese.

There are many signs that point to the Subnatural: like when a ladybug almost lands on you, or if you see the number 154,646 when running a marathon.

Someone told me they don't believe it exists. I asked them to prove it and they admitted they couldn't. That person now believes. In fact, a number of famous physicists tried to disprove the Subnatural but became sincere believers after years of study. Many people claim to believe. Many people have even died without ever discounting its existence - powerful stuff indeed!

What's crazy is that people mock us believers. They think it's just made up! They think it's a mockery of the Supernatural. However, we know that the more we are persecuted, the more we believe - it's evidence of the Subnatural.

I know it might sound crazy to believe something so difficult for someone to believe, but that's why it's so believable. After all, why would anyone make this up?
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

elphidium55
Student

Re: The Subnatural

Post #2

Post by elphidium55 »

Lesser known still is the Subnatural realm. This is defined as not natural or supernatural, non-material and non-supernatural.
In standard logic, something cannot be both supernatural and non-supernatural at one and the same time. This is often termed in logic the law of non-contradiction. The prefix "non" here implies the negation of the word which follows it.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by boatsnguitars »

I meant to say the Subnatural is neither natural or supernatural.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

elphidium55
Student

Post #4

Post by elphidium55 »

I meant to say the Subnatural is neither natural or supernatural.
I appreciate the clarification but I don't think this actually works. In the first place, the combination (conjunction) of the terms "natural" and "supernatural" is meant to exhaust all of reality. There is no third choice here between natural and supernatural.

Secondly, all you've done is swap out your conjuncts for their synonyms. The terms "non-natural / supernatural / non-material" in the present context all mean pretty much the same thing. The opposite terms, "natural / non-supernatural / material" also seem to be synonymous.

You would be better-off defining your terms as subnatural and non-subnatural and not using the terms natural and supernatural at all.