Job 12: Is God active in the Natural World?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Masterblaster
Sage

Job 12: Is God active in the Natural World?

Post #1

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

Job12:
7 But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:
8 Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
9 Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this?
10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind

Somebody mentioned an Evolution phobia among Christians. What about a complete nature phobia?

Is God still turning up for work in our natural world?
(the best of Biblical Scripture states that he is).

Do you detect God in the natural world?

Why is this aspect of God largely ommitted from doctrine and discussion?
Is the mystical more attractive than the real?
Is Job correct in stating an awareness of God in all of creation?
Your opinion on this matter, please!
'Love God with all you have and love others in the same way.'

Masterblaster
Sage

Re: Job 12: Is God active in the Natural World?

Post #91

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

Psalm 34
"8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him".

This is an appeal to all to experience God. Please read this thread and look for God in Nature. Isn't it wonderful that you can taste God, according to the Psalm. Taste is one of our senses and it has a vocabulary all of it's own that dates back to our days in the trees. I am off the drink and I have become a bit of a connoisseur of water. I love the taste of mandarin oranges. I think God tastes like water. You have to work at it.

I love Job

Job 6:6
"Can that which is unsavoury be eaten without salt? or is there any taste in the white of an egg?”

One of the great theological issues of the ages!

People have sucked the joy out of reading the Bible. Do not let them put you off. There is down to earth humour in the most of it.( The guy with the talking donkey is my favourite....if I had a euro for every old guy that said to me that their Jack Russell bitch could talk,I would be rich. My mate has a parrot that talks to him!
Thanks

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #92

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

I am reading this at the moment. If you want to extract theological or philosophical wisdom from nature, this guy is one of the best

THE PROPHET
By Kahlil Gibran

It is a free Gutenberg e-book, just use a google search....here is a free example of its breathtaking beauty and depth...

"Yet I cannot tarry longer.
The sea that calls all things unto her calls me, and I must embark.
For to stay, though the hours burn in the night, is to freeze and crystallize and be bound in a mould.
Fain would I take with me all that is here. But how shall I? A voice cannot carry the tongue and the lips that gave it wings. Alone must it seek the ether."

"And alone and without his nest shall the eagle fly across the sun."

Thanks

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #93

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Masterblaster wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:40 pm Hello

Psalm 34
"8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him".

This is an appeal to all to experience God. Please read this thread and look for God in Nature. Isn't it wonderful that you can taste God, according to the Psalm. Taste is one of our senses and it has a vocabulary all of it's own that dates back to our days in the trees. I am off the drink and I have become a bit of a connoisseur of water. I love the taste of mandarin oranges. I think God tastes like water. You have to work at it.

I love Job

Job 6:6
"Can that which is unsavoury be eaten without salt? or is there any taste in the white of an egg?”

One of the great theological issues of the ages!

People have sucked the joy out of reading the Bible. Do not let them put you off. There is down to earth humour in the most of it.( The guy with the talking donkey is my favourite....if I had a euro for every old guy that said to me that their Jack Russell bitch could talk,I would be rich. My mate has a parrot that talks to him!
Thanks
I've found plenty to laugh at but the Book itself is unwaveringly dour and humorless.

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #94

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello TRANSPONDER

I have read and seen The Cherry Orchard by Chekhov, and that re-defines dour and humourless. It is also brilliant. I find that if you step back a tad, from the implications of the narrative you can experience a stoical comedy, of sorts. You probably know this, T

It starts early, ...the world's first snitch, and we have been blaming women ever since. This is indeed, dark comedy.

Genesis 3
"12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat."

What a loser!

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #95

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Masterblaster wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:43 am Hello TRANSPONDER

I have read and seen The Cherry Orchard by Chekhov, and that re-defines dour and humourless. It is also brilliant. I find that if you step back a tad, from the implications of the narrative you can experience a stoical comedy, of sorts. You probably know this, T

It starts early, ...the world's first snitch, and we have been blaming women ever since. This is indeed, dark comedy.

Genesis 3
"12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat."

What a loser!
It is ludicrous, true, but I'm not laughing, because (like all Genesis) it leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. You see, Blaster old chum, we may hear laughable conspiracy theories (from Holocaust denial to the Flat earth) but we are not finding it funny - not all the time people believe them and even peddle them nationwide, or even worldwide.