God has proved his love for you

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

God has proved his love for you

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

Gods plan = mortals to live in an Eden( Paradise) knowing only good, never sick, never without. To live forever not aging like now. That is what Gods plan began, it is still his plan. He created all things with variety for us to enjoy. His word says, he knew us before our kidneys were formed, he knows the exact number of hairs on our heads. Think about that. God could easily see us as we see little ants scurrying about. The creator of all creation thinks about us individually and wants to be our friend. He sent his son to die on our behalf's. He asks us to use our free will out of love for him to listen to his advice. Which benefits us not him. He gave us his written word. Few have bothered to read it and learn about how merciful and loving he is. His son showed us that side while he was on earth. But he also stands for justice. And those who cant be bothered to learn about him and listen to him are choosing not to enter his kingdom and gain eternal life. His name is YHWH(Jehovah) the only true God.
Will you learn to be his friend?

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: God has proved his love for you

Post #21

Post by kjw47 »

Mae von H wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:44 am [Replying to kjw47 in post #16]

I’m not going to debate JW teaching with you. I know it’s errors too well for your points to have any impact and like all cults, the adherents know it’s history too little. This is not the subject of this thread.

I know the history well.
Gods view of a cult is the view that counts in the end= A house divided( hundreds of trinity based religions) will not stand.--You see its their darkness that calls the JW,s a cult.

Mae von H
Sage

Post #22

Post by Mae von H »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #20]

Then we wouldn’t be having this conversation and all disagreements are solved.

Mae von H
Sage

Post #23

Post by Mae von H »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:27 pm

I’m not going to debate JW teaching with you. I know it’s errors too well for your points to have any impact and like all cults, the adherents know it’s history too little. This is not the subject of this thread.

I know the history well.
Gods view of a cult is the view that counts in the end= A house divided( hundreds of trinity based religions) will not stand.--You see its their darkness that calls the JW,s a cult.
Back to the OP. Your presentation amounts to:

Dear Atheist, read this paragraph about what God has done (made sure you exist, died for you, etc.) and you will feel really loved and special. Of course He did this for every human being who ever lived so “special” doesn’t actually work….and come to think of it, He made sure every human being who ever lived, He made sure they lived so that doesn’t generate any feeling special either. And we don’t want to think about the aborted humans He couldn’t manage to ensure they lived. Never mind, just read this theology and you will have feelings of being loved….somehow.

Mae von H
Sage

Post #24

Post by Mae von H »

I will tell you how I know that God deeply loves me…He tells me so….very personal…He also shows me…we have a relationship. I no more need others to tell me God deeply loves me then I need others to tell me my husband loves me.

Don’t you want a personal relationship with Him?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #25

Post by kjw47 »

Mae von H wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:37 am
kjw47 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:27 pm

I know the history well.
Back to the OP. Your presentation amounts to:

Dear Atheist, read this paragraph about what God has done (made sure you exist, died for you, etc.) and you will feel really loved and special. Of course He did this for every human being who ever lived so “special” doesn’t actually work….and come to think of it, He made sure every human being who ever lived, He made sure they lived so that doesn’t generate any feeling special either. And we don’t want to think about the aborted humans He couldn’t manage to ensure they lived. Never mind, just read this theology and you will have feelings of being loved….somehow.
God has promised a resurrection of dead loved ones, so they are not actually dead--the lake of fire is the permanent death. His love is so great that once one dies in this system the wages of sin are paid in full. One cannot be rejudged on those sins like the blind guides teach will occur at the judgement. But reality= The resurrected ones will get an opportunity to learn and apply Gods will during the thousand year reign of Christ. They will be resurrected perfect, not like we are now. But then satan will be loosed for a little while to test their faith to see if their names can be written in Gods book of life( life everlasting, not aging like now, perfect, never sick, never without, etc in Gods kingdom on a paradise earth) this is the judgement. Revelation says many will follow satan then as well, and be destroyed forever. The wise will see just how great Gods love actually is. God only rested creating as well. No one knows the new things he will do.
He sent his son down here to die on your behalf--That is a great love on both of their parts. Could you sacrifice a child of yours for others? You have misjudged him because you do not know him. Mortals asked for this sick system of things when they kicked God in the teeth in the Eden rebellion.
God created mortals-perfect, never to age, never to know bad, never sick, etc, that is Gods will and will be a reality in his kingdom.

Mae von H
Sage

Post #26

Post by Mae von H »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #25]

Has He ever told you personally that He loves you or do you just read JW doctrine about it?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #27

Post by kjw47 »

Mae von H wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:30 am [Replying to kjw47 in post #25]

Has He ever told you personally that He loves you or do you just read JW doctrine about it?
Are you an ex baptized JW?
God draws close to those who draw close to him.

Mae von H
Sage

Post #28

Post by Mae von H »

kjw47 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:08 pm

That’s a pretty interesting answer. Essentially “join our organization and God will draw near to you.” But you cannot honestly tell me that God has told you He loves you.

I brought that point out because I know that JWs do not experience a personal intimate relationship with God and I wanted to make you hungry. The GB is not watching. Consider this. But I do admit an ex JW choice will be entailed.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #29

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Mae von H in post #8]

It has been said that we shouldn't call God by His personal name. Why not? Moses, all the prophets, and King David as well as other kings called God "Jehovah," or whatever pronunciation a group of people would refer to God (YHWH). There are 7,000 times that the name "Jehovah" appears in the Hebrew Scriptures. Many people called Him by His personal name. One place is at Psalm 83:18 where the writer uses God's name.

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth." (KJV) There are only 4 places in the Scriptures that the KJV printed God's personal name, even though there are 7,000 more places. But the Tetragrammaton appears in the original Hebrew scrolls, which you can see if you look at a Hebrew Bible. Another is:

"Trust ye in the LORD forever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength." (Isaiah 26:4) The prophet Isaiah wrote that and had no compunction involving using God's name. Did you know that wherever the KJV has translated "LORD" in all uppercase letters, that is where the name of God appears in the Hebrew text? You can see it as the Tetragrammaton (YHWH). Many translators opted to leave out the name of God in His own book!

Moses used God's name, if you'll look at his writings. He called Him by His personal name. He wrote at Exodus 3:15: "And God saith unto Moses, 'Thus dost thou say unto the sons of Israel. Jehovah, God of your fathers, God of Abraham, God of Isaac, and God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you; this is My name--forever and this is My memorial to generation--generation." (Young's Literal Translation) That is the way it is translated by the translators for Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Bible. It is not a JW translation. That translation puts the name of God in all the places that it appears in the Hebrew text.

King David used God's personal name continually. At Psalm 110: 1 and 2 David wrote: "The affirmation of Jehovah to my Lord [the Messiah]: 'Sit at My right hand Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.' The rod of thy strength doth Jehovah send from Zion, Rule in the midst of thine enemies." (Young's Literal Translation) David was very close to God, and he didn't call Him "Father." It is always God's personal name. So why shouldn't we use it when speaking to Him?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry. I think I confused the two people here whose names are similar. I'm looking at this today after having written the above. I think it was to MissKate that I should have been commenting to.
Last edited by onewithhim on Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #30

Post by kjw47 »

Mae von H wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:55 am
kjw47 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:08 pm

That’s a pretty interesting answer. Essentially “join our organization and God will draw near to you.” But you cannot honestly tell me that God has told you He loves you.

I brought that point out because I know that JWs do not experience a personal intimate relationship with God and I wanted to make you hungry. The GB is not watching. Consider this. But I do admit an ex JW choice will be entailed.

Are you an ex baptized JW? Answer please.
God answers prayers, he has for me many times.
Ex JW,s are like Judas.