What is the name above all names?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Re: What is the name above all names?

Post #191

Post by onewithhim »

Mae von H wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:53 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:15 am
Mae von H wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:02 am
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:30 pm
Mae von H wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:35 am
onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:57 pm [Replying to Mae von H in post #184]
Yes, people who don't know me yet will take in knowledge of me. They will get to know me by finding out things about me---taking in knowledge. Included in that would be associating with me so they get to know me---taking in more knowledge.
I notice you rapidly switched to the warmer more honoring term “get to know you by finding out things about you” and “associating with you” when referring to yourself. Telling.
"Telling" of what? Can you stop dropping little innuendos to insult me and other JWs, and come straight out to say what it is you are actually thinking about? And I don't know what you mean by me "rapidly switching" to a "warmer" term.
If you met someone and chatted with them and they, finding you interesting, wanted more said, “You’re interesting. I’d like to take in knowledge of you,.” you’d realized they don’t want a friendship. They don’t care about you. They don’t want relationship. You’re like a movie they take in, impersonal and for their enrichment. Just so, People who are adherents to your group have no relationship with God. They don’t come to understand Him, they just hope to “take in knowledge,” a cold and remote view of someone.
I don't agree. No one is going to SAY "I want to take in knowledge of you." They will just learn about you as time goes on. JWs do have a fine relationship with God, and better than I ever had with other religions. And we continue to LEARN about Him, as Jesus said we should. (John 17:3)
Yet JWs say that they "take in knowledge of Him," the very thing you say no one will say. That is, there is no personal relationship with God, they just "take in knowledge." But this is a he said, she said exchange. I have to meet a JW who spoke of God in such a way as to demonstrate a personal intimate relationship with the living God. I even doubt they "take in knowledge" as claimed. But that is just my experience.
How can you judge JWs? How can you say that we have no relationship with God? You are smearing a group of people with your own opinions that don't stand up to examination.

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Re: What is the name above all names?

Post #192

Post by TheHolyGhost »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:44 am
Mae von H wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:53 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:15 am
Mae von H wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:02 am
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:30 pm
Mae von H wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:35 am
onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:57 pm [Replying to Mae von H in post #184]
Yes, people who don't know me yet will take in knowledge of me. They will get to know me by finding out things about me---taking in knowledge. Included in that would be associating with me so they get to know me---taking in more knowledge.
I notice you rapidly switched to the warmer more honoring term “get to know you by finding out things about you” and “associating with you” when referring to yourself. Telling.
"Telling" of what? Can you stop dropping little innuendos to insult me and other JWs, and come straight out to say what it is you are actually thinking about? And I don't know what you mean by me "rapidly switching" to a "warmer" term.
If you met someone and chatted with them and they, finding you interesting, wanted more said, “You’re interesting. I’d like to take in knowledge of you,.” you’d realized they don’t want a friendship. They don’t care about you. They don’t want relationship. You’re like a movie they take in, impersonal and for their enrichment. Just so, People who are adherents to your group have no relationship with God. They don’t come to understand Him, they just hope to “take in knowledge,” a cold and remote view of someone.
I don't agree. No one is going to SAY "I want to take in knowledge of you." They will just learn about you as time goes on. JWs do have a fine relationship with God, and better than I ever had with other religions. And we continue to LEARN about Him, as Jesus said we should. (John 17:3)
Yet JWs say that they "take in knowledge of Him," the very thing you say no one will say. That is, there is no personal relationship with God, they just "take in knowledge." But this is a he said, she said exchange. I have to meet a JW who spoke of God in such a way as to demonstrate a personal intimate relationship with the living God. I even doubt they "take in knowledge" as claimed. But that is just my experience.
How can you judge JWs?
I never met one that I liked.