Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Jesus is not an angel #2

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Wootah wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:04 pm
Hebrews 2:5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. 6 But there is a place where someone has testified:

“What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
a son of man that you care for him?
7 You made them a little lower than the angels;
you crowned them with glory and honor
8 and put everything under their feet.”

In putting everything under them, God left nothing that is not subject to them. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them. 9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.
How can Jesus be an angel if he was temporarily lower than the angels?

Wouldn't it say he was temporarily the lowest of the angels?
A new argument!

Hebrews 2:5 It is not to angels that God has subjected the world to come.

Revelation 17:14O
They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful.

God has not subjected the world to angels.

God has subjected the world to Jesus.

Therefore Jesus cannot be an angel.

Rebuttals?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: Jesus is not an angel #2

Post #31

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:58 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:41 pm
Wootah wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:36 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:20 pm
As Yeshua said, the "ruler (Lord) of the world is coming, and he has nothing in me" (John 14:30). As shown in Revelation 13, the Lord of the kings (beasts) is the dragon (Rev 13:4), who is Satan (Rev 20:2). Satan is a fallen angel and is represented in Daniel 10 as a prince of the Gentiles/Greece, who fights the Lord of Israel, who according to Daniel, was described as a "certain man", and "Lord", and one who "resembled a human being" (Daniel 20). As for Hebrews, it is written by an unknown author, with credit often going to the false prophet Paul. No wonder you seem confused. Yeshua describes himself as the "son of man", who will not return until "immediately after the tribulation" (Mt 24:29-30). In the meantime Yeshua sits at the right hand of God, waiting for the LORD to make Yeshua's enemies a footstool for his feet. (Psalms 110).
False prophet Paul. Can you make a thread on that because this thread and forum considers the Bible is valid?

Also nothing you wrote was for or against the topic.
Anyone who thinks that 1 plus 1 plus 1 is equal to 1, as with the Trinity doctrine, which came out of the Nicene Council of 325 A.D., is in need of remedial math. Does the forum refute the Jews, who do not consider the writing of Paul as valid?
I would think the forum might refute the Jews. After all, they didn't accept Christ.
I am thinking that "Christians" refute the RLDS/Mormons and the JWs as sects, and not as true "Christians", does that mean you shouldn't be on this forum. I was also thinking that Yeshua came to present his message to Judah/Jews, and the lost sheep of Israel/Eprhaim, who wouldn't be combined until the end of the age per Ezekiel 36 & 37. According to Hosea 3, Israel will return to the LORD and king David. According to Ezekiel 36 & 37, Israel will be given a new heart and follow king David and live on the land given to Jacob. Do you live on the land given to Jacob, and keep "keep My statutes" (Ez 3724-25). What ever happened to the Messianic Jews? Did they "rapture"?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #32

Post by onewithhim »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:53 pm
As Yeshua said, the "ruler (Lord) of the world is coming, and he has nothing in me" (John 14:30). As shown in Revelation 13, the Lord of the kings (beasts) is the dragon (Rev 13:4), who is Satan (Rev 20:2). Satan is a fallen angel and is represented in Daniel 10 as a prince of the Gentiles/Greece, who fights the Lord of Israel, who according to Daniel, was described as a "certain man", and "Lord", and one who "resembled a human being" (Daniel 20). As for Hebrews, it is written by an unknown author, with credit often going to the false prophet Paul. No wonder you seem confused. Yeshua describes himself as the "son of man", who will not return until "immediately after the tribulation" (Mt 24:29-30). In the meantime Yeshua sits at the right hand of God, waiting for the LORD to make Yeshua's enemies a footstool for his feet. (Psalms 110).
False prophet Paul. Can you make a thread on that because this thread and forum considers the Bible is valid?

Anyone who thinks that 1 plus 1 plus 1 is equal to 1, as with the Trinity doctrine, which came out of the Nicene Council of 325 A.D., is in need of remedial math. Does the forum refute the Jews, who do not consider the writing of Paul as valid?
I would think the forum might refute the Jews. After all, they didn't accept Christ.
I am thinking that "Christians" refute the RLDS/Mormons and the JWs as sects, and not as true "Christians", does that mean you shouldn't be on this forum. I was also thinking that Yeshua came to present his message to Judah/Jews, and the lost sheep of Israel/Eprhaim, who wouldn't be combined until the end of the age per Ezekiel 36 & 37. According to Hosea 3, Israel will return to the LORD and king David. According to Ezekiel 36 & 37, Israel will be given a new heart and follow king David and live on the land given to Jacob. Do you live on the land given to Jacob, and keep "keep My statutes" (Ez 3724-25). What ever happened to the Messianic Jews? Did they "rapture"?
I didn't say that Jews didn't have a right to be on this forum. You said should they be refuted?? and I said they should be. They are welcome to stay on this forum.

You don't understand, apparently, that today God's people are now spiritual Israel and not physical Israel, as the Scriptures show us. They rejected Jesus, so now the priviledge of reigning over the earth with Christ is given to "a nation producing its [the kingdoms'] fruit."

Jesus said: "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her---how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings! But you people did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you." (Matthew 23:37,38)

"I say to you, The Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits." (Matthew 21:43)

Peter said to Christians in Asia: "YOU are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for a special possession....For you were once not a people, but are now God's people." (I Peter 2:9,10)

(And Hosea was referring to spiritual Israel, not earthly Israel. Spiritual Israel keeps God's statutes, the way no other group does. I don't know anything about Messianic Jews, but I'm sure they didn't "rapture.")

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #33

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:03 pm

I didn't say that Jews didn't have a right to be on this forum. You said should they be refuted?? and I said they should be. They are welcome to stay on this forum.

You don't understand, apparently, that today God's people are now spiritual Israel and not physical Israel, as the Scriptures show us. They rejected Jesus, so now the priviledge of reigning over the earth with Christ is given to "a nation producing its [the kingdoms'] fruit."

Jesus said: "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her---how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings! But you people did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you." (Matthew 23:37,38)

"I say to you, The Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits." (Matthew 21:43)

Peter said to Christians in Asia: "YOU are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for a special possession....For you were once not a people, but are now God's people." (I Peter 2:9,10)

(And Hosea was referring to spiritual Israel, not earthly Israel. Spiritual Israel keeps God's statutes, the way no other group does. I don't know anything about Messianic Jews, but I'm sure they didn't "rapture.")
I get it. You have been "deceived", along with those who "dwell on the earth", by the "beast with two horns like a lamb" (Rev 13) Constantine with is two Christ like leaders, Peter and Paul, but you will have to "come out of her", the "her" being the daughters of Babylon, being the Christian churches who believe they are "Israel", and follow the god of Constantine, Sol Invictus, and keep his holy day (Sunday), or you will retain the plagues of "her" (Rev 18:4). I am saying that Israel remains scattered among the "nations"/Gentiles and will remain so until they are "gathered out" and placed on the land given to Jacob under the leadership of king David, as laid out in Ezekiel 36 & 37. You do not reside on the land given to Jacob, nor do you walk in My ordinances or keep in My statutes. Keep trying, but remember the clock is ticking. There is a "blood moon" this month which precedes the feast of Unleavened Bread, at the time of your pagan Easter, which according to Joel 2:30 precedes the "day of the LORD", which is when the angels of the LORD reek destruction (Mt 13). Maybe you should switch to being a Mormon and get prepared for Har-Magedon. You might not "survive" (Joel 2:31), but at least you will leave something for others.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #34

Post by onewithhim »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:09 pm

I get it. You have been "deceived", along with those who "dwell on the earth", by the "beast with two horns like a lamb" (Rev 13) Constantine with is two Christ like leaders, Peter and Paul, but you will have to "come out of her", the "her" being the daughters of Babylon, being the Christian churches who believe they are "Israel", and follow the god of Constantine, Sol Invictus, and keep his holy day (Sunday), or you will retain the plagues of "her" (Rev 18:4). I am saying that Israel remains scattered among the "nations"/Gentiles and will remain so until they are "gathered out" and placed on the land given to Jacob under the leadership of king David, as laid out in Ezekiel 36 & 37. You do not reside on the land given to Jacob, nor do you walk in My ordinances or keep in My statutes. Keep trying, but remember the clock is ticking. There is a "blood moon" this month which precedes the feast of Unleavened Bread, at the time of your pagan Easter, which according to Joel 2:30 precedes the "day of the LORD", which is when the angels of the LORD reek destruction (Mt 13). Maybe you should switch to being a Mormon and get prepared for Har-Magedon. You might not "survive" (Joel 2:31), but at least you will leave something for others.
I'm sorry but you have it turned around. YOU must get out of Babylon the Great or you'll be embarrassed when Jesus comes back with Peter and Paul at his side, in the heavens, carrying forth the mighty battle against evil. Why would I want to switch to be a Mormon?? They don't know anything about what the Bible really says. We do not celebrate Easter---it is a pagan holiday, as is Christmas, and Halloween and several other holidays.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #35

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:01 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:09 pm

I'm sorry but you have it turned around. YOU must get out of Babylon the Great or you'll be embarrassed when Jesus comes back with Peter and Paul at his side, in the heavens, carrying forth the mighty battle against evil. Why would I want to switch to be a Mormon?? They don't know anything about what the Bible really says. We do not celebrate Easter---it is a pagan holiday, as is Christmas, and Halloween and several other holidays.
The Mormons, like the JWs are a cult like sect, whose cultlike ceremonies are kept in secret, just like the egregious acts of JW elders are kept secret. Babylon the Great, is the mother of whores (Rev 17), and as imaged by Martin Luther, the Roman church specifically and her daughters, are harlot daughters of Babylon. The god of Babel was Bel, the sun god. The holy day of the JWs is Sunday, the day of the sun god. Babel had a Trinity of gods, and the JWs have a Trinity of gods, which comes from the Council of Nicaea, which was convened by the "beast with two horns like a lamb", Constantine. Anyone with the "mark" of the "beast" will drink from the cup of God's anger (Rev 14:10). The Mormon's have something the JWs don't. They generally have prepared for the "day of the LORD", whereas the JWs are without clothes to weather the coming storm. The Mormon's might have time to repent, whereas the JWs don't seem to be prepared for a mild storm and are out without a coat at hand. (Mt 24:17-20)