How exactly did Jesus resurrection happen❓

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #1

Post by The Nice Centurion »

If a world religion claimed that 2000 years ago someone built a time machine, then people would fall over their own feet to constantly ask: "How excactly did this time machine work?"

But now we have in the bible a a main protagonist resurrect from being dead and no one, neither Christian nor Sceptic ever, bothers to ask:
"How exactly did Jesus resurrection happen?"

Marvel fans are known to intensively debate questions like:
"How exactly does Spidermans power of sticking to walls and ceilings work?"

But no one on earth gives a damn about how exactly worked "The Resurrection"!

My first question for debate: Why is that so❓

Now lets first see what "resurrection" is supposed to mean.

First: A resurrected being in the bible is not undead like Count Dracula as a Vampyre, who has no biological bodily functions anymore and is kept undead alive by magic alone.

A truly resurrected being is supposed to have regained live and full biological bodily functions out of the state of being truly dead.
And he is therefore not being kept alive by magic alone, though magic m i g h t have triggered his resurrection.

Everyone agrees that Jesus is supposed to have been "really dead" ! By current medical definition that does mean already brain dead.

This is the state anyone must reach to honestly resurrect.
For we have semi dead people waking up from clinical death all the time and no one is claiming miracle of resurrection for them.

But lets see what naturally happens after brain death:
"Decomposition (of the brain) often occurs within minutes after death, which is quicker than other body tissues, likely because the brain is about 80% water. Rotting starts in normal ambient temperature at about 3 days, and the brain is essentially vaporized within 5-10 years."

Said all that we can begin trying to find out how Jesus resurrection might have happened in detail.

Bible gives a hint by intensively implicating that Jesus resurrection was triggered by magic.

Bible explains that Jesus died sometime P.M. during first day, was dead the whole second day and resurrected on third day before daybreak.
(Lets say he was dead for somewhat 36 hours.)

Now, said all that; What is possible?

Magic, as the Great Joe Quesada stated when he destroyed the Spiderman comic series for the fans, must not be explained.

But what that magic did do can be researched.

Did magic stop Jesus brain and therefore his body too from decomposing, kept it in a somewhat timeless state and make him arise 36 hours later?

Did Jesus naturally decompose and magic made him re-decompose later to let him be able to better resurrect?

And then we have still the problem that Jesus died supposedly on the cross because fatal hurts and woundings to his body caused his heart to stop.

How therefore did his body compensate this fatal wounds, to still be able to resurrect?

I will stop here explaining, starting the debate with the second and main question:

“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

Savant

Re: How exactly did Jesus resurrection happen❓

Post #151

Post by 1213 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:35 am ...It is Theist - think that uses Unknowns as gaps for God by appealing to magic (goddunnit miracles)...
I don't believe in magic. And I don't think anything is a miracle, when one understands how it happened.

Savant

Post #152

Post by 1213 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:27 am ...We have evidence that evolution happened (not one week of creation) in hard fossil evidence, not just written claims.
In a way it is nice that you remain optimistic. :D
TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:27 am...But also there is a hypothetical mechanism for abiogenesis, while the mechanism for the resurrection is 'it happened'. Same with Life. Creationism has no mechanism, but just God dunnit.
If you believe in abiogenesis, why could resurrection not happen the same way?

But, actually, now that I have thought this more, I think I should not speak more about this, because I don't think it would be good, if people would know how it works. Evil people would misuse the knowledge.
TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:27 am...the Biblical contradictions show that the resurrection did not in fact happen (and it demonstrably does) ...
Sorry, we have no good reason to believe that.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #153

Post by JehovahsWitness »

1213 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:43 amEvil people would misuse the knowledge.

I dont think anyone but God can create life, but nanotechnlogy and gene manipulation seems to indicate evil people can maniipulate matter to replicate living things and that, in the wrong hands is bad enough.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #154

Post by TRANSPONDER »

1213 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:43 am
TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:27 am ...We have evidence that evolution happened (not one week of creation) in hard fossil evidence, not just written claims.
In a way it is nice that you remain optimistic. :D
TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:27 am...But also there is a hypothetical mechanism for abiogenesis, while the mechanism for the resurrection is 'it happened'. Same with Life. Creationism has no mechanism, but just God dunnit.
If you believe in abiogenesis, why could resurrection not happen the same way?

But, actually, now that I have thought this more, I think I should not speak more about this, because I don't think it would be good, if people would know how it works. Evil people would misuse the knowledge.
TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:27 am...the Biblical contradictions show that the resurrection did not in fact happen (and it demonstrably does) ...
Sorry, we have no good reason to believe that.
I should remain optimistic, when the evidence has what I follow. Why you remain faithful when it requires you to deny not only science, but logical reasoning and indeed the Bible when it doesn't suit you i cannot fathom.

I shouldn't speak any more about abiogenesis, either because it is a losing game; it does not validate any one religion of god to deny it, but it does flag up that there is not even a hypothesis for the resurrection nor indeed creation other than waving a magic wand, which we also don't see done in a lab or out of it, but that means it is the default faithclaim until 100% debunked, isn't that it?

All that without 'even if a god did make life, it evolved after that, which is proven despite your refusal to admit what is hard evidence, but then you deny what's in the Bible is it doesn't suit your own opinions, don't you?

Yes I suggest you shouldn't speak any more about that ;) You (singly or collectively appear to regard a 'good reason' as whatever suits your own opinion, any evidence or Biblescript being omitted as you outrageously did if it doesn't suit you. But like I say, an invaluable good bad example, look and ask 'do I sound like that?'
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:19 am
1213 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:43 amEvil people would misuse the knowledge.

I dont think anyone but God can create life, but nanotechnlogy and gene manipulation seems to indicate evil people can maniipulate matter to replicate living things and that, in the wrong hands is bad enough.
There is a long history of science -skeptic denial and not infrequently pushed by religion. Transplants, tissue in vats, assisted reproduction, all denounced in one way or another, but now accepted and valued and the religious trusting that nobody will remember that they denounced it as you did here with new stuff that is fair game.

One day (ah gatta dream) history will look back on that sort of view with the same bemused horror with which we look back at the witch finding frenzy of the 17th c

SiNcE_1985
Apprentice

Post #155

Post by SiNcE_1985 »

The Nice Centurion wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:51 pm If a world religion claimed that 2000 years ago someone built a time machine, then people would fall over their own feet to constantly ask: "How excactly did this time machine work?"

But now we have in the bible a a main protagonist resurrect from being dead and no one, neither Christian nor Sceptic ever, bothers to ask:
"How exactly did Jesus resurrection happen?"

Marvel fans are known to intensively debate questions like:
"How exactly does Spidermans power of sticking to walls and ceilings work?"

But no one on earth gives a damn about how exactly worked "The Resurrection"!

My first question for debate: Why is that so❓

Now lets first see what "resurrection" is supposed to mean.

First: A resurrected being in the bible is not undead like Count Dracula as a Vampyre, who has no biological bodily functions anymore and is kept undead alive by magic alone.

A truly resurrected being is supposed to have regained live and full biological bodily functions out of the state of being truly dead.
And he is therefore not being kept alive by magic alone, though magic m i g h t have triggered his resurrection.

Everyone agrees that Jesus is supposed to have been "really dead" ! By current medical definition that does mean already brain dead.

This is the state anyone must reach to honestly resurrect.
For we have semi dead people waking up from clinical death all the time and no one is claiming miracle of resurrection for them.

But lets see what naturally happens after brain death:
"Decomposition (of the brain) often occurs within minutes after death, which is quicker than other body tissues, likely because the brain is about 80% water. Rotting starts in normal ambient temperature at about 3 days, and the brain is essentially vaporized within 5-10 years."

Said all that we can begin trying to find out how Jesus resurrection might have happened in detail.

Bible gives a hint by intensively implicating that Jesus resurrection was triggered by magic.

Bible explains that Jesus died sometime P.M. during first day, was dead the whole second day and resurrected on third day before daybreak.
(Lets say he was dead for somewhat 36 hours.)

Now, said all that; What is possible?

Magic, as the Great Joe Quesada stated when he destroyed the Spiderman comic series for the fans, must not be explained.

But what that magic did do can be researched.

Did magic stop Jesus brain and therefore his body too from decomposing, kept it in a somewhat timeless state and make him arise 36 hours later?

Did Jesus naturally decompose and magic made him re-decompose later to let him be able to better resurrect?

And then we have still the problem that Jesus died supposedly on the cross because fatal hurts and woundings to his body caused his heart to stop.

How therefore did his body compensate this fatal wounds, to still be able to resurrect?

I will stop here explaining, starting the debate with the second and main question:

When unbelievers can explain how sentient life arose from naturally from nonliving material, then believers will explain how Jesus rose supernaturally from the dead.

Until then, we will leave you with this blank statement..

God rose Jesus from the dead.
You got two choices, man; swallow blood, or swallow pride.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #156

[Replying to SiNcE_1985 in post #155]
I asked first. Why cannot you just answer, instead of popping up a counter question? Cant you at least give hints?

If you find yourself able to promise answers if others give another answer first, logic dictates that you already are informed about the Mechanics of The Resurrection.

It is unfair that you not share with us now !

Like everyne else in this long long thread you avoid like plague to help research the details of The Resurrection !

Still, about your "Avoid a real answer answer" ;

1) Which god ?

2) What kind of dead ? Clinical death ? Brain death ? Other ?

3) Why were there no witnesses for the actual resurrection ?
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

SiNcE_1985
Apprentice

Post #157

Post by SiNcE_1985 »

The Nice Centurion wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm [Replying to SiNcE_1985 in post #155]
I asked first. Why cannot you just answer, instead of popping up a counter question? Cant you at least give hints?

If you find yourself able to promise answers if others give another answer first, logic dictates that you already are informed about the Mechanics of The Resurrection.

It is unfair that you not share with us now !

Like everyne else in this long long thread you avoid like plague to help research the details of The Resurrection !
I answered the question.

You asked how did it happen..and I said because Goddidit.
Still, about your "Avoid a real answer answer" ;

1) Which god ?
The Judeo-Chrisitian one.
2) What kind of dead ? Clinical death ? Brain death ? Other ?
Read the narratives, and tell me which death it clearly states it was.
3) Why were there no witnesses for the actual resurrection ?
Because of the huge rock blocking the entrance of the tomb, where no one could get in or out to witness anything.

There were witnesses to Jesus' post mortem appearances, though.

But you don't want talk about that m, though...because that won't help your "no witnesses" agenda.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #158

[Replying to SiNcE_1985 in post #157]
Why didnt just a space monster come down to remove the rock?
It then could have satten down at the entrance to invite whoever comes along to look into the tomb and see . . .

Oh, wait . . . !

And I like very much to debate the P.M.A.'s ( whose proplem that they come with, I call the " little brother of Why no witnesses for A.R. " )

Why was that risen dude so hard to recognice and that by closest friends too? (Who conveniently were the only ones to whom Christ bothered to show himself.)

SiNcE_1985
Apprentice

Post #159

Post by SiNcE_1985 »

The Nice Centurion wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:08 pm [Replying to SiNcE_1985 in post #157]
Why didnt just a space monster come down to remove the rock?
It then could have satten down at the entrance to invite whoever comes along to look into the tomb and see . . .

Oh, wait . . .
Your question was answered, sir.
And I like very much to debate the P.M.A.'s ( whose proplem that they come with, I call the " little brother of Why no witnesses for A.R. " )
?
Why was that risen dude so hard to recognice and that by closest friends too?
It clearly states that some of his followers were kept from recognizing him.
(Who conveniently were the only ones to whom Christ bothered to show himself.)
Well, considering Christianity became (and is) the biggest religion in the world in terms of number of followers, I'd say Christ appeared to exactly who he needed to in order to accomplish that feat.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #160

[Replying to SiNcE_1985 in post #159]
WHAT kept the Followers from recognizing Christ and WHY?

The SHADY AT BEST post mortem appearances led to warring christian denominations on each others throats until today!

Also since people are no longer burned at the stake for asking questions about the risen guy's suspicious behaviour, the number of worldwide christians is sadly sinking.

You sure that this is what was planned to be accomplished by them kept Patterson Jesus post moryem narratives ?