Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

What must I do to be saved?

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

What must I do to be saved?

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:30)
Repent (Luke 13:3,5)
Confess Jesus is Lord before men (Matthew 10:32)
Be immersed for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38)
Be faithful until death (Revelation 2:10)
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: What must I do to be saved?

Post #51

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:31 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:02 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:50 am
So you are saying that "death" doesn't mean someone is dead. The scriptures say that the result of sin is DEATH. You are saying that LIFE is given to the demons forever. How can "death" mean "life"?
There are two type of bodies, natural and spiritual:

There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. (I Corinthians 15:44)

Natural bodies can die, while spiritual bodies cannot.

What type of bodies do the demons have?
Spiritual bodies CAN die.

Let's waste some more time.

According to the scriptures, God is a Spirit:

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24)

You believe God can die.

I do not believe God can die because according to the scriptures, spirits live eternally:

Genesis 3:22
And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Jesus Christ states that those believers who are born again of the Spirit as spirits can never die again:

Luke 20:36
Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Do you believe in Jesus Christ?

<==========================>

Once again, the man Jesus Christ is the only human to ever qualify as an heir to everlasting life under the original covenant between God and the nation of Israel. The wages of sin is death, He never sinned, thus His name is in the Book of Life as an inheritor of everlasting life. Thus, He alone hath immortality as an inheritance under that testament:

1 Timothy 6:16
Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #52

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:42 pm
So you are saying that "death" doesn't mean someone is dead. The scriptures say that the result of sin is DEATH. You are saying that LIFE is given to the demons forever. How can "death" mean "life"?

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24)

You believe God can die.

I do not believe God can die because according to the scriptures, spirits live eternally:

And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Jesus Christ states that those believers who are born again of the Spirit as spirits can never die again:

Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Once again, the man Jesus Christ is the only human to ever qualify as an heir to everlasting life under the original covenant between God and the nation of Israel. The wages of sin is death, He never sinned, thus His name is in the Book of Life as an inheritor of everlasting life. Thus, He alone hath immortality as an inheritance under that testament:

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
That is right. And since he alone has immortality, the demons would not. They will DIE, just as it is written, "The wages of sin is death." Not life for the demons.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #53

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:01 pm

You believe God can die.

That is right. And since he alone has immortality, the demons would not. They will DIE, just as it is written, "The wages of sin is death." Not life for the demons.
The wages of sin is death only for those capable of dying!!

The devil, for example, cannot be killed.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #54

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:02 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:01 pm

You believe God can die.

The wages of sin is death only for those capable of dying!!

The devil, for example, cannot be killed.
I have shown you repeatedly that the Devil can certainly be killed even though he is a spirit. His death is symbolized at Revelation 20:10, where he is put into a state where he couldn't do anything anymore---death. (The word "torment" is used as it is in other parts of the Scriptures to mean what a jailer implements onto his captives, which is a situation where they cannot move about freely or do anything within their confines. It does not mean torture.) Do you take that verse literally? Then the "wild beast" must be literal. What wild beast will be thrown into the lake of fire with the Devil?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #55

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:03 am I have shown you repeatedly that the Devil can certainly be killed even though he is a spirit.
No you have not, nor ever will, because the devil is an immortal spiritual bodied being.
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:03 am
His death is symbolized at Revelation 20:10, where he is put into a state where he couldn't do anything anymore---death.
That is not a definition of death:

Death: the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an animal or plant.

The devil will be tormented in the lake of fire eternally.

This cannot be physical torment since the devil's spiritual body does not feel pain. It is the torment of knowing he failed, being defeated, seeing lowly humans being upgraded to take his place, never being given another opportunity, separation from the Kingdom of God, etc.

He has rebelled, been defeated, and lost his freedom and authority for eternity.

But he is alive forever because he is an immortal spiritual bodied being.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #56

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:04 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:03 am I have shown you repeatedly that the Devil can certainly be killed even though he is a spirit.
No you have not, nor ever will, because the devil is an immortal spiritual bodied being.
His death is symbolized at Revelation 20:10, where he is put into a state where he couldn't do anything anymore---death.

Death: the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an animal or plant.
And he won't be able to do anything anymore, right? That's what death does to you.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #57

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:43 am

And he won't be able to do anything anymore, right?
NO! Very wrong! He will be able to suffer torment eternally!!

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The dead cannot feel torment as they know nothing:

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing... (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

The dead don't even know that they are dead.

Since the devil feels the torment forever, he IS alive forever.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #58

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:59 am

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing... (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

No, the Greek word for "torment" means the definition of being in a situation where one can't be free to do as he wishes. Annihilation is the reason that Satan is "tormented." When he's dead he can't be free to do as he wishes. He is truly dead, not alive as some people say. The "lake of fire" is symbolic for total obliteration. It has to be symbolic because the other things that will go into the lake of fire are "death and hell." (KJV) Can "death" be thrown into anything? Can "hell" be thrown into hell? It's all symbolic.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #59

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 pm

No, the Greek word for "torment" means the definition of being in a situation where one can't be free to do as he wishes. Annihilation is the reason that Satan is "tormented." When he's dead he can't be free to do as he wishes. He is truly dead, not alive as some people say. The "lake of fire" is symbolic for total obliteration. It has to be symbolic because the other things that will go into the lake of fire are "death and hell." (KJV) Can "death" be thrown into anything? Can "hell" be thrown into hell? It's all symbolic.
The "devil" is thrown into the "lake of fire", where already exists the "beast" and the "false prophet" (Rev 20:10). These all have everlasting life, therefore committed the unforgivable sin. The "devil" is spirit, and does not have his own body, therefore he cannot die. His torment, perceived state, will be forever. Then the "dead" arise and are judged, and those not in the book of life are thrown into the fire, along with "death" and "Hades". Those in the "book of life" evidently have a different result. Apparently, the "beast" and the "false prophet" had been anointed, such as ate from the spiritual tree of life, and therefore cannot die, and unlike your average Pete and Joe, they cannot die (Genesis 3:4). The "Beast" and the "false prophet" have "demon spirits", which live though the body of the host die (Rev 16:13). Pete and Joe are no longer cognizant but have been burned up. "Hell" is Sheol, the grave. Death can be eliminated under a different paradigm. Without death, you need no grave/Shoel.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #60

Post by onewithhim »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:46 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 pm

The "devil" is thrown into the "lake of fire", where already exists the "beast" and the "false prophet" (Rev 20:10). These all have everlasting life, therefore committed the unforgivable sin. The "devil" is spirit, and does not have his own body, therefore he cannot die. His torment, perceived state, will be forever. Then the "dead" arise and are judged, and those not in the book of life are thrown into the fire, along with "death" and "Hades". Those in the "book of life" evidently have a different result. Apparently, the "beast" and the "false prophet" had been anointed, such as ate from the spiritual tree of life, and therefore cannot die, and unlike your average Pete and Joe, they cannot die (Genesis 3:4). The "Beast" and the "false prophet" have "demon spirits", which live though the body of the host die (Rev 16:13). Pete and Joe are no longer cognizant but have been burned up. "Hell" is Sheol, the grave. Death can be eliminated under a different paradigm. Without death, you need no grave/Shoel.
How can you throw death? How can you throw Hades?