Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Masterblaster
Sage

Corinthians 15: 'Did Christ conquer Death? '

Post #1

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

Corinthians 15:19 'If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.'

-----

From the very start of Christianity , this was presented as an 'all-or- nothing' plea...read the chapter.

This was billed as black or white.
I think that this was a catastrophic mistake.
I feel that the fate of Christianity was sealed on this point.

Questions: Was victory called incorrectly
Was it ever 'a take it or leave it'?
'Love God with all you have and love others in the same way.'

Masterblaster
Sage

Re: Corinthians 15: 'Did Christ conquer Death? '

Post #11

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

Paul's trajectory is propped up with intentional insertions in the Gospels

Take John as the prime example

18 The Jews then responded to him, “What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?”
19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”
20 They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

The Gospel itself admits to retrospective extrapolation. A Jesus never said this.

As you reason with this material, logic is being constantly inverted on itself. The bottom line is ,for me that Jesus never intended to leave the Yahweh God of Judaism but that Paul felt an opportunity for much more. Christianity was a new thing and the Jesus figure of history was split in two, with one half being let sink into obscurity....the part that, ate, slept, deficated, taught, prayed, and died. Paul proceeds with the new mantra ....'The actual Son of God had been amongst us, and he would be back to collect us soon.'

In later Christianity this was extrapolated into a judgement at our own death, with a faint hint of a resurrection of the dead at the End of Days( which we have stopped waiting for).

Thanks

Masterblaster
Sage

Re: Corinthians 15: 'Did Christ conquer Death? '

Post #12

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

The Jesus mission was never to destroy Judaism , but to reform it....look at this in Matthew

12 "Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”13 He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14 Leave them; they are blind guides.If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Did Jesus ever totally abandon Judaism?
Is Christianity a ruse on Judaism?

Thanks