JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1561

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:17 am
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:08 am
onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:45 am
myth-one.com wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:38 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:42 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:54 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:04 pm
Now I know exactly what? God did not neglect the earth, and continued to form it into something habitable by man.

In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth as very good.

And it came to be void, empty, and dark over time due to neglect resulting when angels assigned to maintain the earth rebelled under the ruler of the earth, which was Satan:

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. (Jude 1:6)

God then returned to the earth and began the re-creation of a decimated earth beginning in Genesis 1:3.

Man was then created and given dominion over that restored earth.

Man has 6,000 years to maintain the earth from that point and learn that the best way to do things is by obeying Gods commandments.

Several translations of the scriptures use the word "now" to indicate a time lapse between verses one and two:

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (Genesis 1:2 NIV)
I asked you what scriptures can you point me to to show that God assigned angels to take care of the earth even before Adam. You give your opinion without nailing the scriptures. You mention the angels who left heaven to cohabitate with humans, but that was AFTER Adam had sinned and brought death on us all.

There is nothing to show that the earth was created complete with everything for humans and then was dark and void. God started creating the earth from a dark and void mass and continued to form it into a habitable place for humans to live. He did not make a previous earth; there is nothing to show us that he did. This is the only earth he made. Anything else is your opinion, and it's not founded on anything. Genesis 1:1 does not say anything about the earth being "very good." You added that.

Do you believe that in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth?

Do you believe that everything God created was very good?

If you answer yes to both of these questions, then the earth was created as complete and very good in Genesis 1:1!
Yes I believe that God created the heavens and the earth. Everything he created was very good. Yet the earth wasn't fully created at first.

Why do you not believe that the earth was completed created in Genesis 1:1?
Because it doesn't say that there. You are ADDING to the Scriptures. It goes on to say how He formed the earth, in the beginning.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

When did God create the earth?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1562

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:25 pm
Now I know exactly what? God did not neglect the earth, and continued to form it into something habitable by man.

And it came to be void, empty, and dark over time due to neglect resulting when angels assigned to maintain the earth rebelled under the ruler of the earth, which was Satan:

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. (Jude 1:6)

God then returned to the earth and began the re-creation of a decimated earth beginning in Genesis 1:3.

Man has 6,000 years to maintain the earth from that point and learn that the best way to do things is by obeying Gods commandments.

Several translations of the scriptures use the word "now" to indicate a time lapse between verses one and two:

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (Genesis 1:2 NIV)
I asked you what scriptures can you point me to to show that God assigned angels to take care of the earth even before Adam. You give your opinion without nailing the scriptures. You mention the angels who left heaven to cohabitate with humans, but that was AFTER Adam had sinned and brought death on us all.

There is nothing to show that the earth was created complete with everything for humans and then was dark and void. God started creating the earth from a dark and void mass and continued to form it into a habitable place for humans to live. He did not make a previous earth; there is nothing to show us that he did. This is the only earth he made. Anything else is your opinion, and it's not founded on anything. Genesis 1:1 does not say anything about the earth being "very good." You added that.

If you answer yes to both of these questions, then the earth was created as complete and very good in Genesis 1:1!
Yes I believe that God created the heavens and the earth. Everything he created was very good. Yet the earth wasn't fully created at first.

Because it doesn't say that there. You are ADDING to the Scriptures. It goes on to say how He formed the earth, in the beginning.

In the beginning. And the text goes on to tell how he did it, starting with the earth being devoid of life and a mass of darkness and water.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1563

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:49 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:25 pm

In the beginning. And the text goes on to tell how he did it, starting with the earth being devoid of life and a mass of darkness and water.

Did the earth exist before the beginning?

If not, then God did not start the creation of the earth with an earth that was "devoid of life and a mass of darkness and water."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1564

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #1563]

No, the earth did not exist before the beginning.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1565

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:45 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #1563]

Then the starting point for creating the original earth could not be an earth that was "devoid of life and a mass of darkness and water" as you claim, because that earth did not exist at that time.

Another possibility is that God created the earth as very good in in the first verse of the Bible:

This would be in line with the following verse:

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:31)

If God created the earth very good in Genesis 1:1 as stated in Genesis 1:31, then it had to have become without form, empty, and dark as described in Genesis 1:2 over time.

Now the earth was formless and empty; darkness was over the surface of the deep... (Genesis 1:2)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1566

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:38 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:45 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #1563]

Then the starting point for creating the original earth could not be an earth that was "devoid of life and a mass of darkness and water" as you claim, because that earth did not exist at that time.

Another possibility is that God created the earth as very good in in the first verse of the Bible:

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:31)

If God created the earth very good in Genesis 1:1 as stated in Genesis 1:31, then it had to have become without form, empty, and dark as described in Genesis 1:2 over time.

Now the earth was formless and empty; darkness was over the surface of the deep... (Genesis 1:2)
God began forming the earth from a dark watery mass and continued to create a good place for humans to live. It started from a void and formless mass of earth and God kept creating until man was created from the dust and began living on a completed earth.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1567

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:32 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:38 pm

God began forming the earth from a dark watery mass and continued to create a good place for humans to live. It started from a void and formless mass of earth and God kept creating until man was created from the dust and began living on a completed earth.

Every thing God created was seen to be very good by God.

But you claim that God had to continue working on the earth before it reached even a "good" state.

I'll have to side with God on this one also, and accept that you are wrong once again.

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #1568

Post by TheHolyGhost »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:26 pm JESUS IS NOT GOD
Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore,
and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

What is the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost?

Is Jesus Christ, the name of the Father,

If not then what is it?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1569

Post by myth-one.com »

TheHolyGhost wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:24 pm
Go ye therefore,
and teach all nations,

The name of the Father is Jehovah.

The name of the only begotten son is Jesus Christ.

The name of the Holy Ghost is Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit.

TheHolyGhost wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:24 pm Is Jesus Christ, the name of the Father,

If not then what is it?
See the above highlighted in green.

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #1570

Post by TheHolyGhost »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:10 am
TheHolyGhost wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:24 pm
Go ye therefore,
and teach all nations,

The name of the Father is Jehovah.

The name of the only begotten son is Jesus Christ.

The name of the Holy Ghost is Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit.

TheHolyGhost wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:24 pm Is Jesus Christ, the name of the Father,

If not then what is it?
See the above highlighted in green.
Which one of those 3 names were you baptized?