What do JWs know?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2ndpillar2
Sage

What do JWs know?

Post #1

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

I just had two JWs come to my house. They said that they do not believe in the Trinity, yet they were quoting from a bible whose canon was produced by Athanasius in 367 A.D., the same guy who was the main proponent of the Trinity doctrine at Constantine's Council of Nicaea. They apparently did not know that Athanasius produced the canon they used, and that he proposed doctrine which is opposite of what they believe. Is this a one off, or is lack of historical context part of the JWs normal routine? They gave their quote of the day, Rev 21:4, without context, and didn't know that Rev 22:15 applied to the same Jerusalem, and that those "who practice lying" would not "enter". As soon as I told them, they turned and walked quickly away. The second time in around so many weeks, that JWs came, and quickly walked away when confronted with their inconsistencies.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: What do JWs know?

Post #11

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

TheHolyGhost wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:11 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:10 pm
TheHolyGhost wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:49 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:55 pm What do JWs know?
They know how to commit sin.
But, do they know the difference between wickedness and righteousness? (Malachi 3:18)
Why don't you join them and find out.
If they are lawless (Mt 13:41 & Mt 7:23), there is no reason to investigate further. As with "Christians" in general, they carry the mark of the beast, and not the mark of God. As with the JWs who come to my house, they flee when presented with the truth of the matter. They apparently aren't that organized, because different JWs keep coming back. They give their singular quotes out of context, which with the slightest investigation, are simply something taken out of context, which doesn't actually apply to them. They have simply been "deceived" by the "beast with two horns like a lamb" (Rev 13:14), and their own false prophets (Mt 7:13-15). They have made prophecies which have not come to pass. That should be a hint of malfeasance.