Other sheep - Little flock

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

Other sheep - Little flock

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

What Scripture says the “other sheep” are the great crowd?

What Scripture says the “little flock” are the 144,000?

I can find no Scripture that says “great crowd of other sheep,” nor can I find a verse which says the “little flock of 144,000.
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Re: Other sheep - Little flock

Post #41

Post by TheHolyGhost »

MissKate13 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:19 am What Scripture says the “other sheep” are the great crowd?

I can find no Scripture that says “great crowd of other sheep,” nor can I find a verse which says the “little flock of 144,000.
You better start trying to find the strait gate.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #42

Post by MissKate13 »

Can you answer my OP questions?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #43

Post by myth-one.com »

MissKate13 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:19 am What Scripture says the “other sheep” are the great crowd?

Christianity divides mankind into two groups -- believers and nonbelievers.

The little flock consists of the believers in Jesus and the great crowd consists of the nonbelievers:

Matthew 14:

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. (Matthew 7:13-14)

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. (Luke 12:32)

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #44

Post by TheHolyGhost »

MissKate13 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:28 am Can you answer my OP questions?
Not only can I answer them, but I can answer them correctly.

Is there a correct answer for it?

MissKate13
Sage

Post #45

Post by MissKate13 »

Post your answer to my OP question on the forum for all to see please.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #46

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #43]

“What Scripture says the “other sheep” are the great crowd?”

NONE

“What Scripture says the “little flock” are the 144,000?”

NONE

“I can find no Scripture that says “great crowd of other sheep,” nor can I find a verse which says the “little flock of 144,000.”

BECAUSE NO SCRIPTURE SAYS THESE THINGS!

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #47

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

The "one shepherd" refers to Ezekiel 34, and that shepherd is identified as "David". This is to happen after everyone is judged, starting with the "fat shepherds" who are to be destroyed. The "other sheep" of John 10:16 , would refer to the lost sheep of the house of Israel/Ephraim per Matthew 10:6, who are according to Ezekiel 36, to be gathered out of the nations, and according to Ezekiel 37, Ephraim/Israel is to be joined with Judah under David, on the land given to Jacob/Israel. I think the Mormons claim the American natives are of this fold, but according to their writings, they are descendants of Judah. As for the 144,000, according to Revelation 14:3-4, the 144,000 didn't touch women or have a lie on their tongue. That kind of eliminates the JWs and the Mormons, being of any fold other that among the fold of the "deceived" (Rev 13:14).
"

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #48

Post by myth-one.com »

MissKate13 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:50 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #43]

“What Scripture says the “little flock” are the 144,000?”

NONE
That's because the little flock is not the 144,000.

The "little flock" is identified in Luke 12:32 as those who will be given the kingdom, which are those who believe in Jesus as their Savior:

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. (Luke 12:32)

So the little flock is the believers.

Gee, what does that leave as the "other sheep"?

MissKate13
Sage

Post #49

Post by MissKate13 »

The other sheep are the Gentiles.

Jews and Gentiles are the one fold. Jesus, the one shepherd, brought the Gentiles into His sheep fold beginning with Cornelius and his household.

“And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.” (John 10:16)

tam
Savant

Post #50

Post by tam »

Peace to you MIssKate13.

I realized I never responded to this post, so...
MissKate13 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:21 am
tam wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:09 pm Peace to you,
The other sheep that Christ said He had to call are Christian and are, therefore, part of the Great Crowd (at Rev 7).
When Jesus said “other sheep” in John 10:16, He was referring to the Gentiles. ...

Or Jaheshua was simply referring to more than just those sheep He was calling then and there (Jews - descended from the tribes of Judah and Benjamin). He had OTHER sheep to call as well and would do so. Either way, it is not a separate 'class' of Christians, as some teach.

If we want to know what is true on this or any other matter, we should turn and listen to the One who IS the Truth: Christ Jaheshua.
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
When Jesus said “this fold,” He was referring to the Jews who believed Him.. The other sheep were the Gentiles who obeyed the gospel call. Cornelius and his household were the first Gentiles to enter into the one flock.
Keep in mind that Israel is more than just the Jews. Jews are two portions of Israel (Judah and Benjamin). There are ten other portions (tribes) of Israel, and the Samaritans came from these tribes. Because Jews did not accept Samaritans, they may have considered Samaritans to be Gentiles, but Samaritans are also Israel.

Regardless, the Body of Christ is made up of people from ALL tribes, nations, tongues, and people. Jew, Samaritan (also Israel), and Gentile (non-Israel people).

The 144 000 are descended from the tribes of Israel listed in Revelation. These are the ones from Israel that God reserved for Himself. These ones can be counted because God set that number.
The number 144,000 is not to be taken literally. Most of Revelation is written in the figurative sense. I believe the 144,000 are the “great crowd.” And they are in heaven, not so-called Paradise earth. They are standing before the throne of God.
The 144 000 are part of the Great Crowd that is standing before the throne of God.

From what I have understood from my dear Lord, the 144 000 is a literal number. God has reserved for Himself 144 000 people from literal Israel (12 000 from each of the 12 listed tribes.) John heard that number and what it was made up of very specifically while He was in the spirit. But after he heard that number - as a dear sister shared as she received from Christ - John then LOOKED and saw the Great Crowd that no one could number made up of EVERY tribe, people, nation, tongue. The 144 000 (12 tribes) are a part of that great crowd (made up of EVERY tribe.)

And in John's vision, yes, this Great Crowd standing before the throne of God. All of them.

(Keep in mind that the Bride (the Body of Christ; Christians) also comes down out of heaven.

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. Revelation 21:2-3

The Bride has access to both the spiritual and the physical realms. She can be upon the earth and she can come before the Father in heaven. Even the angels can move in and out of the spiritual realm - why would Christ and His Bride not have the same freedom?)

Peace again to you!
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)