Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #3031

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:04 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #3029]

What does the prefix "re" mean?

If you don't know, look it up.
It can mean more than one thing, as the dictionary advises. "Replenish": "fill; store or stock."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #3032

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #3031]

The time for paradise is close. The signs that Jesus said would occur just before the Great Tribulation are all evident. (Matthew 24:7-15)

"When you see all these things, know that he is near at the doors." (Matthew 24:33)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #3033

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:04 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #3029]

What does the prefix "re" mean?

If you don't know, look it up.

What you're best guess as to what it means in the following word:

replenish (verb) -- restore to a former level or condition.

Capbook
Apprentice

Post #3034

Post by Capbook »

TheHolyGhost wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:41 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 am When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

The is going to be no such thing as a restored earth.
No where in all the bible is that claimed by anyone.

NT:3857 parádeisos [paradise]
EDNT define paradise as mentioned in Rev 2:7, for all the victor sayings have an eschatological thrust, and the fruit of the tree of life is a privilege of the last paradise (cf. Jerusalem in 22:1-2, Jerusalem being the center of the renewed earth).
(from Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, abridged edition, Copyright © 1985 by William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. All rights reserved.)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #3035

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:56 pm
TheHolyGhost wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:41 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 am When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

The is going to be no such thing as a restored earth.
No where in all the bible is that claimed by anyone.
It is obvious throughout the Bible. In the book of Isaiah alone are many references to what the earth will be like after Jesus comes back and the earth is a Paradise again. (Isaiah 11:6-9; Isaiah 35:1-7; Isaiah 45:18; Isaiah 55:12,13; Isaiah 65:17, 21-25) There is also Ecclesiastes 1:4 and Matthew 5:5 and many more.

Wootah
Savant

Post #3036

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #3035]

Does God put new wine in old wineskins?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Capbook
Apprentice

Post #3037

Post by Capbook »

Wootah wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:28 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #3035]

Does God put new wine in old wineskins?
I believe God would, to those who overcomes God will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God. And as EDNT define paradise as mentioned in Rev 2:7;
"for all the victor sayings have an eschatological thrust, and the fruit of the tree of life is a privilege of the last paradise (cf. Jerusalem in 22:1-2, Jerusalem being the center of the renewed earth).
(from Theological Dictionary of the New Testament)