Why didn't Paul write about what Jesus said and did? Or can you show us that he

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

oldbadger
Guru

Why didn't Paul write about what Jesus said and did? Or can you show us that he

Post #1

Post by oldbadger »

Paul DID constantly explain the communion and the resurrection of Jesus....yes he did.

But he didn't seem to write anything about the life and times of Jesus......... Can you tell us why?

Maybe he didn't think that the words and actions of Jesus were that important?

The Tanager
Savant

Re: Why didn't Paul write about what Jesus said and did? Or can you show us that he

Post #111

Post by The Tanager »

[Replying to TRANSPONDER in post #110]

We were disagreeing on what Paul thinks about his experience. You think it was a vision; I think it had extra-mental aspects to it so that while it wasn’t the same as the appearances to Peter and others, it is still different from being a vision.

You are wanting to further apply our discussion to your case for debunking the resurrection, but I was only talking about what type of experience Paul's claiming to have.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Re: Why didn't Paul write about what Jesus said and did? Or can you show us that he

Post #112

Post by TRANSPONDER »

The Tanager wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:19 am [Replying to TRANSPONDER in post #110]

We were disagreeing on what Paul thinks about his experience. You think it was a vision; I think it had extra-mental aspects to it so that while it wasn’t the same as the appearances to Peter and others, it is still different from being a vision.

You are wanting to further apply our discussion to your case for debunking the resurrection, but I was only talking about what type of experience Paul's claiming to have.
Well I am adressing the only relevance I can see to the discussion - whether the I Cor 15 resurrection appearances were the Gospel ones. I argue they are not, and whatever has going on in Paul's head appears to be what is going on in the heads of those he mentions.

As I say you can discuss any aspect of it you wish, but I just address the oft -heard argument that Paul is providing evidence for the solid - body resurrection as in the gospels.