What is the name above all names?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Re: What is the name above all names?

Post #201

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #200]

You literally replied to the not related part and ignored the post.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #202

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:39 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #200]

You made an issue out of God's name being correct or not. I did not ignore the post.

Wootah
Savant

Post #203

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:38 am

You made an issue out of God's name being correct or not. I did not ignore the post.
Not related: Yes I can see the humour in no one knowing the pronunciation of YHWH.
Whatever ....

Can you comment on the actual post?

Suppose there was a contest to win a million dollars and all you had to do was call a number and say the name of YHWH.

Now imagine that, you call out to YHWH and win a million dollars. AND this isn't even hidden, there is a book, you can call out that number anytime.

Now suppose someone hid that name and added words to the book and said now instead of YHWH you use my name Jesus.

Would it work when you call the number and get a million dollars or would the voice say 'Thanks for calling the win a million hot line sorry that name is incorrect.'?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #204

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:13 pm

Not related: Yes I can see the humour in no one knowing the pronunciation of YHWH.
Whatever ....

Suppose there was a contest to win a million dollars and all you had to do was call a number and say the name of YHWH.

Now imagine that, you call out to YHWH and win a million dollars. AND this isn't even hidden, there is a book, you can call out that number anytime.

Now suppose someone hid that name and added words to the book and said now instead of YHWH you use my name Jesus.

Would it work when you call the number and get a million dollars or would the voice say 'Thanks for calling the win a million hot line sorry that name is incorrect.'?
To get the million dollars you would have to say the name YHWH. Therefore, "Jesus" wouldn't get you the million dollars.

Wootah
Savant

Post #205

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:32 am

Whatever ....

To get the million dollars you would have to say the name YHWH. Therefore, "Jesus" wouldn't get you the million dollars.
Romans10: 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
So which name are you calling on to be saved?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #206

Post by kjw47 »

Wootah wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:49 am
Philippians 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

That did not include Gods name. The name Jesus is above every other name, but not Gods name. Jesus showed all in the Lords prayer, his Fathers name is the #1 issue for all involved.

Wootah
Savant

Post #207

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #206]

Are you a Christian? You are making the Bible a liar.

If I have ten bricks and I gave you the top brick which brick are you getting? The top or the second from the top?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #208

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:54 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:32 am

Whatever ....

Romans10: 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
So which name are you calling on to be saved?
Romans says that you must call on the name of Jesus. Joel says that you must call on the name of YHWH, and Peter quoted it. BOTH are necessary, obviously.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #209

Post by kjw47 »

Wootah wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:44 pm [Replying to kjw47 in post #206]

Are you a Christian? You are making the Bible a liar.

If I have ten bricks and I gave you the top brick which brick are you getting? The top or the second from the top?
All who know bible truth, know--God who is greater than Jesus -gave Jesus the name above other names. Thus all know 100% it is never above Gods name.
See Jesus teaches--The Father is GREATER than i. So its obvious the name Jesus is not above his Fathers name-YHVH(Jehovah) Jesus represents his Fathers name in all things.