No man knows who the Son is, but the Father.

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Stewardofthemystery
Student

No man knows who the Son is, but the Father.

Post #1

Post by Stewardofthemystery »

Jesus said in Luke 10:22
All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father”

The reason many debate, argue, and don’t understand the identity of Jesus is because the Father has to reveal this mystery to you. So if no man knows who the Son is, why take a man’s word for it?

Truth is both the Father and the Son agree on the identity of Jesus. Here is the Truth….

Matthew 16:15-17
King James Version
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.”

So Jesus (the Son of God) agrees with the Father that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God”

The testimony of God is greater than the testimony of men. Peace and God bless

Capbook
Scholar

Re: No man knows who the Son is, but the Father.

Post #11

Post by Capbook »

Stewardofthemystery wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:59 am Capbook said “You've said, "The symbolic language found in the book of Revelation is a good example. The mark of the man/beast is a good example of a mystery that many still do not understand, even if it we’re told to them by someone who God had revealed this to by His Spirit".

May we know that someone (highlighted) you've mentioned about?
Thanks.(end quote)

Sure, that someone is anyone of God’s elect whom God has revealed this mystery to by His Spirit. I am one of those whom God has revealed this mystery to by His Spirit, but like the scriptures say, the natural man cannot and will not receive the testimony of the Spirit.
Symbolic language I believe would results to various interpretations. If you are one of those of whom God has revealed that mystery, would it affect our salvation?

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Post #12

Capbook wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:03 am
Stewardofthemystery wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:59 am Capbook said “You've said, "The symbolic language found in the book of Revelation is a good example. The mark of the man/beast is a good example of a mystery that many still do not understand, even if it we’re told to them by someone who God had revealed this to by His Spirit".

Thanks.(end quote)

Sure, that someone is anyone of God’s elect whom God has revealed this mystery to by His Spirit. I am one of those whom God has revealed this mystery to by His Spirit, but like the scriptures say, the natural man cannot and will not receive the testimony of the Spirit.
Symbolic language I believe would results to various interpretations. If you are one of those of whom God has revealed that mystery, would it affect our salvation?
The symbolic language has resulted in various interpretations of carnally minded men to their own corruption. But there is only one true interpretation that belongs to God and to whom God reveals it to by His Spirit.

Having the mark of the man/beast would affect one’s salvation, if that is what you are asking. But if you are asking by not understanding all the mysteries in Gods words, will that affect salvation, I don’t believe so.

Being given wisdom and understanding into the many mysteries found in Gods words is a gift from God, but not all the saints are given the same gifts, or the same measure of those gifts.

Peace

MissKate13
Sage

Post #13

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to Stewardofthemystery in post #2]

The only way the Holy Spirit reveals truth to us is through His inspired word. He does not speak to us personally. When we pray with an honest and sincere heart for understanding, the Lord will provide. Sadly, many are looking for answers that will validate their beliefs rather than seeking God’s truth. None of us are immune from that kind of seeking.

We must always pray for God to show us HIS truth, not ours. He will lead us to it in His time through HIS word.

Have a blessed day!
Kate
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Post #14

MissKate13 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:40 am [Replying to Stewardofthemystery in post #2]

The only way the Holy Spirit reveals truth to us is through His inspired word. He does not speak to us personally. When we pray with an honest and sincere heart for understanding, the Lord will provide. Sadly, many are looking for answers that will validate their beliefs rather than seeking God’s truth. None of us are immune from that kind of seeking.

We must always pray for God to show us HIS truth, not ours. He will lead us to it in His time through HIS word.

Have a blessed day!
Kate
God has spoken to individuals personally in the past, like the OT prophets, so God can speak to whomsoever He wants to in the present or the future depending on His will.

The Holy Spirit is given to guide us into all Truth, and to give us an understanding into the written inspired words of God. But the Holy Spirit also testifies of what the Son has revealed to Him of the Father.

This is the Living Word of God in us, or Christ in us.

John 16:13-15
King James Version
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.”

Peace

Tcg
Savant

Post #15

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Stewardofthemystery in post #1]

Moderator Clarification

Please take note of the following rule:

3. When you start a new topic in a debate subforum, it must state a clearly defined question(s) for debate.

Pease clearly state a question for debate or this topic will be moved to Random Ramblings.

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Post #16

Tcg wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:37 am [Replying to Stewardofthemystery in post #1]

Moderator Clarification

Please take note of the following rule:

3. When you start a new topic in a debate subforum, it must state a clearly defined question(s) for debate.

Pease clearly state a question for debate or this topic will be moved to Random Ramblings.

That’s fine, I’ll leave. Just delete my account.
Thanks in advance.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #17

Post by MissKate13 »

Stewardofthemystery wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:19 am
God has spoken to individuals personally in the past, like the OT prophets, so God can speak to whomsoever He wants to in the present or the future depending on His will.
Thank you for your response! I appreciate the discussion.

Yes, the Holy Spirit spoke to the prophets in times past, but God makes it clear that we are to listen to His Son now (Hebrews 1:1-2; Luke 9:35).
The Holy Spirit is given to guide us into all Truth, and to give us an understanding into the written inspired words of God. But the Holy Spirit also testifies of what the Son has revealed to Him of the Father.
Jesus told His Apostles that the Holy Spirit would guide THEM into all truth (John 16:13). His promise was to THEM alone. God will give us understanding when we ask, but He does not give private messages or new revelations to individuals. No one today speaks by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Many have claimed to (Joseph Smith, Charles Taze Russell, Ellen White, etc.) but that doesn’t make it true.

I mean no disrespect to you. I simply disagree.

Be blessed,
Kate
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

Tcg
Savant

Post #18

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Stewardofthemystery in post #16]

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #19

Post by onewithhim »

Thanks.(end quote)

Tell me, Steward, what is the reason that you have been selected to be one of God's elect? What are the elect going to be doing after Armageddon? Is there a special agendum in God's mind for those elect?

Tcg
Savant

Post #20

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #19]
Moderator Intervention

This is discussion subforum not for debate.

Thread locked.

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator interventions do not count as a strike against any posters. They are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels that some sort of intervention is required.