Grace (and/or) Belief/Faith (and/or) Works?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

POI
Prodigy

Grace (and/or) Belief/Faith (and/or) Works?

Post #1

Post by POI »

Seems there exists an unresolved topic amongst Christians... Seems as though the way to salvation is not unified among the many in which I engage. I'd wager they all have a case to support their position(s).?.?

For debate: How does one get to Heaven? What is God's criteria for His selection process? Is it by grace alone, belief/faith alone, works alone; or it is a combination of the three? Or is it maybe other? Please, not only present your case, but please also explain why the other asserted methods are incorrect.
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Capbook
Scholar

Re: Grace (and/or) Belief/Faith (and/or) Works?

Post #891

Post by Capbook »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:45 am
Capbook wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:33 am
TRANSPONDER wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:38 am As said before, it is not about what you personally (appealing to Bibletext or not, as though that proved anything) want to go for and believe, but what evidence - based and logical arguments you can post.
The thread is about Grace/Belief/Works, and how to be save. I believe it refer to Biblical teaching.
The forum is a debate forum, not about posting your beliefs and no arguments or evidence for. Preaching without anything more is against Tos.
I am not preaching, my evidence is from the Word of God of which I already had explained, and I know you won't believe my arguments, just like us of yours. And I believe this thread refers to Biblical teachings.

Capbook
Scholar

Post #892

Post by Capbook »

POI wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:23 am
Capbook wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:31 am If there's a choice G) Eph 2:8-10 to believers and Romans 2:14 to not able to believe. I'll go for it.
As I've said again my belief is not confined to your specific made choices.
Option F) is already listed as 'something else'. You want me to mark you down for that option?
If you would allow, I'll prefer my suggested option that some readers might have the same belief like mine. Could select a specific option.

Thanks.

POI
Prodigy

Post #893

Post by POI »

Capbook wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:57 am
Capbook wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:31 am If there's a choice G) Eph 2:8-10 to believers and Romans 2:14 to not able to believe. I'll go for it.
Option F) is already listed as 'something else'. You want me to mark you down for that option?
If you would allow, I'll prefer my suggested option that some readers might have the same belief like mine. Could select a specific option.

Thanks.
All, who have read the Bible, and who are also believers, do not agree with you. Which, again, demonstrates my point. Even if you are ready and willing, the Bible is not clear to the path for salvation. Is God actually pleased with his provided communication?

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #894

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Capbook wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:53 am
TRANSPONDER wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:38 am As said before, it is not about what you personally (appealing to Bibletext or not, as though that proved anything) want to go for and believe, but what evidence - based and logical arguments you can post.
The thread is about Grace/Belief/Works, and how to be save. I believe it refer to Biblical teaching.
The forum is a debate forum, not about posting your beliefs and no arguments or evidence for. Preaching without anything more is against Tos.
I am not preaching, my evidence is from the Word of God of which I already had explained, and I know you won't believe my arguments, just like us of yours. And I believe this thread refers to Biblical teachings.
Not preaching yet, but just quoting Bibletext and faithclaims with no argument comes close. It's friendly suggestions to do a bit more. What you and i believe or don't doesn't matter, but the discussions we make, that, and not Bible teachings, is what the forum is about.

Capbook
Scholar

Post #895

Post by Capbook »

POI wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:06 am

Thanks.
All, who have read the Bible, and who are also believers, do not agree with you. Which, again, demonstrates my point. Even if you are ready and willing, the Bible is not clear to the path for salvation. Is God actually pleased with his provided communication?
Of course, there are those who may not agree with me, we differs, proven to your made choices.
I believe God completely written all for man's salvation. We have just finite minds and differs in understanding.

Capbook
Scholar

Post #896

Post by Capbook »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:05 am
Not preaching yet, but just quoting Bibletext and faithclaims with no argument comes close. It's friendly suggestions to do a bit more. What you and i believe or don't doesn't matter, but the discussions we make, that, and not Bible teachings, is what the forum is about.
It was just on that post that I summarized my explanation, if you read our prior exchanges you may see my explanation of my beliefs basing on the quoted Bible text.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #897

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Capbook wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:57 am
It was just on that post that I summarized my explanation, if you read our prior exchanges you may see my explanation of my beliefs basing on the quoted Bible text.
Very well. The point is made that citing Bibletext as a basis for faith or citing faith as support for Bibletext gets us nowhere and comes close to preaching.

Explanations as to why you trust either are welcome.

POI
Prodigy

Post #898

Post by POI »

Capbook wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:51 am

Thanks.
Of course, there are those who may not agree with me, we differs, proven to your made choices.
I believe God completely written all for man's salvation. We have just finite minds and differs in understanding.
Then the answer should be A), shouldn't it?

Capbook
Scholar

Post #899

Post by Capbook »

POI wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:59 am
Capbook wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:51 am

Thanks.
Then the answer should be A), shouldn't it?
My reply you highlighted does not fit to A).
G) If you would allow. As my belief just don't fit to just one of your made choices.

Capbook
Scholar

Post #900

Post by Capbook »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:21 am
Capbook wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:57 am
Very well. The point is made that citing Bibletext as a basis for faith or citing faith as support for Bibletext gets us nowhere and comes close to preaching.

Explanations as to why you trust either are welcome.
Of course my belief in God and to where my argument is from His teachings. Just like you, your belief (faith) is from some scientists who believe that their mind can grasp truth. You believe in science, you believe that God doesn't exist. That is not the only irony that atheism offer of no ground for faith that they themselves cannot do without.