Why Was Satan . . .

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Why Was Satan . . .

Post #1

Post by Miles »

. . . given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?

............................. Image

Couldn't god have done it without Satan's help?

Capbook
Scholar

Re: Why Was Satan . . .

Post #81

Post by Capbook »

onewithhim wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:31 am
Capbook wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:10 am
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:52 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:23 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 pm The sheep and the evil "goats" will be resurrected according to the scriptures as inspired by God:

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (I Corinthians 15:22)

All = Every one.

I'll side with God's claim on this issue.

Not only do the scriptures confirm that all will be resurrected, they also state the order in which all will be resurrected.

Jesus was first, then deceased believers will be resurrected at the Second Coming, then deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected a thousand years after the Second Coming!

Jesus, plus deceased believers, plus deceased nonbelievers, equals all of mankind who died will be resurrected!
onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 pm
Not every one. The verse says " in Christ all will be made alive." There is a conditional aspect of raising the dead.

The only conditional aspect is that one must be dead to be resurrected.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22-23)

All, every human who ever died, will be resurrected or made alive again. Jesus Christ was the first to be resurrected or made alive. The group that will be resurrected next are all dead Christians, "they that are Christ's", which will be resurrected at the Second Coming, or at His coming.

Dead nonbelievers will be resurrected after the 1,000 year Millennium:

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. . . . (Revelation 20:5)
That means that all the rest of the dead will be in line for everlasting life after the thousand years. Not that they will be resurrected then.
You say, "Not that they will be resurrected then".
May I know who you refer that word they?
The ones who take part in the second resurrection, those who will be living on the earth forever, in paradise conditions. They are ready to live forever after they pass the last test that Satan brings upon them at the end of the thousand years. That is what it means when it says they "come alive" at the end of the Millennial Reign.
I believe it is the partakers of the first resurrection who will be living on earth forever. And those partakers of the second resurrection (verse 8) nations deceived by Satan to compassed the camp of the saints (saved) in the Holy City (New Jerusalem) coming down after a thousand years. The wicked, Satan and demons will be destroyed by the lake of fire. And Rev 21:4 No more death etc and in Rev 2:7 in the paradise of God.

Rev 20:6-10
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Rev 21:4
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #82

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:52 am
myth-one.com wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 pm The sheep and the evil "goats" will be resurrected according to the scriptures as inspired by God:

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (I Corinthians 15:22)

All = Every one.

Not only do the scriptures confirm that all will be resurrected, they also state the order in which all will be resurrected.

Jesus was first, then deceased believers will be resurrected at the Second Coming, then deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected a thousand years after the Second Coming!

Jesus, plus deceased believers, plus deceased nonbelievers, equals all of mankind who died will be resurrected!
Not every one. The verse says " in Christ all will be made alive." There is a conditional aspect of raising the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22-23)

All, every human who ever died, will be resurrected or made alive again. Jesus Christ was the first to be resurrected or made alive. The group that will be resurrected next are all dead Christians, "they that are Christ's", which will be resurrected at the Second Coming, or at His coming.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. . . . (Revelation 20:5)
That means that all the rest of the dead will be in line for everlasting life after the thousand years. Not that they will be resurrected then.
That's funny.

How can the dead stand in a line, or do anything else without first being resurrected back to life?
They will be resurrected during the Thousand Years. Then they live to the end of the Thousand Years and have the privilege of deciding to go with the devil or God. If they go with God they will be in line for eternal life. That is what "come to life" means. Eternal life.

Capbook
Scholar

Post #83

Post by Capbook »

onewithhim wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:02 pm

All = Every one.

That's funny.

How can the dead stand in a line, or do anything else without first being resurrected back to life?
They will be resurrected during the Thousand Years. Then they live to the end of the Thousand Years and have the privilege of deciding to go with the devil or God. If they go with God they will be in line for eternal life. That is what "come to life" means. Eternal life.
I believe that's more funny.
I presented verses, may I know what verses you based those?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #84

Post by onewithhim »

Capbook wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:09 am

All = Every one.

That's funny.

Revelation 20:4-9.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #85

Post by myth-one.com »

They will be resurrected during the Thousand Years.

According to the Bible, no one will be resurrected during the millennium. The Millennium is a sabbath period of rest.

Every human is either a believer or a nonbeliever. All believers will be resurrected at the Second Coming:

The rest of the dead are nonbelievers and will be resurrected after the Millennion:

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.. . (Revelation 20:5)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #86

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:19 pm

According to the Bible, no one will be resurrected during the millennium. The Millennium is a sabbath period of rest.

Every human is either a believer or a nonbeliever. All believers will be resurrected at the Second Coming:

The rest of the dead are nonbelievers and will be resurrected after the Millennion:

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.. . (Revelation 20:5)
Explain to me where you get the idea that "no one will be resurrected during the Millenium." Show me that that is true. The rest of the dead, other than those who reign with Christ in heaven, will "come to life" after their faithfulness to God and Christ at the end of the Millenium when Satan tries to take with him whomever he can. That means that the people who stay with God will now have the privilege of eternal life, because they are faithful. That's what "come to life" means. The true, unending life. It is theirs because they chose to recognize God's sovereignty and stay with Him, despite what the Devil tried to do.

The American Standard Version renders Rev.20:5 as: "The rest of the dead lived not until the thousand years should be finished." They didn't have the real, everlasting life until they stood on God's side after Satan's final attack. They could now have the life that will not end.

The NASB renders it as: The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed." They will come to everlasting life after they prove themselves faithful.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #87

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:05 pm

Explain to me where you get the idea that "no one will be resurrected during the Millenium."
Every human who ever died will be resurrected.

Believers in Christ (they that are Christ's) will be resurrected at the Second Coming.

Do you accept that truth?

Christianity divides mankind into two groups -- those that believe in Christ as their Savior and those that do not believe in Jesus.

After all deceased believers in Christ are resurrected at the Second Coming, all of those humans who remain dead are the nonbelievers.

So "the rest of the dead" are the nonbelievers. And they will be resurrected to human life after the Millennium:

Do you now understand that believers will be resurrected before the Millennium and nonbelievers will all be resurrected after the Millenium and this accounts for all mankind? No one is said to be resurrected during the Millennium sabbath of rest.

onewithhim wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:05 pm The rest of the dead, other than those who reign with Christ in heaven, will "come to life" after their faithfulness to God and Christ at the end of the Millenium when Satan tries to take with him whomever he can.
Absolutely none of those resurrected after the Millennium were faithful to God and Christ. ALL resurrected after the Millenium are nonbelievers!!
onewithhim wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:05 pm That means that the people who stay with God will now have the privilege of eternal life, because they are faithful. That's what "come to life" means.
"Comes to life" means resurrected.
onewithhim wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:05 pmThe true, unending life. It is theirs because they chose to recognize God's sovereignty and stay with Him, despite what the Devil tried to do.
Those resurrected after the Millennium are all headed for judgment and possibly the second death. None of those resurrected after the 1,000 years chose "God's sovereignty and stay with Him."
onewithhim wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:05 pmThe American Standard Version renders Rev.20:5 as: "The rest of the dead lived not until the thousand years should be finished." They didn't have the real, everlasting life until they stood on God's side after Satan's final attack. They could now have the life that will not end.
They will not have everlasting life unless they accept Jesus as their Savior and have their names written in the Book of Life during or after their judgment.

Capbook
Scholar

Post #88

Post by Capbook »

onewithhim wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:38 pm
Capbook wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:09 am

All = Every one.

That's funny.

Revelation 20:4-9.
The wicked will be resurrected after the thousand years. Verse 5, Destroyed in verse 9 & 10.
What verse you based this reply, "Then they live to the end of the Thousand Years and have the privilege of deciding to go with the devil or God".
How could they chose the devil where it will be destroyed in verse 10?
See Barnes' Notes below;

Revelation 20:10
[And shall be tormented day and night forever] Compare the notes on Rev 14:11. All the great enemies of the church are destroyed, and henceforward there is to be no array of hostile forces; no combination of malignant powers against the kingdom of God. The gospel triumphs; the way is prepared for the final consummation.
(from Barnes' Notes)

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.(KJV)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #89

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:45 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:05 pm

Explain to me where you get the idea that "no one will be resurrected during the Millenium."
Every human who ever died will be resurrected.

Believers in Christ (they that are Christ's) will be resurrected at the Second Coming.

Christianity divides mankind into two groups -- those that believe in Christ as their Savior and those that do not believe in Jesus.

After all deceased believers in Christ are resurrected at the Second Coming, all of those humans who remain dead are the nonbelievers.

So "the rest of the dead" are the nonbelievers. And they will be resurrected to human life after the Millennium:

Do you now understand that believers will be resurrected before the Millennium and nonbelievers will all be resurrected after the Millenium and this accounts for all mankind? No one is said to be resurrected during the Millennium sabbath of rest.

onewithhim wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:05 pm The rest of the dead, other than those who reign with Christ in heaven, will "come to life" after their faithfulness to God and Christ at the end of the Millenium when Satan tries to take with him whomever he can.
Absolutely none of those resurrected after the Millennium were faithful to God and Christ. ALL resurrected after the Millenium are nonbelievers!!
onewithhim wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:05 pm That means that the people who stay with God will now have the privilege of eternal life, because they are faithful. That's what "come to life" means.
"Comes to life" means resurrected.
onewithhim wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:05 pmThe true, unending life. It is theirs because they chose to recognize God's sovereignty and stay with Him, despite what the Devil tried to do.
Those resurrected after the Millennium are all headed for judgment and possibly the second death. None of those resurrected after the 1,000 years chose "God's sovereignty and stay with Him."
onewithhim wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:05 pmThe American Standard Version renders Rev.20:5 as: "The rest of the dead lived not until the thousand years should be finished." They didn't have the real, everlasting life until they stood on God's side after Satan's final attack. They could now have the life that will not end.
They will not have everlasting life unless they accept Jesus as their Savior and have their names written in the Book of Life during or after their judgment.
That is correct, and it's what I've been saying as well. One must accept Jesus as Savior and stand for God's sovereignty over the Devil's. That is the final test for mankind. Then they "come to life"---come to eternal life---after the Thousand Years.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #90

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:33 am
One must accept Jesus as Savior and stand for God's sovereignty over the Devil's. That is the final test for mankind. Then they "come to life"---come to eternal life---after the Thousand Years.
Here is what the Bible states:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Any human who believes in Jesus as their Savior will gain everlasting life. There is no "and" yadda, yadda ..., or "final test."

Those who believe will be resurrected to everlasting life at the Second Coming.

All who died not believing in Jesus will be resurrected as humans after the Thousand Years and be preached the good news of the Gospel and choose to accept or reject Jesus as their Savior at that time.