THE FUTURE

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

THE FUTURE

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

Haven't we all, at one time or another, wondered what the future will be like? Experts of men have had a spotty reputation as most of their predictions have proved untrue.

What does the Bible tell us? "The God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed....It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever." (Daniel 2:44, Revised Standard Version)

Is this good news? Of course, when we realize what God's Kingdom is. It is a real government that will replace all of the existing governments on the earth and stand forever. Stability and order will be brought to people on the earth. What will life be like under this government?

NO MORE WAR (Psalm 46:9)
NO MORE SICKNESS (Isaiah 33:24)
NO MORE FOOD SHORTAGE (Psalm 72:16)
NO MORE PAIN, SORROW AND DEATH (Revelation 21:4)

These are just some of the promises made in the Bible about God's Kingdom, and there are more. God has promised all these wonderful things for the future. All righteously inclined people can avail themselves of these promises. Does this sound good to you?

Capbook
Scholar

Re: THE FUTURE

Post #151

Post by Capbook »

onewithhim wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:34 pm
Capbook wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:17 am
onewithhim wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:23 pm
Capbook wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:28 am
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:40 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:34 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:41 am
myth-one.com wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:11 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:37 pm Humans may live forever on this earth after the Great Tribulation and Armageddon and the Thousand Year reign of Christ and his immortal co-rulers. (His co-rulers are the only Christians who need to be anointed with Holy Spirit to live in the spirit realm.)
The spirit realm is the only immortal realm.

God put an age limit of 120 years on the age of any one man.
The spirit realm is not for immortals only.

Then name an immortal natural bodied animal.
onewithhim wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:41 am That has been shown with First Timothy 6:16.
It has been claimed by your incorrect understanding of First Timothy 6:16.
onewithhim wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:41 amAnd that 120 years was not an age limit for men.
It has been confirmed by scientists.
onewithhim wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:41 am People lived many years after that, beyond 120 years. Methuselahlived for approx. 900 years.
Then Methuselah was born prior to the 120 year limit being set in our DNA.
I might be wrong, but I think that Methuselah was born after the Flood.
Methuselah is the grandfather of Noah who built the ark in preparation of the flood.
Methuselah was born before the flood.
That is true. And he died just before the Flood. Now, Noah lived for 350 years after the Flood, so where do the "120 years" come in? It's not man's life span. Man lived for a lot more than 120 years after the Flood.
Noah died when he was 950 years old.
Genesis 9:29 So all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years; and he died.(NKJV)
That goes along with what I said. So why is it said by some that man's lifespan was 120 years?
May I know what verse is that?

MissKate13
Sage

Post #152

Post by MissKate13 »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:38 pm Haven't we all, at one time or another, wondered what the future will be like? Experts of men have had a spotty reputation as most of their predictions have proved untrue.

What does the Bible tell us? "The God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed....It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever." (Daniel 2:44, Revised Standard Version)

Is this good news? Of course, when we realize what God's Kingdom is. It is a real government that will replace all of the existing governments on the earth and stand forever. Stability and order will be brought to people on the earth. What will life be like under this government?

NO MORE WAR (Psalm 46:9)
NO MORE SICKNESS (Isaiah 33:24)
NO MORE FOOD SHORTAGE (Psalm 72:16)
NO MORE PAIN, SORROW AND DEATH (Revelation 21:4)

These are just some of the promises made in the Bible about God's Kingdom, and there are more. God has promised all these wonderful things for the future. All righteously inclined people can avail themselves of these promises. Does this sound good to you?
God has already set up His kingdom here on earth. It is a spiritual kingdom, not physical. The kingdom is His church. Someday, Jesus will come again to judge the world. He will destroy all authority and power. Then He will hand the kingdom (His church) over to God the Father.

Until then, Jesus Christ will reign until He has put all of His enemies under His feet, the last to be destroyed will be death.

(1 Corinthians 15:24-26)

It is ONLY after Jesus takes His kingdom (the church) to heaven that there will be no more wars, sickness, hunger, pain, sorrow or death.

Blessings,
Kate
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

onewithhim
Savant

Post #153

Post by onewithhim »

Capbook wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:14 am
onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:37 pm Humans may live forever on this earth after the Great Tribulation and Armageddon and the Thousand Year reign of Christ and his immortal co-rulers. (His co-rulers are the only Christians who need to be anointed with Holy Spirit to live in the spirit realm.)

onewithhim wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:41 am That has been shown with First Timothy 6:16.
onewithhim wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:41 amAnd that 120 years was not an age limit for men.
onewithhim wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:41 am People lived many years after that, beyond 120 years. Methuselahlived for approx. 900 years.
Methuselah is the grandfather of Noah who built the ark in preparation of the flood.
That is true. And he died just before the Flood. Now, Noah lived for 350 years after the Flood, so where do the "120 years" come in? It's not man's life span. Man lived for a lot more than 120 years after the Flood.
Genesis 9:29 So all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years; and he died.(NKJV)
That goes along with what I said. So why is it said by some that man's lifespan was 120 years?
Genesis 6:3

Capbook
Scholar

Post #154

Post by Capbook »

onewithhim wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:26 am

I believe this is God's gracious warning preach by Noah for 120 years that God will destroy earth through flood.

Genesis 6:13
And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.(KJV)

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

[My spirit shall not always strive] It is only by the influence of the Spirit of God that the carnal mind can be subdued and destroyed, but those who wilfully resist and grieve that Spirit must be ultimately left to the hardness and blindness of their own hearts, if they do not repent and turn to God. God delights in mercy, and therefore a gracious warning is given. Even at this time the earth was ripe for destruction, but God promised them one hundred and twenty years' respite: if they repented in that interim, well; if not, they should be destroyed by a flood. See notes at Gen 6:5.
(from Adam Clarke's Commentary)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #155

Post by onewithhim »

Capbook wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:01 am
onewithhim wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:26 am

I believe this is God's gracious warning preach by Noah for 120 years that God will destroy earth through flood.

Genesis 6:13
And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.(KJV)

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

[My spirit shall not always strive] It is only by the influence of the Spirit of God that the carnal mind can be subdued and destroyed, but those who wilfully resist and grieve that Spirit must be ultimately left to the hardness and blindness of their own hearts, if they do not repent and turn to God. God delights in mercy, and therefore a gracious warning is given. Even at this time the earth was ripe for destruction, but God promised them one hundred and twenty years' respite: if they repented in that interim, well; if not, they should be destroyed by a flood. See notes at Gen 6:5.
(from Adam Clarke's Commentary)
That is what I thought.