Should the name "Holy Huddle Room" be renamed?

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Should the name "Holy Huddle Room" be renamed?

Post #1

Post by otseng »

It has been suggested that the name "Holy Huddle Room" is derogatory by a person who would like to link to this site. I was wondering what other Christians members here thought of this. Should the name "Holy Huddle Room" be renamed to something else? If so, what should it be renamed to?

TQWcS
Scholar

Post #2

Post by TQWcS »

No it shouldn't. I don't see how they find the name derogatory. Perhaps they could provide better reasons for changing it.

Todd
Student

Post #3

Post by Todd »

I don't see whats wrong with the name "Holy Huddle Room" I don't think it needs changing but I guess it could be. Although I have no idea what to call it otherwise

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

I've decided not to change anything in order to be listed on his site. For now, the name "Holy Huddle Room" stays.

BALLS2WALL
Student

Post #5

Post by BALLS2WALL »

I think it is fine, keep it :D

Desert_Rose2
Student

Post #6

Post by Desert_Rose2 »

I think it is derogatory - it is always used in a derogatory way in conversation, anyway.
e.g. ''oh there they are in their holy huddle.''

Something like the Retreat, or Oasis Lounge? might describe the legitimate and needful purpose of it.
But, I'm quite new so probably speaking out of turn.

A practical point - when I was trying to join this group it wasn't on the drop-down list of groups...
I eventually tried 'Christian,' and of course that worked.

StephS
Student

Post #7

Post by StephS »

I think "Holy Huddle Room" is a fine name for this group. I have no problem whatsoever with it.

Chancellor

Post #8

Post by Chancellor »

StephS wrote:I think "Holy Huddle Room" is a fine name for this group. I have no problem whatsoever with it.
It sounds too much like a reference to that ridiculous game Americans have wrongly named "football" (real football is the game the rest of the world plays and actually involves using your foot on the ball).