To my fellow freethinkers

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Rathpig
Sage

To my fellow freethinkers

Post #1

Post by Rathpig »

It seems I have become rather bored with this forum after only a brief sojourn. Does it get any better than the simple theists that I have encountered thus far? My major complaint, and by no means unique to this location, is that the theists run away at the least presentation of evidence. They are a skittish lot.

I feel out of place rehashing the numerous topics that I have throughout my life beat to death, so my thread-starting count has remained low.

Am I missing some element of this forum that is nuanced outside my perceptions?

It seems you have one or two completely psychotic theist fellows and a small contingent of U.S. American Dominionist Patriot Actors. Those are fine categories of fish, but staid in their concepts. The nutters are fun, but not Fun. If you follow my meaning.

Help me here please. Show me your entertainment if at all possible. Are any of the atheists present self-identified as communists, anarchists, or American libertarians so I can at least argue at your expense?

Jayhawker Soule
Sage

Re: To my fellow freethinkers

Post #11

Post by Jayhawker Soule »

Rathpig wrote:Am I missing some element of this forum that is nuanced outside my perceptions?
It does not exist to stroke your ego?

Rathpig
Sage

Post #12

Post by Rathpig »

Jayhawker Soule wrote:
Rathpig wrote:Am I missing some element of this forum that is nuanced outside my perceptions?
It is actually ironic that you would make such a snide comment when in fact I have on occasion found this forum to be very good at stroking my ego. Albeit, it was not my intention to seek a place where I could be cuddled and stroked, I was pleasantly surprised with the reception I have received.

Now I like to think that it was my words and not my ego that created this situation, and actually those who have offered nice compliments seem to be genuine in their nature. I have found everyone here atheist and theist alike to be rather honest and forthright.

Perhaps Jayhawker Soule is not finding his own situation so affirmed?

That is OK, I will offer you a nice hug and a kiss on the check so that you feel better.

Confused
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by Confused »

Rathpig wrote:
Jayhawker Soule wrote:
It is actually ironic that you would make such a snide comment when in fact I have on occasion found this forum to be very good at stroking my ego. Albeit, it was not my intention to seek a place where I could be cuddled and stroked, I was pleasantly surprised with the reception I have received.

Now I like to think that it was my words and not my ego that created this situation, and actually those who have offered nice compliments seem to be genuine in their nature. I have found everyone here atheist and theist alike to be rather honest and forthright.

That is OK, I will offer you a nice hug and a kiss on the check so that you feel better.
Sorry, I can't pass this off.... Too Darn Funny!
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by Cathar1950 »

Confused wrote:
Rathpig wrote:
Jayhawker Soule wrote:

Sorry, I can't pass this off.... Too Darn Funny!
Sounds awefully mushy to me.
But hugs and kisses are always nice.

Rathpig
Sage

Post #15

Post by Rathpig »

What can I say? I'm an egotistical old softy.

Confused
Site Supporter

Post #16

Post by Confused »

Rathpig wrote:What can I say? I'm an egotistical old softy.
Never you. (yeah, right :^o )
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein