Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Discrimination is good

Post #1

Post by Greatest I Am »

I have debated discrimination from both sdes and one of my arguements even I don't like to answer but I eventualy do.
In a sence answering positively or negatively can be correct. One is more correct than the other.
Have Fun

You find yourself on the outside of a space ship.
Two space people are floating away by accident and you can only save the life of one.
They are the same distace away and all other conditions are identical.
Except that one of the space people is of the same race as you. The other is not.

Which one will you save, remembering that all other conditions are the same.

Regards
DL

P.S.
I did not use the polling function because I would like a brief explanation for your decision with your reply.

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Post #61

Post by Greatest I Am »

Nameless wrote:
Greatest I Am wrote:Nameless
If free will does not exist in your reality then how did you decide to respond at all to the post. Did you not chose to?
No decision, no choice. It is my nature, it is who I am, to be here at this moment, typing this. I could have been doing nothing else.
Did you ever make plans and something completely different and wonderful happened? Like this...
It is how the universe is constructed at this moment, it has me typing this. No choices... Thats all just a warm fuzzy feeling and ego strokes.
We don't even have enough information to make the best (or to even know what is 'best' across all lines) 'choices', even if there were 'choices'.
Almost like being a passenger on a great cruise ship; I don't know where it's going, but, I'm having a wondrous time... (Actually, sometimes I do know where it is going..)
I chose to respond.

So do you.

Place your hand over fire and I predict hat you will move your hand away.
Is this me or other forces controling your will or yourself?

This is your free will.

Regards
DL

Nameless

Post #62

Post by Nameless »

Greatest I Am wrote:I chose to respond.
So do you..
Yes, I understand that is what you feel in/as/from your perspective. That is a very common 'belief'. And, perhaps, the 'me' in your mind must conform to your world-view, so we are both 'gods' creating, changing things to our 'will'...
I do not see things like that.
Place your hand over fire and I predict hat you will move your hand away.
Is this me or other forces controling your will or yourself?
Nothing 'controls' anything. There is no 'motion' in Reality, just your 'perspective' sees whay you imagine to be motion. Like the movies. No real 'motion', just perspective. No 'motion', no 'controlling'. Every moment of ever existence is already a done deal, like paintings that only 'perspectives' can see in their unique ways.
Actually, yanking one's hand from the fire is a poor illustration, as that has been shown clearly to be autonomic nervous system.
'Will' = 'ego'/pride...
I do not believe the lies of the ego either.
This is your free will.
This proves nothing with 'free-will'.
There is no such thing in my perspective. I also know too much science (the nightmare of way too many 'philosophers') to even conceive of the possibility of that ego fantasy, 'free-will'. I 'create' nothing, I 'choose' nothing, I do not 'believe' in anything. I 'do' nothing but observe...
I do understand you're thinking that f-w is 'real', as from your perspective, it is 'real' for you.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Re: Discrimination is good

Post #63

Post by OnceConvinced »

Greatest I Am wrote:I have debated discrimination from both sdes and one of my arguements even I don't like to answer but I eventualy do.
In a sence answering positively or negatively can be correct. One is more correct than the other.
Have Fun

Two space people are floating away by accident and you can only save the life of one.
Except that one of the space people is of the same race as you. The other is not.

Regards
DL

P.S.
I did not use the polling function because I would like a brief explanation for your decision with your reply.
ok, then if all conditions are the same ie. sex, age and assuming that I know nothing about the person and what abilities they may or may not have and whether they are nice people or not, then I would go with my race. Simply because I would have more in common with that person.
Last edited by OnceConvinced on Mon May 19, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #64

Post by OnceConvinced »

edit

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Re: Discrimination is good

Post #65

Post by Greatest I Am »

OnceConvinced wrote:
Greatest I Am wrote:I have debated discrimination from both sdes and one of my arguements even I don't like to answer but I eventualy do.
Have Fun

Regards
DL

P.S.
ok, then if all conditions are the same ie. sex, age and assuming that I know nothing about the person and what abilities they may or may not have and whether they are nice people or not, then I would go with my race. Simply because I would have more in common with that person.
The right choice and a good example of positive discrimination. Congrats.
I find it funny that so few will admit to doing the right thing. It must be the preassures of political correctness. They have thrown out the baby with the bath water.

Regards
DL