The Catholic Faith - Class 101

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

JugglingReferee
Student

The Catholic Faith - Class 101

Post #1

Post by JugglingReferee »

This thread is to discuss the basics of the Catholic Faith.

Inside this thread, I will start the discussion of a small number of basic truths about the Catholic Faith. Let's not get too off-topic in those selections, and start a new thread if need be.

The intent is not to evangelize, but to educate.

JugglingReferee
Student

Some Myths

Post #2

At the head of the Catholic Church is Jesus Christ, Son of God the Father.

Catholic do not worship any person. Not Mary, not the Pope, not our parish priest, or anyone in between. We do worship Jesus Christ and accept that He is God incarnate.

Ok, let's talk about the Catholic Mass/Divine Liturgy.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Oh bullfeces, you're asking folks to believe in your interpretation of some outdated scripture, claiming itself to be the new improved version of the jewish scripture

As for me I take the jew's word for it cause they don't hate on folks, and they say, "look, I'm here to tell ya, if you don't like it that's on you."
Whereas every religion that follows says, "them jews got it all wrong and we hate them and we hate this dude and that dude and them folks and those folks and well, you're all going to hell so why even bother."

JugglingReferee
Student

Post #4

Well joey, I don't hate you. In fact, I love you, just as Jesus does. ;)

As I said, I am not here to alter your viewpoint.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by McCulloch »

Moderator Action

Moved to a discussion forum for lack of a debate question. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.
The intent is not to evangelize, but to educate.
The debating threads are for debate not education.

When the moderators feel the rules have been violated, a notice will frequently occur within the thread where the violation occurred, pointing out the violation and perhaps providing other moderator comments. Moderator warnings and comments are made publicly, within the thread, so that all members may see when and how the rules are being interpreted and enforced. However, note that any challenges or replies to moderator comments or warnings should be made via Private Message. This is so that threads do not get derailed into discussions about the rules.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

JugglingReferee
Student

Post #6

Thread abandoned by OP due to being replaced by a thread in a more appropriate forum.