If the blood of christ really washed sins away.

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

catholic crusader
Apprentice

If the blood of christ really washed sins away.

Post #1

Post by catholic crusader »

Now in the old testament god commands his followers to stone many people to death.

Then christ came and said that only those that are free from sins may engage in such merry sport.

Freeing people from having to carry out this hiddious task.

However the death of christ washed our sins away.

As such being free from sins do we not have to carry out gods will as laid forth in the bible "the word of god".

Long story short I loaded my pickup truck with rocks who's in?

I hope you have a strong throwing arm because the road to salvation is long and short with few people on it.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #11

Post by OnceConvinced »

twpeck53 wrote:
Ilias Ahmad wrote:
Now in the old testament god commands his followers to stone many people to death.
Then christ came and said that only those that are free from sins may engage in such merry sport.
First of all, according to you Christ is God! The same God who commanded His followers to stone to death adulterers, blasphemers, apostates, and children who curse their parents. Then all of a sudden he changes his mind and says only if you are sinless you can do this? Why was this criterion for sinlessness never laid down in the book leviticus, deuteronomy, etc.? Also, by not carrying out the command to stone these categories of sinners, isn't that a sin in it of itself. A sin is to disobey God. God says stone the adultress. By not stoning the adultress you are therefore sinning! Therefore, according to the Gospel of John, Jesus promoted sin!!!

However, this whole story from the Gospel of John, where Jesus says to free the adultress and only if you never sinned you can cast the first stone is a fabricated story, a later interpolation into the Gospel of John.

BibleGateway

((The earliest and most reliable manuscripts and other ancient witnesses do not have John 7:53-8:11.))

If this proves anything, it's that the early "Christian" church had no moral qualms about adding or deleting things from the words of Jesus.
God did not "change His mind", Christ took on the punishment Himself. He took the place of the adulterers, etc. For example, when I was just learning to drive I hit a parked car (was not paying attention). My dad paid the costs of repairing it, so my dad took on the "punishment" for the "crime". In the same sense, we sinned and broke God's Law and deserve the punishment for that (regardless of how we feel is the severity of the punishment - God is the Lawmaker) but instead, as Christ, He took it upon Himself (He became sin for us).
Christ took the punishment of himself? Really? So the punishment for sin is to die, be resurrected from the dead and to live in Heaven at the right hand of the father?

Christ most definitely did not take man's punishment. But to avoid taking this thread of track, perhaps you'd like to debate that claim on the following thread:

How did Jesus take our punishment?

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by JoeyKnothead »

I find it quite disconcerting you would be so quick to find a reason to stone people. As with much of religious scripture, folks'll find what they seek.