Help! I need 10 good points as to why evolution is false

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

shibboleth

Help! I need 10 good points as to why evolution is false

Post #1

Post by shibboleth »

I am having trouble articulating myself on another forum and could do with some help, so if anyone here could give me (approx) 10 good bullet points disproving evolution i would be very grateful.

Vladd44
Sage

Post #2

Post by Vladd44 »

while your at it, can someone get me 10 good points to prove the world is flat.

Now for your question....

1. Because someone told you it was false (your bible is silent on the subject, any objective reading of it makes it abundantly clear that evolution is not excluded as a possibility for the christian faith.

2. Because You dont want to believe in evolution.

3. Because you dont want to be confused with the facts, your mind is made up.

4. Because benny hinn said it wasnt so.

Sorry I couldnt be more help. I guess it would be easier for me to come up with better reasons if what you were supporting wasnt so flawed in the first place.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.[GOD] ‑ 1 Cor 13:11
WinMX, BitTorrent and other p2p issues go to http://vladd44.com

Nyril
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Nyril »

5. Because belief in evolution is the fastest way to hell.
6. Crime has increased since evolution has entered schools, as has air travel, human life expectancy, and the number of cars on the highways. Oh, and diet soda consumption.
7. My pastor said it was false. (this might fall into line with 1 or 4)
8. The catholic pope said it was true, and we're baptist so we know he's lying.

Well, that's all I can think of. If you want a master reference of things that disprove evolution, TO's got a master list right here.
"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air...we need believing people."
[Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933]

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

The debate category is only for topics that have something to debate. So, I am moving this to Random Ramblings.

Also, if you are going to debate C vs E, simply having ten bullet points is not going to cut it. You'll need to do the research and think through the arguments. Otherwise, you are going to get slammed. Feel free to peruse this forum and read through the arguments presented. Read books. Visit websites. Think through the arguments. Then after you have done these things, then you'll start to be prepared to argue against evolutionists.

Nyril
Scholar

Post #5

Post by Nyril »

Oh! Thought of another.

9. Second law of thermodynamics states that evolution can't occur.
You'll need to do the research and think through the arguments. Otherwise, you are going to get slammed.
On this note, could you also do myself and every single other person you're debating a favor by not taking arguments from websites for which refutations are posted? I'm not saying that every single argument you'll find on this website has a neat little bulleted list refuting it, but I am saying that I'm tired of seeing the same argument over and over again (a la 2nd law of thermodynamics) that has been refuted so many times even Answers in Genesis has asked people to stop using them.

If you see a refutation, rather then reposting the argument to see if you can get someone else to dig up the refutation, why don't you hang out and debate the refutation?
"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air...we need believing people."

otseng
Savant

Post #6

Post by otseng »

Nyril wrote:Oh! Thought of another.

9. Second law of thermodynamics states that evolution can't occur.

On this note, could you also do myself and every single other person you're debating a favor by not taking arguments from websites for which refutations are posted?
I'm not sure who is you that you are referring to. But, anyways, we had an interesting discussion regarding the second law of thermo (and to my knowledge, none of which was copied from any other website).

Nyril
Scholar

Post #7

Post by Nyril »

I'm not sure who is you that you are referring to.
You would be shibboleth. They posted a message asking for a list. Now, it could just be me and my paranoia, but I'll gather that list would appear word-for-word on the next discussion board. This doesn't help anything.

Jose
Guru

Post #8

Post by Jose »

could you also do myself and every single other person you're debating a favor by not taking arguments from websites for which refutations are posted?
There are two issues here. I think you're referring to the tactic that is essentially spamming, in which the debator posts lots of "arguments" and doesn't really bother to debate them. If we just get "arguments" from other sites, and repost them, then...well, we don't get anywhere.

The second issue is actually trying to learn something. All of us have holes in our knowledge (at least I do), so kicking things around here helps us figure things out. For this, it sometimes helps to be given a link to someone else's well-reasoned argument if we're willing to read it, but other times we have some specific misconception that can only be dispelled by going over the information in our own circuitous way.

Take the 2nd law business. Yes, even AiG agrees that it's so wrong it's embarrassing to bring it up any more. Even so, there are a lot of people still using it, so a lot more people are being taught that it is a valid objection. I don't think it's possible to consider the 2nd law to be a valid objection to evolution if you understand it, so I'd think the best approach is to address the concerns with information and logic.
Panza llena, corazon contento