Post by uuuaaa »

Did anyone see Zeitgeist The Movie?

What did you think about it?

if you havn't seen it you can watch it here http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

ConfinedIX
Student

Post #2

Post by ConfinedIX »

I know this post is a little old but I figured I would post a reply anyways.
Did anyone see Zeitgeist The Movie?
Yes, I have seen it.
What did you think about it?
Personally, I thought that ZeitGeist was very intriguing. It certainly raised many questions for me. Overall I thought it was very good and I recommend people to watch it.
Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery. - Robert G. Ingersoll 1833-1899

Homicidal_Cherry53
Sage

Post #3

Post by Homicidal_Cherry53 »

I saw it and thought it was pretty poorly researched, and much more about outrageous overblown claims than actually getting to the truth about anything. Admittedly, the segment on Christianity was the most accurate, but all it did was point out the similarities between Jesus and other historical profits. That alone will not convert Christians, nor does it rule out Christianity as being correct (the similarities could be explained by the church changing Jesus' story to make the conversion easier for many).

The other sections, particularly the third (think it was the third) very inaccurate and pretty much ridiculous. For example, in stating that the sinking of the Lusitania was staged by the government in order to force us into WWI, the movie completely ignores the fact that we did not enter the war until months and months after the ship's sinking, and that the Zimmerman Note was actually the final straw that caused the declaration of war. It also ignores the fact that we were obviously leaning towards the allies and that the Germans saw U.S. intervention on behalf on the allies as an inevitability, giving them little reason not to attack U.S. shipping.

The movie was basically a big scare tactic, with little backing its ridiculous assertions (i.e. the governments of the world are all conspiring to create a supranational world government that will implant chips into every person on earth in order to track them and remove all of their rights).

ConfinedIX
Student

Post #4

Post by ConfinedIX »

Homicidal_Cherry53 wrote:I saw it and thought it was pretty poorly researched, and much more about outrageous overblown claims than actually getting to the truth about anything. Admittedly, the segment on Christianity was the most accurate, but all it did was point out the similarities between Jesus and other historical profits. That alone will not convert Christians, nor does it rule out Christianity as being correct (the similarities could be explained by the church changing Jesus' story to make the conversion easier for many).

The other sections, particularly the third (think it was the third) very inaccurate and pretty much ridiculous. For example, in stating that the sinking of the Lusitania was staged by the government in order to force us into WWI, the movie completely ignores the fact that we did not enter the war until months and months after the ship's sinking, and that the Zimmerman Note was actually the final straw that caused the declaration of war. It also ignores the fact that we were obviously leaning towards the allies and that the Germans saw U.S. intervention on behalf on the allies as an inevitability, giving them little reason not to attack U.S. shipping.

The movie was basically a big scare tactic, with little backing its ridiculous assertions (i.e. the governments of the world are all conspiring to create a supranational world government that will implant chips into every person on earth in order to track them and remove all of their rights).
Cherry, I do agree that some parts of ZeitGeist are completely bogus, such as the wanting to implant chips into every person on the Earth to track their bank accounts, where they are, ect. I also agree with what you have said on the movie's topic of the Lusitania and the Zimmerman Note.

I should make myself clear. When I said " Overall I thought it was very good and I recommend people to watch it" I meant the Religious part of the movie, however I do also agree all it really did was point out similarities in Religions throughout the world. Would have been much more intriguing had the movie just focused on the Religious aspects presented and gone into more detail while citing their sources.
Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery. - Robert G. Ingersoll 1833-1899

Homicidal_Cherry53
Sage

Post #5

Post by Homicidal_Cherry53 »

ConfinedIX wrote:
Homicidal_Cherry53 wrote:I saw it and thought it was pretty poorly researched, and much more about outrageous overblown claims than actually getting to the truth about anything. Admittedly, the segment on Christianity was the most accurate, but all it did was point out the similarities between Jesus and other historical profits. That alone will not convert Christians, nor does it rule out Christianity as being correct (the similarities could be explained by the church changing Jesus' story to make the conversion easier for many).

Cherry, I do agree that some parts of ZeitGeist are completely bogus, such as the wanting to implant chips into every person on the Earth to track their bank accounts, where they are, ect. I also agree with what you have said on the movie's topic of the Lusitania and the Zimmerman Note.

I should make myself clear. When I said " Overall I thought it was very good and I recommend people to watch it" I meant the Religious part of the movie, however I do also agree all it really did was point out similarities in Religions throughout the world. Would have been much more intriguing had the movie just focused on the Religious aspects presented and gone into more detail while citing their sources.
I can agree with this. There are plenty of reasons for lacking belief in God, and it would have been nice if the movie covered them, rather than narrowing their focus to Christianity.

By the way, nice avatar. :D

ConfinedIX
Student

Post #6

Post by ConfinedIX »

Haha, thank you ^_^ Futurama ftw