Are there just atheists here?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

QuantumSoul

Are there just atheists here?

Post #1

Post by QuantumSoul »

If so, that would make this place pretty damn boring.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Nope. There are active Christians here, but they are involved in only a few threads.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Are there just atheists here?

Post #3

Post by McCulloch »

QuantumSoul wrote:If so, that would make this place pretty damn boring.
The founder and owner of this site, otseng, is a Christian.

Fisherking describes himself as a Christian Fundamentalist. Jester and micatala on the moderating team are both Christians. Vanguard, Goose, justifyothers and achilles12604 are also quite active Christians. Chimp, dunsapy, In fact there are a good many Christians here.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Tails
Student

Post #4

Post by Tails »

Besides an administrator, I have seen several Christian members who posted in the last few days, including GentleDove, Pastor4Jesus, Poverello, Goose, elena, and Heir.

I understand what you mean, though. There are a few atheist forums I'm familiar with where Christians, or even people who are not devoted to Christianity per se but who have problems with atheism, are either nonexistent or rare. In fact, at one of these forums, I only saw one active Christian who was being ganged up on by the few active atheists, and these guys were even submitting several topics devoted to making fun of that Christian. With only that clique of like-minded dominating the discussions, the forum was boring.

Pastor4Jesus
Sage

Post #5

Post by Pastor4Jesus »

There are a few of the species Jesuspictius here. I am a Jesuspictius largebrainious.
McCulloch wrote:
The founder and owner of this site, otseng, is a Christian.

Fisherking describes himself as a Christian Fundamentalist. Jester and micatala on the moderating team are both Christians. Vanguard, Goose, justifyothers and achilles12604 are also quite active Christians. Chimp, dunsapy, In fact there are a good many Christians here.

I am fairly new here but its a normal site, which seems reversed from the general population ie more atheists and atheist apologists than christian and christian apologists. I have also noticed that atheists seem to stick together more than Christians do, and would attribute that to the diverse idea of what a christian is. I alienate a lot of atheists and Christians alike because of an open theist doctrine, and my ample too quick temper, which results in a tit for tat contact sport like debate style. Not very christian, nor very effective, but I am working on it! I get to try out a lot of ideas on you guys before I get an actual congregation for my church.

p4jc

thunderfbolt
Student

Post #6

Post by thunderfbolt »

Need more Christians.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by McCulloch »

thunderfbolt wrote:Need more Christians.
Yes, you can do your part in recruiting them. We have had many Christians here, but they don't stay long. Many of them seem not to like to debate where they are held to a fair standard of evidence. I am not sure what we can do to keep them here longer other than to become worse debaters. :confused2:
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by JoeyKnothead »

McCulloch wrote: I am not sure what we can do to keep them here longer other than to become worse debaters. :confused2:
Well, at least I'm doing my part :)
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

juliod
Guru

Post #9

Post by juliod »

Yes, you do need more christian here. I left a few years ago because it was all getting boring. (Check out the tokens.)

I was just checking in to see if any more christians had shown up.

DanZ

Goose

Post #10

Post by Goose »

McCulloch wrote:We have had many Christians here, but they don't stay long.
But I've seen atheist types appear with all guns blazing to only dissappear after a short time too. You know as well as I do there are many reasons people come and go. Let's not commit the fallacy of Hasty Generalization.
McCulloch wrote:Many [Christians] seem not to like to debate where they are held to a fair standard of evidence.
From what I've experienced here sceptics don't like to evaluate the evidence for Christianity using a fair and reasonable historical standard. They complain about Red Herrings and such when we Christians try to.
McCulloch wrote:I am not sure what we can do to keep them here longer other than to become worse debaters. :confused2:
Or you guys could try to become better debaters. That might elicit more interest from some Christian debaters. ;)