Moderator: Moderators

Benoni
Banned
Banned

WHY DOES God HIDE HIMSELF.

Post #1

Post by Benoni »

Pro. 25: 2
It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter

I love the above verse and find such an awesome deepness in God in things that are hidden. I find the Bible full of hidden mysteries (Greek Sacred Secret) and what amazes me are some many brothers and sisters in the Lord actually believe there are no mysteries in scripture.

God Himself hides Himself from man. This was not the case in the Garden of Eden; but once man became naked our perception of God changed. When Adam died; he did not die at that moment as we all know death. He died phyically at the age of 930 years old. But what did happened is he died spiritually at that moment he became naked which has nothing to do with not having clothing in the natural sense.

You see a dead man cannot see, hear, touch etc. A spiritual dead man is dead to the realm of the spirit and cannot see, hear, touch God as Adam did in the garden.

Comrade1

Re: WHY DOES God HIDE HIMSELF.

Post #2

Post by Comrade1 »

Benoni wrote:Pro. 25: 2
It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter

I love the above verse and find such an awesome deepness in God in things that are hidden. I find the Bible full of hidden mysteries (Greek Sacred Secret) and what amazes me are some many brothers and sisters in the Lord actually believe there are no mysteries in scripture.

God Himself hides Himself from man. This was not the case in the Garden of Eden; but once man became naked our perception of God changed. When Adam died; he did not die at that moment as we all know death. He died phyically at the age of 930 years old. But what did happened is he died spiritually at that moment he became naked which has nothing to do with not having clothing in the natural sense.

You see a dead man cannot see, hear, touch etc. A spiritual dead man is dead to the realm of the spirit and cannot see, hear, touch God as Adam did in the garden.
It is easy to accept such baseless generalizations as every major religion offers up such backless justifications and slants. This is a given as all the world's religions belong in the same pile. All of them feature "miracles", all claims ambiguous at best as all Gods seem to hate amputees. All Gods hide and do not show themselves.

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Slopeshoulder »

Is there a question or topic for debate?

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Benoni »

Why does God hide himself?
Slopeshoulder wrote:

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Slopeshoulder »

Benoni wrote:Why does God hide himself?
Slopeshoulder wrote:

But you answered it with a preachy sermon (which I couldn't follow, even with a seminary degree). You left no room for debate.
Is there anything you'd like to debate? like an open question for example?

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Benoni »

You are so negative. Do you agree with what I wrote or are you just angry?
Slopeshoulder wrote:
Slopeshoulder wrote:

But you answered it with a preachy sermon (which I couldn't follow, even with a seminary degree). You left no room for debate.

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Slopeshoulder »

Benoni wrote:You are so negative. Do you agree with what I wrote or are you just angry?
Slopeshoulder wrote:
Slopeshoulder wrote:

That is 1. a personal attack, 2. a judgment, and 3. a presumption.
I am not negative. I was pointing out your rulebreaking, that you have now added to. I was also asking if you had a question to debate, which is a positive response.
I have no opinion about what your wrote, except that it was sermonic.

However, while i would express it diferently, I do agree that "mystery" is a core, key, crucial aspect of faith and I applaud you for recognizing it and standing up for it vs. the litralists. Absolutely. I think we agree on the centrality of "Mystery" and "Spirit."

otseng
Savant

Post #8

Post by otseng »

Benoni wrote:You are so negative. Do you agree with what I wrote or are you just angry?

Moderator formal warning.

This would be considered a personal attack. Please review the rules and abide by them.

Scotracer
Guru

Post #9

Post by Scotracer »

Slopeshoulder wrote:

Because a non-existent god can't really do much else?
Why Evolution is True
Universe from nothing

Claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
- Christopher Hitchens

Flail

Post #10

Post by Flail »

The bible can contain as many 'mysteries' as one would desire to conjure. It is a mystery to me how anyone can find a God in printed words taken from ancient hearsay legends.