mainly FPS sinning...also a little bit pokemon..

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

gabbeTroop
Student

mainly FPS sinning...also a little bit pokemon..

Post #1

Post by gabbeTroop »

Is it a sin to play FPS games or First Person Shooter games?
If yes, will i go to hell if I do so?
If no, okay, fine, but it seems immmoral...

Is it a sin to play FPS games undert the age of 16/18? (depending on PEGI rate systems)

Is it a sin to make religious people on TV "evil" because of their belief?

Is pokemon a rude representation/mis representation of evolution?

ChaosBorders
Site Supporter

Re: mainly FPS sinning...also a little bit pokemon..

Post #2

Post by ChaosBorders »

gabbeTroop wrote:Is it a sin to play FPS games or First Person Shooter games?
Depends on how you define "sin" and also probably on what games you are playing. There is a pretty strong statistical correlation between playing a lot of FPS games and increased aggression (as much as I hate to admit it given I used to play a lot of FPS games).

Games where you're fighting a clearly evil enemy though are less likely to lead to any problems than ones where you're gunning down innocent civilians. As long as you don't get addicted, playing some Halo or Medal of Honor now and then or whatever isn't likely to be a problem.
gabbeTroop wrote: If yes, will i go to hell if I do so?
I think you have a better chance of winning the lottery then playing a first person shooter getting you sent to hell.
gabbeTroop wrote: Is it a sin to make religious people on TV "evil" because of their belief?
Huh?

gabbeTroop wrote: Is pokemon a rude representation/mis representation of evolution?
The 'evolution' in pokemon is not remotely similar to actual evolution. So I guess if someone thought it was then it would qualify as a misrepresentation.
Unless indicated otherwise what I say is opinion. (Kudos to Zzyzx for this signature).

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.� -Albert Einstein

The most dangerous ideas in a society are not the ones being argued, but the ones that are assumed.
- C.S. Lewis

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by LiamOS »

That's a good question.
I think there could be some interesting views in the Theology and Dogma section, where the Bible would be authoritative on this matter.

I would be especially interested in the Christian views on such matters, given the amount of FPS games I often play.

gabbeTroop
Student

Post #4

Post by gabbeTroop »

Do you mean it should be moved to the "dogma" section? Me too, i play a lot of FPSs and murder games...GTA IV/SA