Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

The Muslim Stance

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Its my understanding of Islam that it wants to 'take over' the world, making Islam the default religion for all. I ask these questions in a sincere effort to seek the truth, and I ask in an honest effort to clear the air.

Please forgive me if I'm in error, and I can't quote the Koran, I'm trying to get some clarification.

1- Does Islam seek to impose its brand of religion on the world?
2- Does Islam allow others to worship as they please, with no restrictions, taxes, or any other impediments?
3- Leave Israel out. Do NOT include it in this thread. Could Islam allow Jewish people to form their own communities? Again, we will NOT discuss Israel What I'm asking is could Islam accept a Jewish community to exist outside of any place that Islam considers holy?

4- I understand how delicate the Israel issue is, and I do NOT want to stir that nest up in this thread. If anyone wishes to discuss Israel start a different thread.

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #121

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

Wyvern wrote:
But I never heard ot any other version of Quran, are all those 14 versions in Arabic? can you show the link here please also. as you never should the authentic source till now
Just because you have not heard of it does not mean that it does not exist. Yes all fourteen versions are in arabic, I am not talking about different translations otherwise it would be over a hundred.

http://mb-soft.com/believe/txo/koran.htm

Mind you I am not saying nor is the article saying that the differences in the various versions are major but it does disprove this claim all the same.
Unlike Bible, Quran is saved tillnow, not a word or dot has been changed since the time it was revealed, this is Miracle, which al the historians and scholars, muslims and non-muslims agreed without any doubt.
The differences there are variant recitational readings. And that was noticed AND DEALT WITH many many years ago, leading to the obviously fabricated (but marked as ‘sahih’ by scholars, as in ‘correct’) hadith that Muhammad apparently asked the angel Gabriel to recite the revelations slightly differently until he had done it seven different ways.

Except it only ever crops up once, and if it happened all the time then surely one narrator or another would have mentioned it multiple times during revelations!
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

van
Apprentice

Post #122

Post by van »

TrueReligion wrote:
van wrote:Here is a link to extra writings:
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/index.html

Unlike Islam where spurious writtings were destroyed and burned everything that could be saved was saved.[/url]
To whom you are showing the link? me or others here, every1 knows Van that the books are changed, all the gospels are writen by unknown author, not a single diciple of Jesus wrote any Gospel, the Gospel of Mathew is also not the original 1, dats why there are thousands of contradictions in Bible, whch you never come to defend. Why? can you give explanation of this?

Unlike Bible, Quran is saved tillnow, not a word or dot has been changed since the time it was revealed, this is Miracle, which al the historians and scholars, muslims and non-muslims agreed without any doubt. O:)
You have no proof that the Quran has not been changed beacuse you have no originals. Where are those rocks, leaves bones that verses were first written on?

It is well known that Uthmann burned various copies of the Quran that did not agree with the few he saved.

The point of the link- different writtings by the early church fathers were not destroyed the way Uthmann destroyed all those various Qurans.

We know the Quran has been changed by what Aiashya said about chapters being longer, certain verses were left out- stoning verses etc.

What about the Sana Quran that shows there was a progression of writting to get to the Quran of today.

We have a very good idea of who wrote the Gospel Books. Do we know who actually wrote the Quran?

There is that story/hadith about the ex-muslim who wrote at least one of the books and basically told Mohammad what to say.

There is even the question that Mohammad ever lived.

Really muslims need to examine the Quran and their religion the way Bible scholars have studied the Holy Bible- take it apart, critically examine it, can the Quran stand all the tests?

Muslims are too afraid to find out.