Does God have a favorit race of people?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
kourvoisier
Under Probation
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:56 am

Post #91

Post by kourvoisier »

Joshua Patrick wrote:
LOL! yeah you gotta read for yourself... and make that decision on your own...
I believe the Babylon spoke of in Revelation is America...
That's Pagan Rome, who killed the Popes & the Saints.


But back to the original queston;
Does God have a favorit race of people?"
No.

Joshua what are u talking Revelation speaks of Pagan Rome? Back this claim up!
or withdraw your statement.

And God has a favorite people the Israelites
Deuteronomy 7:6
"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth."

So how dare you go against what God said... You Back that claim up too! or withdraw your statement.

And it aint those imposters in Israel right now calling themselves Jews.

Revelation 2:9 states:
"I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan"

User avatar
Joshua Patrick
Apprentice
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:42 pm
Location: Ireland

Post #92

Post by Joshua Patrick »

Joshua what are u talking Revelation speaks of Pagan Rome? Back this claim up!
or withdraw your statement.
We talking about Whore of Babylon here?

http://www.catholic.com/library/Hunting ... abylon.asp


I think you leave interpreting scripture alone, leave it to the people who created the book of revelation, the Catholic Church.

O:)

And it aint those imposters in Israel right now calling themselves Jews.
What kind of Jew you talking about?

Religious or Ethnic?

User avatar
Kuan
Site Supporter
Posts: 1806
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:21 am
Location: Rexburg, the Frozen Wasteland
Contact:

Post #93

Post by Kuan »

Joshua Patrick wrote:
Joshua what are u talking Revelation speaks of Pagan Rome? Back this claim up!
or withdraw your statement.
We talking about Whore of Babylon here?

http://www.catholic.com/library/Hunting ... abylon.asp


I think you leave interpreting scripture alone, leave it to the people who created the book of revelation, the Catholic Church.

O:)

And it aint those imposters in Israel right now calling themselves Jews.
What kind of Jew you talking about?

Religious or Ethnic?
Leaving the interpretation of the bible to those who wrote it will get you now where. Letting the Catholic church interpret it for you also is not a good idea. Look what they did during the dark ages when only the church interpreted it.

I second the last part about what Jews are you talking about kourvoisier?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

User avatar
kourvoisier
Under Probation
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:56 am

Post #94

Post by kourvoisier »

Joshua Patrick wrote:
Joshua what are u talking Revelation speaks of Pagan Rome? Back this claim up!
or withdraw your statement.
We talking about Whore of Babylon here?

http://www.catholic.com/library/Hunting ... abylon.asp


I think you leave interpreting scripture alone, leave it to the people who created the book of revelation, the Catholic Church.

O:)
LOL leave it up to the Catholic Church... I think not. Catholic Church did not create the book of revelation back up this horrible claim...

USA is Babylon!!!

Joshua Patrick wrote:
And it aint those imposters in Israel right now calling themselves Jews.
What kind of Jew you talking about?

Religious or Ethnic?
First of all Jew in the bible is no religion. In fact the word Jew is simply short for Judah. Jew only referred to the Israelites who were apart of the Southern Kingdom of Judea... Which ONLY included tribes Judah,Benjamin and Levi...

Furthermore the Northern Kingdom "Israel" which was made up of the remaining tribes of Israel were not referred to as Jews even tho they were in fact just as much as Israelites as the Kingdom of Judea.

During the time of Jesus the only Israelites in Israel were Judah, Benjamin, and Levi... the others tribes, well you know they were scattered amongst the nations...

So the whole thought of "JEW" being a religion is man made and false, you can give the props to Judiasm for the misuse of the word "JEW"...

Being Jewish is a joke if you are not from the tribes of Judah,Benjamin or Levi...
The So called Jews in Israel are not Judah Benjamin or Levi, they are imposters...

They are not the people of the bible...

User avatar
micatala
Site Supporter
Posts: 8338
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:04 pm

Post #95

Post by micatala »

Moderator Formal Warning
kourvoisier wrote:
Joshua Patrick wrote:
LOL! yeah you gotta read for yourself... and make that decision on your own...
I believe the Babylon spoke of in Revelation is America...
That's Pagan Rome, who killed the Popes & the Saints.


But back to the original queston;
Does God have a favorit race of people?"
No.

Joshua what are u talking Revelation speaks of Pagan Rome? Back this claim up!
or withdraw your statement.

And God has a favorite people the Israelites
Deuteronomy 7:6
"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth."

So how dare you go against what God said... You Back that claim up too! or withdraw your statement.

And it aint those imposters in Israel right now calling themselves Jews.

Revelation 2:9 states:
"I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan"

Lecturing people for going against your understanding of what God said is not really debate.

And you have again repeated an assertion without evidence after having been warned about supporting assertions, this particular assertion in fact.
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn

melissa
Student
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:08 am
Location: California

Does God have a favorite race?

Post #96

Post by melissa »

Hi Sanman,

As far as a superior race, I don't know, but you might want to check out a book called
"The Bell Curve" that explores that topic. But as far as God having a favorite race, it
appears that God loves the simple people! "Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential;
not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of the world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, so that no one can boast before him. I is because of him that you are in Jesus Christ who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."
1 Corithians 1:27-31

The way I look at it, regardless of whether there is a superior race, there are people with a whole range of IQs in every race, and, since we deal with people one at a time,
whether or not there is a group with a higher IQ is immaterial.

Shermana
Prodigy
Posts: 3762
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:19 pm
Location: City of the "Angels"

Post #97

Post by Shermana »

Us Jews.

User avatar
Sum1sGruj
Banned
Banned
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Post #98

Post by Sum1sGruj »

God favors the meek and mild. That is an absolute certainty with the teachings of Jesus.

In the Old Testament, however, the Jews were to be a Holy Nation, an example of a Godly people. He used them to declare Him in return for bringing them out of Egypt.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Shermana
Prodigy
Posts: 3762
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:19 pm
Location: City of the "Angels"

Post #99

Post by Shermana »

Sum1sGruj wrote:God favors the meek and mild. That is an absolute certainty with the teachings of Jesus.

In the Old Testament, however, the Jews were to be a Holy Nation, an example of a Godly people. He used them to declare Him in return for bringing them out of Egypt.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
"I have only come for the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel".

The Canaanite woman was lucky Jesus was merciful when she admitted she was a dog compared to an Israelite.

User avatar
Sum1sGruj
Banned
Banned
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Post #100

Post by Sum1sGruj »

Shermana wrote:
Sum1sGruj wrote:God favors the meek and mild. That is an absolute certainty with the teachings of Jesus.

In the Old Testament, however, the Jews were to be a Holy Nation, an example of a Godly people. He used them to declare Him in return for bringing them out of Egypt.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
"I have only come for the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel".

The Canaanite woman was lucky Jesus was merciful when she admitted she was a dog compared to an Israelite.
That's just a near-sighted and quite false interpretation.

He came to the Jews, who were the only ones at the time who knew much about God. There wasn't 2 billion people around the world believing in God.
If he came for anyone else, they wouldn't have known much of anything in which he spoke of.

There are verses that directly and uncontroversially imply that He is the Savior of all men.

It's all about appropriate action. He appeared to the Jews as they were the chosen ones. It's just too bad that most of them rejected him and some even went as far as crucifying him.

So really, it seems you have not read much of any of the Bible. You are one of those people that pick at whatever they can use to attack Christians, and it's as ridiculous as it is a fallacy.
Anymore of that will just simply go ignored.
Thanx :)

Post Reply